FTA-TV GAME OF THRONES season 4 (MANY book spoilers) *you have been warned*

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Aegon was cut and Varys grand plan to bring on a Blackfyre/put a puppet king he trained from early childhood in the throne has been replaced with him supporting Dany all along.

And the awesome Davos speech to the Manderley's was cut.
Don't have a huge problem with the first part. Besides the fact it completely kills any suspense for us readers as to Aegon's ultimate success.

The second thing is so stupid. It's an awesome moment in the book, and sets up potentially awesome moments further down the track. No they don't care for Stannis and Davos, but they definitely do care about the Starks, and the whole North remembers stuff is money. Eh.

Looks like Aegon was cut and Varys grand plan to bring on a Blackfyre/put a puppet king he trained from early childhood in the throne has been replaced with him supporting Dany all along.

Looks like they either aren't using Aegon this season or he isn't really relevant to the overall story since they know the ending.

Looks like they either aren't using Aegon this season or he isn't really relevant to the overall story since they know the ending.

Well they're merging things.

And just because he doesn't win (which he wasn't ever going to) didn't mean his plotline wouldn't go anywhere interesting.

Don't have a huge problem with the first part. Besides the fact it completely kills any suspense for us readers as to Aegon's ultimate success.

The second thing is so stupid. It's an awesome moment in the book, and sets up potentially awesome moments further down the track. No they don't care for Stannis and Davos, but they definitely do care about the Starks, and the whole North remembers stuff is money. Eh.
It doesn't mean that Aegon won't be in the show later or won't be pivotal in the books.

There are two thoughts.

1. This is still technically the early parts of books 4&5 (because of the congruent timeline) so they could realistically push Aegon back an entire season if they really need to. If they are waiting for GRRM to unleash Winds to see what happens next with Aegon we could see this season be more in depth or even anime-esque "filler" eps with the other characters before they unleash him.

Or
2. They know they are going to finish earlier than the books so they are intentionally cutting Aegon to separate the narratives so that the books aren't ruined. I.e we could basically be watching a series of fan-fics

Read an article the other day we wont be seeing winds until at least 2016 so the show will pass the books most likely
That article was just journalistic waffle and embellishment.

The only thing it said was there are no plans (currently) for a 2015 release. Which is the same thing we've known since September last year and even earlier.

Now what that means it there is no plans for a release because they don't have a manuscript. That doesn't mean they won't get a manuscript soon. Depending on how long it takes to edit and produce (I dunno 2-6 months?) it means GRRM has up until July-October to finish a manuscript for a 2015 release or even up until September-January for a release before next season of the show.

Now how much has he got written?

Well we know a few things from different sources.

1. Sample Chapters - there are at least 6-7 chapters already released or known about. Some are online, some have been read at conventions and he's mentioned some (I.e he gave readers a choice of a Sansa rumored sex/rape/molestation scene or an Aegon chapter and they took the Aegon chapter, or whoever is that pov I've forgotten) So we know there are 6-7 edited chapters already in existence. How many are in a book. Like 25-40? So he's already part way there

2. Rumours that Dance has 100-200 pages cut including chapters about three wars, meren, winterfell and presumably Tyrells V Aegon. You would assume that that will be included at least partially in these books if not completely, depending on editing.

So what's that 6-7 chapters + 100-200 pages.

3. General time, Dance came out in 2011?2012? That's three years now. He had 100-200 pages at that time already. So he's had 3 years to write the rest (including those 6-7 chapters he's shown) I know he's a dick who is enjoying his fame too much and not writing but other authors smash them out way faster than that.

I think he's very close. I'm hoping for an announcement at the end of this season or maybe half way through set for a Christmas release.

I have faith.

Then there is even a chance the TV show could stay behind the books.

Season 5 (first half of books 4&5) - 2015
Winds - XMAS 2015
Season 6 (second half of books 4&5) -2016
Season 7 ( start of Winds) - 2017
Season 8 (Winds) - 2018
Dream of Spring - XMAS 2018/early 2019
Season 9 (Spring) - 2019

That might be an exaggerated series length. It might only be 8 seasons. But even then. We coulllllld have a Dream of Spring book by 2018 especially if GRRM does the same thing that he has for this one and be forced to cut some pages from Winds for Spring. Basically he could have too many pages for one book already.

Basically until GRRM says we won't or we will I'm not listening and I still have faith

Last edited:
I thought they were only doing 7 seasons of the show? Didn't they say something along those lines as being the reason they are likely to leave the Lady Stoneheart arc out for time constraints or am I imagining things?
Possible - but if they are only doing 7 it will be a completely different story to the song of ice and fire. You'd need at least 9 series to finish it off. And that's if GRRM wraps it up in 2 which is not certain. He could take 3 or more

Possible - but if they are only doing 7 it will be a completely different story to the song of ice and fire. You'd need at least 9 series to finish it off. And that's if GRRM wraps it up in 2 which is not certain. He could take 3 or more
It's already pretty comfortably different. They're just cutting out most of the side stuff and focussing on the main narrative. Which is obviously heavily weighted towards Dany and Jon.

I stagger to think how GRRM plans to wrap up the series in only two more books - unless those are really long reads, or the pace from AGoT is brought back (that's like one year in 300 pages). There is so much s**t that has to sort itself out, and that's not including the impending zombie apocalypse (which I predict will never actually eventuate), two books just doesn't seem like enough to cover it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stagger to think how GRRM plans to wrap up the series in only two more books - unless those are really long reads, or the pace from AGoT is brought back (that's like one year in 300 pages). There is so much s**t that has to sort itself out, and that's not including the impending zombie apocalypse (which I predict will never actually eventuate), two books just doesn't seem like enough to cover it all.
It's slow because people rarely meet up. There's a bunch of disconnected storylines over Westeros, along with Dany, Tyrion and co. Have Tyrion meet Dany and actually land in Westeros at any of the Wall, Vale or Kings Landing and you collapse it down to where they can progress much quicker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back