Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
399378038_ed2986e3e5.jpg

Would the real Kevin Sheedy, please stand up?

Age does not stop kids from being your kids. Suspensions will put a lot of pressure on the new draftees (undeservedly) and those kids who arrived when the program was running. If my boy was drafted at 17/18 to the Bombers, right now, I would want to know what is going on (and demand a trade to Hawthorn of course). Often its the parents who end up picking up the pieces. This is actually (and finally) a responsible and positive thing.

Agree on the front that they are athletes and are responsible for what they take as well however.
Problem is, they aren't doing it to help the players
They are doing it knowing a few parents will let slip the details, and again, make that club seem helpless and innocent

Date and time set for verdict to be delivered from Etihad Stadium. Bulldogs Pres. indicating most likely outcome players are cleared. Players to watch via live feed.

It is improper for the AFL to continually post propo pieces which hint at an outcome. I am as sick of their management of the issue as i am the saga itself.

How would Gordon know anything? Why is a club president speculating? Why is that president hinting at other agendas? Gordon's only role should be to say 'it is on tuesday. Here's the time and place. We look forward to a resolution.'

Bombers call in parents again over ASADA case
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-27/dons-call-in-parents

Is anyone else getting sick of this (underlined) aspect? These are not children.
"Please don't sue us. We don't like Workcover, they're mean to us. We're such innocent victims here so please don't sue us. We didn't do anything wrong. We need to rally behind our great leader, Sir James, and go after the AFL for trying have our lord and saviour nailed to the cross. We already ousted Judas (David Evans) before he could do any harm to the great man."

Date and time set for verdict to be delivered from Etihad Stadium. Bulldogs Pres. indicating most likely outcome players are cleared. Players to watch via live feed.
"I think it's as likely as not, indeed possibly the most likely outcome that the case is not proven against the players."

I think it's as likely as not, indeed possibly the most likely outcome that he's offering an opinion only. And a nothing opinion at that.

He doesn't know the outcome and as he's hoping for the sake of the two players involved at the Dogs that they're cleared, i wouldn't put any more stock in this nothing statement than anything coming out of Essendon.

"I think it's as likely as not, indeed possibly the most likely outcome that the case is not proven against the players."

I think it's as likely as not, indeed possibly the most likely outcome that he's offering an opinion only. And a nothing opinion at that.

He doesn't know the outcome and as he's hoping for the sake of the two players involved at the Dogs that they're cleared, i wouldn't put any more stock in this nothing statement than anything coming out of Essendon.

Was not putting any stock in it.......as someone else posted just an odd thing for an opposition President to say. The bulldogs will hurt if they lose Crameri though.

Was not putting any stock in it.......as someone else posted just an odd thing for an opposition President to say. The bulldogs will hurt if they lose Crameri though.
The way things work around here other posters are going to read your summary and take it as fact that he knows the result and the players are going to be cleared!

It's probably only odd out of context. He was probably asked if he was confident Crameri would line up Round 1 and that was his reply. The typical "we're confident it will be business as usual" line designed to avoid speculation on the bad outcome.

The way things work around here other posters are going to read your summary and take it as fact that he knows the result and the players are going to be cleared!

It's probably only odd out of context. He was probably asked if he was confident Crameri would line up Round 1 and that was his reply. The typical "we're confident it will be business as usual" line designed to avoid speculation on the bad outcome.

Maybe I was being sensationalist :thumbsu:

I am completely flabbergasted that they will get off scot free.
That's as naive as they come.

The AFL and their tribunal have no say on the FINAL outcome of this. There is an international umpire that outranks the AFL quite significantly, and unlike the AFL, they have no bias and no hidden agenda and no need to keep certain people's indiscretions hidden.

That's as naive as they come.

The AFL and their tribunal have no say on the FINAL outcome of this. There is an international umpire that outranks the AFL quite significantly, and unlike the AFL, they have no bias and no hidden agenda and no need to keep certain people's indiscretions hidden.

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL are releasing the outcome hours after the players are told, for privacy reasons.

If they are innocent, what's the hold up?

What privacy reasons? They will be named and shamed regardless. This is about controlling the message (again).
No, they won't be named, as there's a 21 day appeal period.

No, they won't be named, as there's a 21 day appeal period.
The AFL's not exactly a model of transparency and good governance and yet I am still surprised and disappointed that the players involved will still not be named even while serving provisional suspensions having been found guilty and considering appeal. Shame on me I guess :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back