Official Team Thread Geelong Wolves - WHERE THE STARS COME TO PLAY

Remove this Banner Ad

100% agree that we want the season to start. We are hungry for it and while the SOO is a teaser it can't replace playing with your team mates.

Looking forward to this season and seeing the Willo_ to Cooksen combo :thumbsu:
I'm going great guns so thoroughly enjoying SOO :D

But same as every season, the practice matches are enjoyable and good to blow out the cobwebs for the real stuff to begin :thumbsu:

As soon as Danoz posted it I too couldn't see the images but now they work.

Weird.
Make Mr Football work.
I'm the same. I had a look when Danoz posted and had the same problem. I look back again in a few minutes and they work fine. Weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As soon as Danoz posted it I too couldn't see the images but now they work.

Weird.
Make Mr Football work.
m0nty on Dec 28 2014 said:
My plan of attack goes like this:

1. CricketFan live scoring... nearing completion, just some iteration (a.k.a. turd polishing) being done now
2. Media Street (news aggregation) - must be done ASAP, likely well before then since most of the code is already there, just needs to be updated... likely alpha by early Jan and gold by mid Jan
3. FanLeague - Must be done before preseason starts on Jan 31 and would be nice to have it up for official launch of NRL fantasy comps... alpha already done, gold some time in Jan
4. Training bloggers for FanLeague - shouldn't take too long, just write some documents... late Jan
5. Mr Football... not before February, and will probably want to plan a few weeks "off" to fight bugs and maybe rest a few days after a hectic offseason

So as you can see it's a long list, and Mr Football is at the bottom of it. Not by choice, but that's the way it has to be.
m0nty on Jan 7 2015 said:
Update:

#1 and #2 are done, which is a good pace to be setting. Very pleased with myself on that score. Tomorrow I start work on #3.
:thumbsu:

Hi All,

The first ever SFA beyondblue Charity All-Star Exhibition Series is starting next week.

Any donation to a brilliant cause by Tuesday, 3rd February will make you eligible for selection.

For more information, see HERE

To donate, follow this link:https://give.everydayhero.com/au/bigfooty-sfa-community-charity-match

pMjc3x3.jpg

wolf2-1.jpg

With only a couple of weeks to go before the season kicks off lets hear from some of the leaders of the club and their thoughts on the upcoming season.

82330.jpg
Tayl0r
66951.jpg
SM
106204.jpg
Hatchy1992

Welcome back for S19, how excited are you to get back into it?
Tayl0r
: Very much so, I feel like we put in the hard work last season only to let ourselves down big time at the end.

SM : Mate, I can't wait. Minor Premiership was nice but I'm here to win the major silverware, and going out in straight sets has me keen to get back into it in S19. I had an iffy season on field in S18, so I'm looking to tweak a few things in my game to get back into the form that had me going great in my debut season.

Hatchy : I'm very excited to get back into it. We ended on a dissapointing note in s18 and i'm very keen to make up for it. I enjoyed the break and spent some quality time back at home but i'm very excited to be back here and hopefully have a better season.

What is your impression of the name change?
Tayl0r
: I like it, I'm proud of it. It's tough, loyal and focused. Just like us.

SM : I love it. Wolves is a lot more ferocious than Gumbies, and there's a lot of pride in putting on the guernsey each week I reckon.

Hatchy : I'm loving the name change. A Gumby didn't really serve to strike fear into the opposition but I think a Wolf does that.

Tayl0r you have All SFA selection twice now so and club VC so what can we look forward to from you in S19 regarding On & Off field performance?

On field I expect to spend more time behind the ball, setting up play, intercepting attacks. Really back to my roots. The best teams overflow their middle into the flanks so I'm happy to take my zero tackles to the backline and jump on some heads.

SM in S18 you established yourself as one of the leading players within the club with obvious leadership qualities so what can we look forward to from you in S19 regarding On & Off field performance.
I lead from the front. I lead by example. Anything the rest of the team is asked to do, I'll do as well. If it's laying a last ditch tackle to save a goal, you can count on me, and I'll try and lift my game to another level. I have my sights set on an All-SFA place and will do everything I can to achieve it. Off the field, I'm looking to motivate the rest of our team to have the best possible season that they can have.

Hatchy S18 was the your breakout year as predicted during some of our PM's. What can we look forward to from you in S19 regarding On & Off field performance?

I had a terrific S18 so first and foremost is to build on the solid foundations I made for myself and hopefully have a constent presence around the league.

Tayl0r you have now played 60 games for the club. Is joining the 100 Club an ambition of yours?
I'm just going one season at a time. Sixty really snuck up on me there so I don't think 100 should be too hard but it's more something I'll look back on once I'm done and enjoy.

SM You have now played 26 games for the club. Do you now consider yourself ready to make a mark on the SFA?
Absolutely. As above, I've played 26 games now which is a decent amount, and all going well, I'll be close to the 50-game mark come the end of the season. The training wheels are off now and I want to make a mark on the competition, and All-SFA is in my sights.

Hatchy you have now played 27 games for the club. Is 50 games and then joining the 100 Club an ambition of yours?

Cerainly 50 games is an ambition of mine and is certainly on the radar. Cracking the ton would be a great achievement but us still a long way down the track. Club custodians like yourself, Peterrs and STFly have all managed to crack it and I have no reason to see why I can't.

S18 we went out in straight sets which was disappointing. What have you done during the Off season to make sure it does not happen again?
Tayl0r
: I've been working on my tackling. My attack on the man last season was far down on pervious years and it left quite a hole in my game, I'm looking to complete it.

SM : Going out in straight sets really burns. We only lost a handful of games all season, and I don't like losing. I haven't lost many games in my short career, and I don't want to make a habit of it. I've been in the gym in the off-season, and out on the training field I've been working on my kicking and marking so hopefully that'll see my game improve.

Hatchy : Bowing out in straight sets was devastating given we were the in form team of s18 H/A season. I'm approaching this off season with a fresh mind and used the break to build on my running capacity to match it with the best.

What is your preferred position on the quooty field?
Tayl0r
: My most successful year from a team contribution perspective was when I was at CHB.

SM : I'm quite happy as a ruck rover, suits my game to a tee with my tank, and I can run all day.

Hatchy : I see myself as a midfield utility player. I played on the wing for the majority of S18 but closed the season in the ruck. I wouldn't mind another crack in the midfield to open the season with. I'm looking to grab a MF position and make it my own.

What are your personal goals for S19?
Tayl0r
: If I can kick more goals drifting forward during games than my forward kicks then I'll be very happy.

SM : A premiership would be nice, this team is going places and that needs to be recognised with some more silverware.

Hatchy : First and foremost I want to play every game and after that to have a consistently solid season. I want to force the selectors mind and grasp an opportunity to play a position in the MF and make it my own. You look as far as DTB who made FF his own. Still, it's all in my hands.

Who will be the big improver for the Wolves in S19?
Tayl0r : We have Hatchy and SM putting in some serious km in the preseason so I expect big things.

SM : I really rate typeclub as a big improver this season.

Hatchy : Spanna65 I see having massive potential to have a breakout season. Hopefully he's adjusted to the league and will see him make massive strides.

From what you have seen in the pre season who is the looking the goods for the up coming season?
Tayl0r : As before, SM and Hatchy can really announce themselves this season.

SM : Tayl0r and Hatchy have had big seasons on the track, running PBs in the 3km time trial, so great stuff from then.

Hatchy : SM I see having a massive season. His starting to make an impact around the league with his media piece which is great. He had a solid season 18 so hopefully he can continue to build on that.

Which team do you enjoy beating the most in the SFA?
Tayl0r
: The Warriors.

SM : I would say the Bears, but they're pretty easy to beat, aren't they? The Warriors are pretty satisfying to beat, and the Wonders, of course.

Hatchy : Wonders. Because #lolwonders!

Which team do you enjoy match day banter with the most in the SFA?
Tayl0r
: The Bandits, so polite.

SM : The Bears were pretty enjoyable this season, as well as the Furies.

Hatchy : Furies are great value in the match threads. They're great to banter with. WT, Fumbler and TIA are among my favourite posters outside of the Wolves I think.

Thanks to the Leadership Group for their time and as we can see the club is in great hands with these players set to show the way. We look forward to plenty in S19. Our new recruits in Willo_, manboob, TN25, Cooksen and yyou have all showed tremendous sings in the preseason and with a strong list of new and experienced players we will again be hard to beat.

Stay tuned for the fixture list which should be seen very seen and our 1st match thread that I will PM you all into.

Cheers and as always if there are any issue or concerns or you just want to chat, my PM box is always open.

Congratulations to SM, Hatchy1992 and grimlock in joining yours truly in becoming State of Origin Champions. To SM & Hatchy who were Co Captains it is very satisfying from the clubs point of view to see future leaders of the club already winning silverware.

So lets see how our players went in all the stats.

Goals
Rank Total Player Team

15: 7 A BIT HIGH (NSW)
31: 5 TAYL0R (WES)
38: 5 COOKSEN (MET)
45: 4 DREAM TEAM (WES)
53: 4 YYOU (WES)
66: 3 GRIMLOCK (NSW)
67: 3 HATCHY (NSW)
79: 2 FIZZLER (COU)
88: 2 SPANNA65 (WES)
96: 1 SM (NSW)