Wimmera League 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Think you might be a bit rattled. And not quite telling the truth. Footage came from independent person who by the way made you take it off your Facebook page as well because of copy right. So don't think saints gave you footage. I think your right that Adams might go . But for a bump like that to miss a grand final and after all the bitching Horsham did over Nicks case. Double standards. Nice to think the Dees would be better than that. Even Nelson reckons it s**t. But is happy to do what it takes to give them a chance. How do I know. I'm one of you. But don't agree with club stand.

Chances are he won't miss the grand final anyway if they find he has a case to answer. The league have 21 days to investigate and they already have a few in the pipeline, so this one will be at the bottom of the list. It's not about missing the grand final, it's about making people accountable for their actions.

Think you might be a bit rattled. And not quite telling the truth. Footage came from independent person who by the way made you take it off your Facebook page as well because of copy right. So don't think saints gave you footage. I think your right that Adams might go . But for a bump like that to miss a grand final and after all the bitching Horsham did over Nicks case. Double standards. Nice to think the Dees would be better than that. Even Nelson reckons it s**t. But is happy to do what it takes to give them a chance. How do I know. I'm one of you. But don't agree with club stand.

Not sure what you are on but order me a 1/2 kilo! Can I assure you, what a load of crap! So far of the money it's not funny. What ever your source, sack them.

Adams gets 1 week for knocking a bloke out 10 metres off the play! After the comments about Pekin getting 2 weeks for late contact I am sure there will be much outcry on here about Adams light penalty. Assuming those that made comments about Pekin are credible persons and consistent in their judgement!

Adams gets 1 week for knocking a bloke out 10 metres off the play! After the comments about Pekin getting 2 weeks for late contact I am sure there will be much outcry on here about Adams light penalty. Assuming those that made comments about Pekin are credible persons and consistent in their judgement!
You really don't get it do you. HFC would eat its own young to get success .no injury and not reported yet Dees play the victim just to get the upper hand . You might put another cup on shelf . But it's the way you do it counts. HFC leaders and some supporters really need to take a look at themselves. i say some because in every club there's good and bad . But to stoop to that level and your the one posting it on social media and crying poor us. No class from you and HFC. As a long time supporter of the Dees I hope the Saints have a win on Saturday. At least they have done it the Right way. By the way . Light penalty. My god he's missing a grand final. F-wit.

This is all pretty laughable really... here's the facts. You choose to bump, you make head high contact you get rubbed out. In Nicks case, regardless of whether the guy hit his head on the ground or nicks shoulder he got knocked out. In Dennis's (tongue twister) it was off the play and reckless and some would argue unnecessary; he was lucky Beau wasn't knocked completely out otherwise 4 weeks at least. And one would assume the umpire did not see it because by the rule book it's an offence that's meant to be reported, if the umpire did see it then he's clearly not up to standard. You're all on here bitching and moaning about who gave the footage to who, who's the lower club blah blah blah but you're forgetting the most important part, head high contact is simply not on and we should be setting an example to our juniors that it must be stamped out of the game. Both players were stupid in their choice to bump, simple as that. Horsham has every right to have the incident investigated regardless of what kind of injury Beau sustained.
P.s. if it's true that the saints crowd were cheering and spitting (yes that's the rumour) at Beau and the trainer as he was helped off the field, well I think that's the most despicable part of this whole thing!

This is all pretty laughable really... here's the facts. You choose to bump, you make head high contact you get rubbed out. In Nicks case, regardless of whether the guy hit his head on the ground or nicks shoulder he got knocked out. In Dennis's (tongue twister) it was off the play and reckless and some would argue unnecessary; he was lucky Beau wasn't knocked completely out otherwise 4 weeks at least. And one would assume the umpire did not see it because by the rule book it's an offence that's meant to be reported, if the umpire did see it then he's clearly not up to standard. You're all on here bitching and moaning about who gave the footage to who, who's the lower club blah blah blah but you're forgetting the most important part, head high contact is simply not on and we should be setting an example to our juniors that it must be stamped out of the game. Both players were stupid in their choice to bump, simple as that. Horsham has every right to have the incident investigated regardless of what kind of injury Beau sustained.
P.s. if it's true that the saints crowd were cheering and spitting (yes that's the rumour) at Beau and the trainer as he was helped off the field, well I think that's the most despicable part of this whole thing!
Couldn't have said it better myself! Everything you said was 100%. Apparently they are videoing all games next year and will be reviewed each week. That should make everyone more accountable. No one wants to see anyone hurt (or shouldn't) and should stop all this speculation. At the end of the day if you have done something wrong you have to take the consequences. Football is all about accountability, actually life is about accountability.

How about change the subject? its been going on and on! Lets talk about the grand final for this week. Who do you think is going to win? How much by? Time to preview this match! Wouldn't it be nice to see the Saints win their first flag? I hope they don't choke this time. On paper, this match will be tight.

You really don't get it do you. HFC would eat its own young to get success .no injury and not reported yet Dees play the victim just to get the upper hand . You might put another cup on shelf . But it's the way you do it counts. HFC leaders and some supporters really need to take a look at themselves. i say some because in every club there's good and bad . But to stoop to that level and your the one posting it on social media and crying poor us. No class from you and HFC. As a long time supporter of the Dees I hope the Saints have a win on Saturday. At least they have done it the Right way. By the way . Light penalty. My god he's missing a grand final. F-wit.

I do not know any club who would not do whatever it takes to win a flag! Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser. Concussion not an injury? When it comes to clubs, Saints are the last ones to be able to take the high ground. i seem to remember a case a few years back as well as a game when a player was left off the team sheet and they rang the league to try and have player removed from the ground!! Saints do it the right way? your last word may need to be mirrored back at you.

What a joke.

Too many cheap shots already in this league, and they decide to let a bloke off on an obvious one, and one that is caught on camera.

Would be interested to know how the appeals tribunal came to their decision.

From what I saw of the video, he changes direction, deliberate bump, 10m off the ball, in the head.

How it isn't a week is beyond me, but the standard has been set to start picking blokes off behind the play...

Bloody hope that is not the case. It's beyond me too, how that was overturned. The video told the story. Just hope today is just a good clean, skilful game of footy and there is no incidents like that otherwise all hell will break loose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Would Rather See Horsham win another flag then let Adams be apart of one after all this. such a disgusting call by the league to reverse his suspension, Adams has done these things all the time through out his footy days. and i think missing a grand final would have been a fitting catch up. if you cant be good enough to play WFL seniors, you should not substitute your ability to be the team thug. no doubt his role will be to go out there today and hit the young guys and rough them up. Joke. Hope demons win by 20p, Luke Carr Binns medal.

Great footy story today with the Horsham Saints finally won a flag in the Wimmera league, after so many heartbreaks. In other comps other maiden premierships saw Lismore/Derrin in the Mininera league, and Darley in the Ballarat league. It's great for the game, seeing teams win their first flags in each of the comps that they are in.

It is great to see the Demons win in the mininera. Always good to see a team with highly paid players from Arart get done. Also good to see a side that has never been rated by mininera folk get up and beat them.

Bloody hope that is not the case. It's beyond me too, how that was overturned. The video told the story. Just hope today is just a good clean, skilful game of footy and there is no incidents like that otherwise all hell will break loose.
Talking to saints team that went through appeal . It's not WFL that overturn it . VIC country get 3 QC.Legal guys to study only facts. With hi tech close up footage. It showed no head high contact . Bump to chest which made Nelson to drop his head. Did not leave the ground . Plus WFL had stuffed up statements. So for all the so called gurus that had him guilty maybe you got wrong. Maybe league need to look at Late hit on Rees. Cheek bone Broken in 4 places . Proberly saints fault to..

BELMONT LIONS FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE GDFL (GEELONG) ARE LOOKING FOR A PLAYING OR NON PLAYING COACH FOR 2016 SEASON,WILL BE ADVERTISED IN GEELONG ADVERTISER 10/10

THE 2016 Wimmera Football League draw has been released.

It features three night games, and there will be a Sunday game played prior to Anzac Day with Horsham Demons facing Horsham Saints on April 24.

Pink Ribbon Day will be observed in round six, and White Ribbon round is being played in round seven.

Indigenous round is scheduled for round nine. There are also two full byes in season 2016.

The opening round sees Horsham Saints take on Horsham Demons in a grand final rematch, while the first night match between Minyip-Murtoa and Horsham Saints will be held at Murtoa.

Round 1 - April 2

Stawell Warriors v Dimboola Roos

Horsham Demons v Ararat Rats

Minyip-Murtoa Burras v Horsham Saints (n)(Mur)

Warrack Eagles v Nhill Tigers

Round 2 - April 9

Dimboola Roos v Horsham Demons

Ararat Rats v Minyip-Murtoa Burras

Horsham Saints v Nhill Tigers

Stawell Warriors v Warrack Eagles

Round 3 - April 16

Minyip-Murtoa Burras v Dimboola Roos

Nhill Tigers v Ararat Rats

Warrack Eagles v Horsham Saints

Horsham Demons v Stawell Warriors

Round 4 - April 23

Dimboola Roos v Warrack Eagles

Stawell Warriors v Ararat Rats

Nhill Tigers v Minyip-Murtoa Burras

Sunday - April 24

Horsham Demons v Horsham Saints

Round 5 - April 30

Dimboola Roos v Nhill Tigers

Ararat Rats v Horsham Saints

Horsham Demons v Warrack Eagles (n)

Stawell Warriors v Minyip-Murtoa Burras

Round 6 – May 7 (Pink Ribbon Day)

Horsham Saints v Dimboola Roos

Warrack Eagles v Ararat Rats

Nhill Tigers v Stawell Warriors

Minyip-Murtoa Burras v Horsham Demons (Mur)

Round 7 – May 14 (White Ribbon round)

Dimboola Roos v Ararat Rats

Stawell Warriors v Horsham Saints

Horsham Demons v Nhill Tigers

Warrack Eagles v Minyip-Murtoa Burras

Interleague – May 21 (WFL v Sunraysia)

Round 8 – May 28

Dimboola Roos v Stawell Warriors

Ararat Rats v Horsham Demons

Horsham Saints v Minyip-Murtoa Burras

Nhill Tigers v Warrack Eagles

Round 9 – June 4 (Indigenous round)

Horsham Demons v Dimboola Roos

Minyip-Murtoa Burras v Ararat Rats (Mur)

Nhill Tigers v Horsham Saints

Warrack Eagles v Stawell Warriors

Full bye – June 11

Round 10 – June 18

Dimboola Roos v Minyip-Murtoa Burras

Ararat Rats v Nhill Tigers

Horsham Saints v Warrack Eagles

Stawell Warriors v Horsham Demons

Round 11 – June 25

Warrack Eagles v Dimboola Roos

Ararat Rats v Stawell Warriors

Minyip-Murtoa Burras v Nhill Tigers

Sunday – June 26

Horsham Saints v Horsham Demons

TAC Cup: North Ballarat Rebels v Jets, Central Park, Stawell

Round 12 – July 2

Nhill Tigers v Dimboola Roos

Horsham Saints v Ararat Rats

Warrack Eagles v Horsham Demons (Brim)

Minyip-Murtoa Burras v Stawell Warriors (Mur)

Full bye – July 9

Round 13 – July 16

Dimboola Roos v Horsham Saints

Ararat Rats v Warrack Eagles

Stawell Warriors v Nhill Tigers

Horsham Demons v Minyip-Murtoa Burras

Round 14 – July 23

Ararat Rats v Dimboola Roos

Horsham Saints v Stawell Warriors

Nhill Tigers v Horsham Demons

Minyip-Murtoa Burras v Warrack Eagles

Round 15 – July 30

Horsham Demons v Horsham Saints

Minyip-Murtoa Burras v Ararat Rats (Min)

Stawell Warriors v Dimboola Roos

Warrack Eagles v Nhill Tigers (Brim)

Round 16 – August 6

Horsham Saints v Minyip-Murtoa Burras

Ararat Rats v Horsham Demons

Dimboola Roos v Warrack Eagles

Nhill Tigers v Stawell Warriors

Qualifying final – August 13

Elimination final – August 14

Second semi-final – August 20

First semi-final – August 21

Preliminary final – August 27

Grand final – September 3

Seems fair enough. I don't mind the earlier start/earlier finish and their logic behind it (no AFL and no other footy in the area that Saturday).

Wimmera Football League Umpire Group and Wimmera Football Umpires Association to merge for the 2016 season and be known as Wimmera Mallee Umpires and to be accountable directly to the AFL Wimmera Mallee Commission. Finally some common sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back