Tom Rockliff will captain the Brisbane Lions from 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Replacing Jed Adcock who will move into a mentoring role in the club. Link here.

558589-c371ea6a-a74c-11e4-a9d7-6cc5c5f56890.jpg

Thoughts on the move? Personally I think it's a year too early, but hey, the players voted them in which is great.

Rockliff is the reigning club champion and last year became the first Lion since Brown in 2009 to be selected in the All-Australian side.

The midfielder, who has played 101 games, last year signed a new three-year deal that ties him to the club until the end of the 2016 season.

If you have nothing useful to contribute, why even bother posting?
There's nothing really to contribute.

Rockliff is an absolutely elite player, and a great leader in his own right.

This is a good move on Brisbane's part, and it really wasn't unexpected whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's arguable that this could be put on the Lions board rather than the main board?
Exactly. The main board is for discussing original things like returning State of Origin, rating clubs on how many members the club has and Walkers hat.
No place for discussion on one of the clubs naming a new captain.

Probably a good move. I didn't even know Adcock was captain.

Bloke makes homophobic slur at opponent, team mates vote him captain. Culture.

Must be short on quality leaders at that joint.

Brent Harvey is a dickhead, well called Tom.

Bloke makes homophobic slur at opponent, team mates vote him captain. Culture.
If he called him a f*ggot or gay, then I hardly see how it could be meant as a homophobic slur. Both of those words are used so casually to insult people these days, it's on the same level as calling someone an idiot.. But he should learn from that and I'd doubt we'd see something similar from tom in the future.

Rockliff is a good person, cheeky yes, but will be a great captain.

If he called him a f*ggot or gay, then I hardly see how it could be meant as a homophobic slur. Both of those words are used so casually to insult people these days, it's on the same level as calling someone an idiot.. But he should learn from that and I'd doubt we'd see something similar from tom in the future.

Rockliff is a good person, cheeky yes, but will be a great captain.

Hopefully he's learnt more from it than you have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back