2015 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

we have a 3 year window, my boy is 2 and we live in Hawthorn. All his mates will probably be Hawks supporters. Unless we build a great team by the time he is 5, and regularly beat the Hawks, I fear he may be lost to Carlton and I will have to disown him.

It may call for tough love Broady.

we have a 3 year window, my boy is 2 and we live in Hawthorn. All his mates will probably be Hawks supporters. Unless we build a great team by the time he is 5, and regularly beat the Hawks, I fear he may be lost to Carlton and I will have to disown him.
That worked for me. I was told I wasn't allowed to live in the house if I went for anyone other than Carlton.

Reckon it could be his cruelest punishment yet!

It may call for tough love Broady.

He was a baby Blue member but unless Juddy is still kicking around in 3-4 years it's going to tough selling him on the Blues. I will do my best.

That worked for me. I was told I wasn't allowed to live in the house if I went for anyone other than Carlton.

I might need to buy a tent for him, he can live at the bottom of the garden.

He was a baby Blue member but unless Juddy is still kicking around in 3-4 years it's going to tough selling him on the Blues. I will do my best.

My 5yo loves Juddy as well but it has been a battle to keep on the navy blue path especially over here in WA where all his little mates are either eagles or dockers.

He does hate Essendon, makes me one proud dad.

My Mrs is a Pies supporter, bought her a Carlton 3 game membership on Tuesday....she has only spoken to me today haha.
One of my friends is a diehard Carlton supporter and his wife is Essendon. He's been buying a reserved seat Carlton membership for her for about 10 years now. She hates it :)

Anyone with FB/Twitter should put out a link to the membership website - a call to arms. Promote non-access m'ship for $50, 3-game $95 ... Get them through the door and then let them browse!

Great idea, wonder why the club didn't think of it

On field success is what we need, we expect it, fair weather supporters jump on and off

A few years ago, i was shopping around for a new energy supplier, one company was offering a Richmond membership for any new customers to switch....

Is this what we have to do? Pet memberships? A couple of hens in the yard I could sign up..
Anything you wanna tell us, Esky? Hmmmmmmmm.......?

I'd be interested in a breakdown of Foxtel ownership based on supported club. Perhaps more Carlton supporters have Foxtel and thus don't feel the need to go to the game?

Certainly much cheaper if you do. I think a lot of people are waiting to see what happens in Round 1 & 2 before they make a decision. If we finish bottom six this year I can tell you next years membership will be sitting at 20,000. (Bottom 4: Drug Cheats, Dogs, Saints and Dee's.)

At least with Foxtel, if the game is going down the toilet you can flick over and watch a movie.

Reckon it could be his cruelest punishment yet!

At one stage, my son was considering barracking for Collingwood. The next time we were at my fathers house, I told him of the plight we may find ourselves in.

My father called my son to his room where he was sitting behind his desk, glasses lowered down on his nose.

"So, I hear you haven't worked out who you are going to barrack for yet"

"Yes Pa, I'm thinking that it might be the Hawks or it might be the Pies".

My father quickly responded looking down his nose thru his half glasses like an old schoolmaster ..........

"well, you have to make a decision and that decision has to be made now, you can't change clubs all the time, you have to be loyal to just one club, now make your decision ......... but if it's Collingwood and not Carlton, you will have to change your surname and you won't have a bike"

He became a Bluebagger within minutes of that conversation !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For things to have become so bad that we need to call the AFL in for assistance is nothing short of embarrassing. What a shameful article to read.

Having said that, can anyone say they are genuinely surprised by this? I certainly can't.

This is what happens when problems present themselves but no real effort is made to try and turn things around. This is exactly what happens when you treat your existing members like garbage year after year, and don't make it attractive for prospective members to join.

For so long it has been crystal clear that a complete overhaul of the club is needed, and it is becoming urgent. Point to just about every single aspect of the club - from top to bottom - and we are lagging well behind of where we need to be. We are so far behind in some areas that it is actually quite scary.

Trigg has a massive job ahead of him and I hope he is not afraid to make the necessary changes because time looks to be running out. For so long those with power at the club have been afraid to make the hard calls and I can only hope that he is not.

Just don't get why you get all those blockbuster games. Sure haven't earned it.

We represent live and that is where the blockbusters stem from, not stay at home memberships.

We are just extremely fickle when it comes to membership numbers.

Our most productive drives are when we feel like the club truly needs us and we unite to get the job done. At the end of 2002 they needed us. $1m fine, draft penalties, cleaned out the board. We rallied and smashed our membership record. One in, all in, save the club.

We recorded a big loss last year and we know our membership has started heading in reverse but there is no incentive there for many. Footy is not compelling, can't sort out our issues, power brokers still ruling the place. We are not so much valued members of the club, as spectators who contribute to the revenue no questions asked.

Some membership issues just from my circle:

• I purchased a Baby Blue membership for my friend's baby. It was sent out in my name with my birthdate. When I called to get it fixed they made me feel like an idiot even though I had a copy of the form that I'd sent them and it was completed correctly.
  • A work colleague and 3 of his family members were told that in order to keep the seats that they've had for several years it would cost them (roughly) $200 more per year. The four of them decided not to renew instead.
  • Friend of mine who elected not to auto-renew because of issues in the past tried to rejoin last year in December but his calls went unanswered and un-returned for weeks. He's not renewing for this year.
  • I buy my dad a membership because he refuses to (perceived value for money is lacking, hates the powerbrokers, hates the pokies).
  • I purchased a membership the day they went on sale last year as a Christmas present for a girlfriend. She received it mid-January.
And so on and so on and so on...

If you buy a membership as an Xmas present, ok they can't get them out til january for what ever reason why not issue a voucher or like, something can give ther person

It ain't rocket science, its like we're in the 70's still

#gojezza

• I purchased a Baby Blue membership for my friend's baby. It was sent out in my name with my birthdate. When I called to get it fixed they made me feel like an idiot even though I had a copy of the form that I'd sent them and it was completed correctly.
  • A work colleague and 3 of his family members were told that in order to keep the seats that they've had for several years it would cost them (roughly) $200 more per year. The four of them decided not to renew instead.
  • Friend of mine who elected not to auto-renew because of issues in the past tried to rejoin last year in December but his calls went unanswered and un-returned for weeks. He's not renewing for this year.
  • I buy my dad a membership because he refuses to (perceived value for money is lacking, hates the powerbrokers, hates the pokies).
  • I purchased a membership the day they went on sale last year as a Christmas present for a girlfriend. She received it mid-January.

Reading that list of major boo-boos makes us look like the Keystone Cops !!

I had a similar experience with a Baby Blue membership. I bought one for my new grandson, it came in my name. I called weeks ago to get it fixed. Still waiting.
I waited 4 months to have seats allocated for this season. I rang many times and sent emails which were not answered. Finally it got sorted but I, and my friends, were really peeved off.
It really is pathetic and a sad reflection of where our once mighty club is right now.

I don't know how to go about it but maybe the mods of BF and TC can put something together on behalf of all Carlton supporters to say: No More.

How many years of the same issues with the same membership people?
Work overtime to get things sorted.....yes....******* overtime......just do it or get out.

I always provide feedback as well. I had an issue with my Rebels membership last year and emailed them--they'd written back by the next day with an apology and explanation. They have probably a third of the resources Carlton has. Carlton only ever sends out a template email.

Now I'm getting angry. Where's my microwave?!?!?

Just jokes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back