Not open for further replies.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Below are current AFL player ratings that are used to formulate predictions for the AFL Power Rankings.

When players are out through suspensions or injury, we subtract their value and add new included players value to the predicted margin.

For example, if Mitch Hallahan had to come in for Gary Ablett Jnr, Ablett who is currently worth 11.72 points to his team, minus 11.72 and add Hallahan who is worth 5.23 points, which means the Gold Coast Suns would be 6.49 points worse off without Gazza.

The list below is a list of the top 100 most valuable players in relation to their respective teams. That doesn't necessarily mean they are the 100 best players in the AFL but it calculates who the top 10 MVPs are.

Four main factors are used for this calculation:

• Class Category (divided into six categories which attributes the level of ability of each player)
  • Performance -/+ based on how their team performs when playing or when they're out
  • Champion Data Statistical Weighting
  • Structural/Role importance (and in order of importance from let to right: Key Position player, Key player, Positional player or just a Role player)

v5HROkX.gif

Shouldn't be long until a Fremantle supporter loses it.

Over what? Do people still get angry at Roby's rankings?

After Ablett at one the rest of the list appears entirely randomised, it's fascinating.

Beau Waters at 72. Retired and hasn't played a game in almost 2 years.

Lol'd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over what? Do people still get angry at Roby's rankings?

After Ablett at one the rest of the list appears entirely randomised, it's fascinating.

Lol'd.

Maric > Natanui > Sandilands

Yea ok I'll be the silly that bites first.

Ports first entrant at #39 then there's 5 more(excluding Ryder), yet there's no Trengove.

Nope.

Edit just realised Eric Mackenzie isn't in there until #89 and I can't see Talia, so it's just another Champion data style ignore the defenders based list and not MVP. I am let down Roby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back