Universal Love The 2014/15 Pre-season Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Where does everyone see Martin at?
Is he best 22 round 1?

Anyone know how Phil sees him compared with Sando?
He's one of the hardest for me to workout. Has a high workrate and isn't leaving anything to chance. Would prefer him as a depth player and keeping the people in the team on the edge.

Won't complain if he gets games though, as I think he will play a lot, as he does run hard and all day.

97 grand final on foxfooty tonight at 10 in case anyone doesnt have it on dvd

the Andrew McLeod master classes... with "how to defend" by Ben Hart and Brett James... and "what cream looks like" by Darren Jarman.
also starring Shane Ellen with "how to swing". Blighty... you bloody ripper!

the Andrew McLeod master classes... with "how to defend" by Ben Hart and Brett James... and "what cream looks like" by Darren Jarman.
also starring Shane Ellen with "how to swing". Blighty... you bloody ripper!

Also to give kudos to our opponents - the Robert Harvey, "how to still be an amazing player with a couple of broken ribs courtesy of a McLeod tackle"!

Baby Barry Hall playing too. I watched it again recently and forgot he was playing for them.

361024-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Is anyone else concerned that the ball has already passed Keenan?

*This is a (probably in poor taste) joke.

Also to give kudos to our opponents - the Robert Harvey, "how to still be an amazing player with a couple of broken ribs courtesy of a McLeod tackle"!

Baby Barry Hall playing too. I watched it again recently and forgot he was playing for them.
The had some serious stars in their team. As did NM in '98. We were very lucky considering our team was very 'workmanlike'.

The had some serious stars in their team. As did NM in '98. We were very lucky considering our team was very 'workmanlike'.

We had emerging stars though - Goodwin, Johnson, McLeod and Edwards all played in both games. Roo in 98, and add that with a little bit of cream in Rehn and Jarman. I think it is a case of the undervaluing of some of our players because they weren't in the fishbowl of Melbourne.

He's one of the hardest for me to workout. Has a high workrate and isn't leaving anything to chance. Would prefer him as a depth player and keeping the people in the team on the edge.

Won't complain if he gets games though, as I think he will play a lot, as he does run hard and all day.

Seems like the type Walsh will like, but I agree we'd be in a good position with him pressuring the other mids for a spot.
I think the way he finished last year he deserves a crack...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking back though we might not have had the brightest stars, but we certainly had a few of them.
Jarman, McLeod, Roo (98), Goodwin, Johnson, Edwards not to mention missing Modra for both of them.

Oh yeh definitely. Rehn only played one.
Those other guys were guns too, I was just alluding to the fact that a lot of our younger players then went on to become guns, even if they werent considered so in 97/98

Rehn played in both.

Came back early in 1997.

1997 prelim when Rehn took his bandage of at half time.

Just wondering why you guys are saying your glad you didnt get him when for the better part of the last year you were bouncing around saying he was coming back. Hardly a troll.
Yes some certainly were, but I think we were quite divided. I for one was another one who thought the trade cost would be too much for what he'd bring. I'd say our board was split 50/50.

Yes some certainly were, but I think we were quite divided. I for one was another one who thought the trade cost would be too much for what he'd bring. I'd say our board was split 50/50.
General Giant I think the above is mostly true ... but you can bet if we had lured him home a fair portion of the 50% would have swung around to "always wanted him back" just as a fair whack are now saying "he doesn't really fit" !!

Same would happen with any player from any club - if he left GWS you would have supporters screaming that they had lost a gun - and some screaming that it was about time coz he never lived up to expectations and now we can get player XXXX.

Watch the Dangerfield space for the same reactions.

Personally, I don't think Davis is a priority for us right now even though he is a very good player (Jake Lever fills that spot going forward) - and I think Dangerfield going will be judged on who we get in his stead. I want to keep him for sure, but will feel less pain if we use his $850k a year properly :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back