List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Prospects (Poll Added 31/8/15)

Which player do you want at our first selection?

• Harry McKay

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Kieran Collins

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Ryan Burton

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Callum Ah Chee

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Harley Balic

• Riley Bonner

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Ben McKay

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Mitch Hibberd

• Daniel Rioli

• Jade Gresham

• Clayton Oliver

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will need to pick up another highly rated KPP. A defender mostly - our forwards are starting to develop nicely - so happy to see big red making strides but Talia and Fletch (I am a fan of both) have not shown enough yet - very happy to give them time but this leaves us exposed. Hamling was good at VFL a but not a superstar, Cordy is a baby but has already done a shoulder and even Rough has some very obvious weaknesses and lastly - even Morris and Murphy can't last forever (should get Lance Armstrong onto it).

Don't know too many premiership sides without outstanding defences.

I got to watch the 18 and 19 year old players for dandy on saturday
wrote down a few names of players that looked good in their drills, i'll post them later today
i.e. i'm too lazy atm
Did you see any of the younger boys as well? There's one there that I know personally that just got accepted. He's brilliant.

Did you see any of the younger boys as well? There's one there that I know personally that just got accepted. He's brilliant.
Only the 18 and 19 year olds, they wanted their best players for the sessions to show off prefect drills etc.
What was his name?
i remember most of the names.

Only the 18 and 19 year olds, they wanted their best players for the sessions to show off prefect drills etc.
What was his name?
i remember most of the names.
Nah he's only 16 so I doubt you'd have seen him.

His name's Jamie Plumridge. One to keep an eye out for in a few years.

Someone here - posted that we would get a compo pick for Griffin. I thought that was not the case - anyone confirm??

Not possible, he didn't go as a free agent was under contract. Was a trade deal

Nah he's only 16 so I doubt you'd have seen him.

His name's Jamie Plumridge. One to keep an eye out for in a few years.
Will do, i'm doing level 1 coaching at dandy on feb 22nd so i might be coaching him.

So what are our options?
At the minute (very early of course) I'd think the top echelon of the draft are midfielders with the best KPPs (Weideman, Skinner, Schache) a little further down in the first round. I'd think Tucker, Parish and Mathieson are the top three (although the players already committed to Sydney/Brisbane probably make up two of the top five picks). I'm a big fan of Parish at the moment though.

As for who best fits us though? I'd say Skinner without a doubt at the moment.

At the minute (very early of course) I'd think the top echelon of the draft are midfielders with the best KPPs (Weideman, Skinner, Schache) a little further down in the first round. I'd think Tucker, Parish and Mathieson are the top three (although the players already committed to Sydney/Brisbane probably make up two of the top five picks). I'm a big fan of Parish at the moment though.

As for who best fits us though? I'd say Skinner without a doubt at the moment.
I reckon Tucker would be our man. Classy midfielder who has shown he can play back flank, but end of the day any of those Vic Country boys would be good. Even Mathieson as a contested beast.

Need to find a way to get two top picks, lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Tucker would be our man. Classy midfielder who has shown he can play back flank, but end of the day any of those Vic Country boys would be good. Even Mathieson as a contested beast.

Need to find a way to get two top picks, lol.
I really like Tucker as well; not convinced Mathieson fits us though.

Skinner 2.0!
This one's considerably better, I assure you. ;)

I wouldn't rule out Weitering, if he has a good year

I really like Keays, & even though Brisbane would likely take him
think that he would really add something to both our forward line & midfield
tipping him for a big year for QLD

Tucker & Parish the obvious choices though

Dannnnnnnnnn, have you seen much of O’Kearney? I've never seen him play but his bio sounds like something we need.

Pogba
He certainly will have his work cut for him with Metros midfield when comparing to Country
His performance in the curtain raiser for last years AFL GF was something else

this year I will probably end up heading to more games, if the weather is right
hopefully have JMac sit near me again to :p

Dannnnnnnnnn, have you seen much of O’Kearney? I've never seen him play but his bio sounds like something we need.
Won Calder's B&F as an underager - so he can play.

He's a really tough inside player that just accumulates contested possessions with ease. Has very good endurance, neat skills and an exceptional footy brain. Great tackler as well. Also spreads very well and is very capable of playing a more outside role. Biggest issue right now is that he's not versatile at all; it's pretty much midfield or bust at the moment and he's shown very little propensity to make it elsewhere on the ground. His kicking can be a little wayward at times (especially under pressure) and he's not the quickest guy out there, but he's certainly very talented.

Real chance at a top five selection this year. On paper he's shown the most of any 2015 prospect.

Some highlights here (not sure why Calder thought Coldplay was appropriate here but ok):

I am confident we will finish bottom three, with only the Saints a guarantee to be below us. Melbourne should technically improve, GWS should with Griffen in the midfield, so this will be the fifth year that we are rebuilding. If we cannot get seven wins this year to equal last year, so do we ask for a priority pick?
Dammit we will be competing with two clubs who have had it handed to them on a silver tray, and Melbourne is not that far behind them, with the leg ups they have enjoyed.

No priority picks. We aren't a basket case that need a handout. We shouldn't be pathetic enough to beg the AFL for support, and rightly so. What grounds would be even have? We haven't bottomed out, we've astutely drafted and the only truly crippling injury we've had is Libba (you could argue otherwise) No, we'll improve. We've got the talent there, just need it to form some cohesiveness and adapt to the new game plan and it'll pick up. We're slightly behind the 8 -ball now......but we'll be back up there soon don't fear.

I am confident we will finish bottom three, with only the Saints a guarantee to be below us. Melbourne should technically improve, GWS should with Griffen in the midfield, so this will be the fifth year that we are rebuilding. If we cannot get seven wins this year to equal last year, so do we ask for a priority pick?
Dammit we will be competing with two clubs who have had it handed to them on a silver tray, and Melbourne is not that far behind them, with the leg ups they have enjoyed.

No chance, given Melbourne got the finger (thank goodness) last year, that we'll get a priority pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back