2015 NAB Challenge - Carlton v Geelong, Docklands, 4.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The massive difference there is the gun midfields and other stars those sides have. Carlton are absolutely nowhere near that level. Judd is on the home stretch, murphy isn't the player he once was, Gibbs is good but not great. There's a lot riding on menzel and cripps because aside from them it isn't looking great for the future.

Meanwhile you are lauding 4 goal performances against the spooners as a reason Henderson is adequate.

The massive difference there is the gun midfields and other stars those sides have. Carlton are absolutely nowhere near that level. Judd is on the home stretch, murphy isn't the player he once was, Gibbs is good but not great. There's a lot riding on menzel and cripps because aside from them it isn't looking great for the future.

Meanwhile you are lauding 4 goal performances against the spooners as a reason Henderson is adequate.
Since you clearly didn't watch the game, I'll show you how wrong you are.

Murphy: 24 Disposals (15 Contested), 4 Marks, 5 Clearances from 63% game time.
Judd: 18 Disposals (11 Contested), 2 Marks, 6 Clearances from 57% game time.
Carrazzo: 22 Disposals (10 Contested), 7 Tackles, 6 Clearances.
Thomas: 18 Disposals (5 Contested), 4 Marks, from 70% game time.

Last year these four players had injury interrupted preseasons, the difference this year is that Carlton actually have a fit midfield for the first time in years. It could be my bias but to me it's quite obvious where the improvement will come from.

As for Gibbs, gun! Really stepped up last year and has just about reached elite status if not already.

Carlton's youth- Cripps, Menzel, Docherty, Bell, Jaksch, Yarran look really promising and have all shown good things this preseason.

Last edited:
Since you clearly didn't watch the game, I'll show you how wrong you are.

Murphy: 24 Disposals (15 Contested), 4 Marks, 5 Clearances from 63% game time.
Judd: 18 Disposals (11 Contested), 2 Marks, 6 Clearances from 57% game time.
Carrazzo: 22 Disposals (10 Contested), 7 Tackles, 6 Clearances.
Thomas: 18 Disposals (5 Contested), 4 Marks, from 70% game time.

Last year these four players had injury interrupted preseasons, the difference this year is that Carlton actually have a fit midfield for the first time in years. It could be my bias but to me it's quite obvious where the improvement will come from.

As for Gibbs, gun! Really stepped up last year and has just about reached elite status if not already.

Carlton's youth- Cripps, Menzel, Docherty, Bell, Jaksch, Yarran look really promising and have all shown good things this preseason.

Cool. Everything's rosy at Carlton then. Did laugh at you using Yarran as "youth". He was drafted in 2008.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back