Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...pplement-program/story-fni5f6kv-1227281669383

Dead set campaign against Danky now.

I think we are looking at a guilty verdict and they are just going to blame Dank and wash their hands of it.

I know this article is a few days old now but after re-reading it this part stands out to me . . .

In October 2011, Robinson texted Dank about a substance that is explicitly banned for use by athletes, a bodybuilding peptide called CJC-1295.

“Can we just call them amino acids? Or something of the kind?” Robinson wrote.

Dank replied: “Yes, that is all they are, an amino acid blend … Leave peptides out.”

Some players, and even Hird himself, recall being told they were receiving simple “amino acids”.

It reminded me of the exchange between Charters and Dank ...

(AFL charge sheet)
14. On 11 January 2012, Charter forwarded a text message to Dank stating:
Which peptides do you need (compounded) next?
15. In his reply Dank requested “Thymosin Beta 4 and “CJC-1295”

Black Ops indeed!Drug cheats and they know it!

Thymosin beta 4 not on WADA banned list: Stephen Dank

Ahead of Tuesday's verdict by the AFL anti-doping tribunal, Stephen Dank, the architect of the Bombers' 2012 supplements program, maintains the players were given nothing wrong and said the banned drug thymosin beta 4 (TB4) was not on the World Anti-Doping Agency's list of banned drugs

"There was no substance labelled unfit for human use so anyone that tries to bandy that comment around apart from the fact the comment is totally false, we are now starting to accrue our legal case against people that have suggested as such. Under no circumstances was anything ever injected or given to a player which was unfit for human consumption," Dank told ABC News Radio on Sunday.

EssADA* believe they have done nothing wrong because they chose to believe Dank, who created his own rules to live by. They may have a case if St Jimmy had absolutely no knowledge of what went on and had ensured they were operating within the rules.

Given St Jimmy openly asked Dank to push the envelope, ignored advice from the club doctor and others when things looked dodgy, and declined to spend any time or effort to ensure the players welfare was at the forefront of decisions made, he cannot now claim he has no responsibility for what went on.

Dank will throw EssADA* under the bus because like a lot of borderline psychopaths, he believes he is above the law and smarter than those mere mortals who make the laws that limit how far smart people are allowed to experiment with humans. Dank believes he found a loophole in the ASADA code and probably would prefer to argue he is right than hide evidence or pretend he didn't use banned substances, especially if he wants to continue in his current line of work.

Both Dank and EssADA* cannot get away free, the fact that ASADA hasn't bothered to chase Dank leads me to believe they don't need him to help nail the players.

Bans are coming.

Mark Thompson says Essendon players will fight to prevent doping stain

An anti-doping suspension would be a stain Essendon players would carry "for life", but their former coach Mark Thompson expects the 34 past and present Bombers facing accusations they took a banned substance to avoid lengthy suspensions.

Thompson fears a "farcical" start to the home-and-away season should a large group of present Bombers players be suspended by the AFL anti-doping tribunal, and the club forced to compete with teams similar to those fielded during the NAB Challenge.

PR gone crazy... hardcore delusion.

They're drug cheats Bomber... period.

He goes on to say...

"I think if they feel like they're innocent and done nothing wrong, and the evidence is not conclusive, then I think you'll find that the players won't take one for the team.

Seriously... some days I feel like I'm the King of the World...

Doesn't make it so.

Who the **** is Hal Hunter. :straining:

I went to the same school as Hal, my brothers good mates with his younger brother. Was a couple of years ahead of me and was drafted to Essendon on the rookie list and was delisted at the end of 2013 without playing any senior games.

For those of you fascinated by all of this I highly recommend you listen to ABC News Radio's show The Ticket with Tracy Holmes. It features interviews with former ASADA CEO Richard Ings, Bruce Francis and even Steven Dank himself. You can listen to the Podcast by following this link Tracey Holmes presents The Ticket, a weekly sports panel program for sports enthusiasts who can talk about more than just the score card and injury sheet. You can also download the poddy from iTunes free of charge.

It goes all the way back to the initial intel gathered by the Australian Crime Commission, how ASADA had to try find evidence to make the intel "fact", the AFL & Essendon's handling of the case, etc. It's a fairly objective look at the fiasco and a "must listen" that runs for approx an hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those of you fascinated by all of this I highly recommend you listen to ABC News Radio's show The Ticket with Tracy Holmes. It features interviews with former ASADA CEO Richard Ings, Bruce Francis and even Steven Dank himself. You can listen to the Podcast by following this link Tracey Holmes presents The Ticket, a weekly sports panel program for sports enthusiasts who can talk about more than just the score card and injury sheet. You can also download the poddy from iTunes free of charge.

It goes all the way back to the initial intel gathered by the Australian Crime Commission, how ASADA had to try find evidence to make the intel "fact", the AFL & Essendon's handling of the case, etc. It's a fairly objective look at the fiasco and a "must listen" that runs for approx an hour.
http://www.abc.net.au/newsradio/programs/theticket/

That's how I read it.

Hard to believe the tribunal can come back with "There's not enough evidence" after that statement...
Yeah. He has been keeping his powder dry in full knowledge they the day would come when he would be scapegoated. Note that EFC has never named him as the man to blame. They know he has them over a barrel becAuse of course it was all documented. The myth of no records has been their only chance of getting the players off through insufficient evidence but it is literally nonsense. So it is the AFL that is setting him up on behalf of the EFC, in its own interests of course.

Dank has already fired a shot across their bows, that salvo hit home. He has called tham all liars again, and now boldly admitted that the players got TB4, but arguing that it has been incorrectly interpreted as an S2 substance.

With hunter demanding the documents that dank says exist but EFC says doesn't, we have a perfect storm forming. ASADA have been quiet, not leaking, but saying they will reveal all when it is over.

Could be a hell of a finale. Unfortunately it will no be on Tuesday.

Holmes has been pro Essendon, Francis is a basket case and Ings has hardly covered himself in glory. All three very anti ASADA...how were they in the show you mentioned?

Ings was actually reasonably informative. Stated how ACC is able to provide great intel, but they don't supply any evidence...and that is up to ASADA find, investigate and build a case to make the charges stick. He points out that a doping case on this scale in sport in basically unprecedented and they weren't equipped to handle 34+ cases all at once, even if they were related. Dank claims that all Essendon officials knew exactly what the program involved and what substances were to be used. I think he refuses to cooperate with clearing the players unless it is in a court where all parties are under oath, because he reckons Essendon & the AFL threw him under the bus. Just as Dank was getting pretty interesting they closed the interview...wtf??? Francis was neither here nor there...just irrelevant waffle.

Objective?

LOL!

In there we have Chip saying the same bullshit, that "ASADA don't have the evidence", even though he doesn't really know what they have (financial records, player testimony, etc) and the host butting in and trying to exonerate Hird about responsibility. Good thing Fatprick Smith mentioned the texts between Hird and Dank!

Francis and Dank? The less said of them the better.

It is a bit like Christmas Eve, one more sleep to go!

I bet St Jimmy will be shocked when he gets his present!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back