ODI Tri-Series: Australia v India, SCG, Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

The public counter-argument raised by the CA chief executive James Sutherland was that in a summer of only four Test matches, other grounds needed to be better compensated in other formats. Perth in particular was bequeathed the final of the ODI triangular series, a fixture Adelaide has occasionally shared with Brisbane when it is not hosted by Sydney or Melbourne.

Sutherland's claim was rather hollowed out by the fact that the Australia Day fixture was not passed on to Perth but instead granted to Sydney, which in addition to the New Year's Test hosted a T20 and ODI against South Africa and another ODI against England before Australia Day brought India to the ground.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/carlton-mid-triangular-series-2015/content/story/824101.html

Well fcked up CA.

My final comment for this thread is taken from the last paragraph of the same article.

If Adelaide Oval's custodians had worried about the prospect of losing this fixture for future summers after a successful Sydney debut, they were quietly relieved. The weather ensured they have a better than even chance to regain the match in 2015-16 when the opponent will once again be - you guessed it - India.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/carlton-mid-triangular-series-2015/content/story/824101.html

Im done. And yes I was pissed off that my state lost the ODI, we dont get many things here in Adelaide, but when we do we do it right and do it well.

The End.

lmFECyK.jpg

maybe its like the Asian Cup soccer where we apparently didn't pay millions of dollars of public money for bribes to host a match

Sydney were royally shafted the MOST in regards to the test match apart from Perth. We had ONE day on the weekend, thats it. The game today was unfortunate, but we did deserve some compensation for the schedule change.

lol, you don't deserve anything

We did after CA shafted us in the test match. The test should have a MINIMUM of 2 weekend days OR we have to be compensated. The 5th day as a weekend was just silly. The match was always going to be a boring draw, no one bothered to go. Jane McGrath Day was well down diue to the scheduling.

We did after CA shafted us in the test match. The test should have a MINIMUM of 2 weekend days OR we have to be compensated. The 5th day as a weekend was just silly. The match was always going to be a boring draw, no one bothered to go. Jane McGrath Day was well down diue to the scheduling.
If shafted, you mean because of the re-scheduling that was required after Phil Hughes died???
The Sydney test was originally scheduled to start on Jan 3 (as it always does) which would have given the Test Match 2 weekend days. The Test Match was only rescheduled after Phil Hughes died.

The scheduling of today's ODI in Sydney was done in June/July.

If shafted, you mean because of the re-scheduling that was required after Phil Hughes died???
The Sydney test was originally scheduled to start on Jan 3 (as it always does) which would have given the Test Match 2 weekend days. The Test Match was only rescheduled after Phil Hughes died.

The scheduling of today's ODI in Sydney was done in June/July.

Exactly and for the record I had no issue with the re-scheduling but they should have pushed it back another 3 days, that way days 3 and 4 were weekend days. Sydney haven't had the best schedule with CA this season. The resheduling cost at a bare minimum 30-40,000 people (6K per day). I know I struggled to get to full days.

Selfish of Phil Hughes really, isn't it?

Sydney were royally shafted the MOST in regards to the test match apart from Perth. We had ONE day on the weekend, thats it. The game today was unfortunate, but we did deserve some compensation for the schedule change.
Also the Aus Day game was given to Sydney months ago. So STFU about it being "compensation for the schedule change". It's nothing of the sort and you know it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's because Hughes died.

Complete separate matter from moving the Australia Day game which was decided more than half a year ago.

I know you're a bit thick, but are you taking the piss?

Take a look at how the Adelaide Test was rescheduled; we got shafted worse than anybody, compounded by the fact they screwed us with this ODI as well.

The Australia Day ODI in Adelaide was always Sold Out the only reason numbers were down was cos half the bloody stadium was being re built and now we have this 50,000 seat beauty and they give it to Sydney! ..... wonder how CA felt when 53,000 South Australians rocked up to watch a 20/20 strikers match!! Just imagine the atmosphere on Australia Day.... CA are bloody mumpets I tell ya.... missed out on a massive pay day too

The Australia Day ODI in Adelaide was always Sold Out the only reason numbers were down was cos half the bloody stadium was being re built and now we have this 50,000 seat beauty and they give it to Sydney! ..... wonder how CA felt when 53,000 South Australians rocked up to watch a 20/20 strikers match!! Just imagine the atmosphere on Australia Day.... CA are bloody mumpets I tell ya.... missed out on a massive pay day too
Cricket Australia would have loved the money they got from the Strikers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back