Wimmera League 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Please, Fill us in.
Word is , Farr and Clugston have been told to move on , Tom Magee more than likely to play at n/q or kalkee , by the sounds of things it was an ordinary trip , not willing to indulge to much , as the story's I've heard will more than likely be takin further

Word is , Farr and Clugston have been told to move on , Tom Magee more than likely to play at n/q or kalkee , by the sounds of things it was an ordinary trip , not willing to indulge to much , as the story's I've heard will more than likely be takin further

Heard Farr Clugston and Magee were all involved in Sundays praccy match against kalkee.
A undermanned Dimboola gave a almost full strength kees a fair old touch up by all reports!

I seen kyle hendy has lodged a clearance too play with stawell this year. Hasn't played a great deal of football as of late but if he does happen to get out on the park he would would be a massive asset to the warriors. He would probably edge out kirean delahunty as the leagues best ruckman. That will be a great battle between those 2

I seen kyle hendy has lodged a clearance too play with stawell this year. Hasn't played a great deal of football as of late but if he does happen to get out on the park he would would be a massive asset to the warriors. He would probably edge out kirean delahunty as the leagues best ruckman. That will be a great battle between those 2

Yep I agree Kyle Hendy is a beauty. Will be best tap ruckman in comp. Delahunty better up forward than Hendy but the two are miles ahead of thier ruck rivals. Who are the other best players in the comp?

I reckon Pekin from demons is due for a toohey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard from a number of people lakers rolled demons now.

And Dimboola smashed a full outfit kaniva.
So we might not right them off just yet!

jason weir doing his usual and cleaned up a couple demons youngsters.

Heard from a number of people lakers rolled demons now.

And Dimboola smashed a full outfit kaniva.
So we might not right them off just yet!

jason weir doing his usual and cleaned up a couple demons youngsters.

The apology in the Wimmera Mail Times today was nothing short of bizarre. Who are they apologising to and what are they are apologising for? Was there a fire? Was a woman assaulted? There are several men currently playing at Dimboola, who, are wanting the club to tell us that they had no part play in the incident......or perhaps they should tell us themselves?

The timid reporting from our local papers is a worrying sign.

The apology in the Wimmera Mail Times today was nothing short of bizarre. Who are they apologising to and what are they are apologising for? Was there a fire? Was a woman assaulted? There are several men currently playing at Dimboola, who, are wanting the club to tell us that they had no part play in the incident......or perhaps they should tell us themselves?

Seems very strange

Can anyone fill me in on whats going on ? Is there a link to this story you are talking about ?

I agree. Wouldn't have been like that back in your day Fancy. I was surprised the story was not picked up by the Mailtimes when it was first mentioned on here by PP. Then for the Mailtimes to simply reproduce what appears to be a media release from Dimboola FC without any further investigation or explanation of the incident is very poor.

I agree. Wouldn't have been like that back in your day Fancy. I was surprised the story was not picked up by the Mailtimes when it was first mentioned on here by PP. Then for the Mailtimes to simply reproduce what appears to be a media release from Dimboola FC without any further investigation or explanation of the incident is very poor.

Investigative journalism in sport from our local papers??? Are you kidding me?? sadly this has been dead for a decade imo and we are left with forums such as this with a slant to exaggeration and rumour or from the papers - regurgitation of results we have already got online or clubs official statements.

Sadly I can only see this getting worse with current decreases in funding. Pretty sure the journo's hands have been tied but if they want to sell papers it is clear there is a market for following up stories such as this one.

Has been so many other interesting stories left untold - many alluded to on this forum. Such as my usual gripe- the umpires! Everyone aware that clubs are forking out once again for umpires to travel from Ballarat?? Does the extra cost result in that much of an increase in quality?? Sadly whilst two WFL board members are WFL umpires , they are a law unto themselves.

Investigative journalism in sport from our local papers??? Are you kidding me?? sadly this has been dead for a decade imo and we are left with forums such as this with a slant to exaggeration and rumour or from the papers - regurgitation of results we have already got online or clubs official statements.

Sadly I can only see this getting worse with current decreases in funding. Pretty sure the journo's hands have been tied but if they want to sell papers it is clear there is a market for following up stories such as this one.

Has been so many other interesting stories left untold - many alluded to on this forum. Such as my usual gripe- the umpires! Everyone aware that clubs are forking out once again for umpires to travel from Ballarat?? Does the extra cost result in that much of an increase in quality?? Sadly whilst two WFL board members are WFL umpires , they are a law unto themselves.
Can't believe the other umpires group was kicked out just because they wanted to remain independent from the Wimmera league board and not be dictated by them.

I thought any Board member was prohibited from accepting payment from the league. Is it not stated somehwere that Board members must be volunteers? I reckon if board members are getting paid by the WFL to be umpires for the WFL there is a clear conflict of interest. There should be only one independent umpire group for the area to umpire each league administered by the AFL Wimmera Mallee Commision. This is one thing that the new commision needs to ensure happens ASAP.

I thought any Board member was prohibited from accepting payment from the league. Is it not stated somehwere that Board members must be volunteers? I reckon if board members are getting paid by the WFL to be umpires for the WFL there is a clear conflict of interest. There should be only one independent umpire group for the area to umpire each league administered by the AFL Wimmera Mallee Commision. This is one thing that the new commision needs to ensure happens ASAP.

Ash Clugston clearance has gone in to leave Dimmy. Pencil the Roos in for bottom 2 this year now.

10 senior players all left, with talk more to follow.

Wheels have fallen off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back