motr

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Who wouldn't want both. The chemistry these two blokes have is a win not often factored in to the analysis of draft outcomes.

But if Beams wasn't traded and Moore wasn't a father son, who'd be wearing 35

I didn't notice Moore that much on Thursday night so just going off the practice match, I'd go with De Goey.

In order to help me make up my mind I searched google images for "more gooey" and now I have a sudden urge to eat an entire cake shop.
I will blame the OP for my type II diabetes.

Up to this point I was getting concerned:oops:

We're all waiting to judge retrospectively, but recruiters don't have this option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is irrelevant - Not because we got both and we don't have to pick between them, but because if Darcy Moore wasn't a F/S pick to us he would have gone before #5 and we wouldn't have had a shot at him. So the choice would have been between one of McCartin/Petracca/Brayshaw/Pickett and De Goey, and that's far too speculative to even form an opinion on.

But to fully indulge, if both were there at #5 and we HAD to pick one or the other, I guess Darcy Moore would have been the obvious choice because of his athleticism, pedigree, leadership and potential.

I didn't notice Moore that much on Thursday night so just going off the practice match, I'd go with De Goey.

De Goey is a bird in the hand if you watched our first NAB game.

A tall like Moore is perhaps worth two, but is unquantifiable at this stage.

given the current midfield stock of Pendles, swan, greenwood, adams, sidebottom, fas, elliot, etc... and the need for a tall up forward I would go with Moore if I had to choose 1 or the other but I do like having both as both I can see being 200 gamers already...

So Hawkins > Selwood (see if the Geelong supporters agree with you)

Their supporters can say what they like, but this performance (and others) are branded in my mind.

Back