Teams Post your 2015 RDT team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
aAmPe2e.jpg

Thoughts?

aAmPe2e.jpg

Thoughts?
Too much money on the pine, you might as well use it on an expensive ruck rookie who might play half a dozen games like Phillips, Naismith or Cordy. No point benching Newton for 232k and Salem at 192k, downgrade both if you're not going to use them on field and upgrade elsewhere, Hogan/Lamb in for example with Salem/Honeychurch. I like Honeychurch but not at that price, just think his JS is not great long term, short term yeah. Solid mids, solid forwards, mid pricers down back hopefully Lumumba is a keeper for you, I'm backing KK in for a 80-85 avg he's my D4 also but I have Goodes at D5 and Saad/Oxley at D6, hoping Kamdyn McIntosh gets a run also.

With your team, forward planning is vital, work out how many you see as being keepers and who will need to be upgraded if poor form occurs. I say you need to back in 13-15 long term that you need to start with, looks to me you have about that assuming Bonti, 1 of the rucks, Lumumba and KK are keepers that could develop into F7s/R3s/D7s etc once you upgrade.

Remember double emergencies is not a good plan, you get the lowest score available there if both play and one of your starting mids don't play.

Lambert not being named has meant that I've decided to downgrade Lewis to Danger (as my M3), Naismith to Cox and then upgraded Lambert to Bellchambers (who can cover in the rucks as needed, with good bench cover in the forwardline). I really liked Lewis as the M3, but the non selection of Lambert and the Bombers getting off has leaned me towards Bellchambers. In terms of net points, I don't think I lose anything.

Surprised not many have Jack Steven, severely underpriced for a guy that is likely to average 100+, or very close to it. Injuries killed his season last year, there is no way he is a sub 500k player.

I had him in for a while, but just feel he'll get a heavy tag and will have very little support around him.

He is under-priced, but I prefer others around or just above his price.

What am I missing with Deledio? I see no love for him and lots of love for Gray.

Last year everyone would agree Gray had an amazing year. Deledio had some injury niggles and played a lot forward. Yet Deledio still averaged (ever so slightly) more than Gray.

my final squad
B - Hodge, Simpson, Kelly, Newnes, Lumumba, McIntosh, [Oxley, Saad]
M - Ablett(c), Pendlebury, Beams, Griffen, Rich, Cripps, Anderson, Heeney, [Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Miller]
R - Leuenberger, Bellchambers, [Downie]
F - Bartel, Martin, Goddard, Swan, Bontempelli, Clark, [Hogan, Lonie]

my final squad
M - Ablett(c), Pendlebury, Beams, Griffen, Rich, Cripps, Anderson, Heeney, [Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Miller]

Nice team mate! Can't really fault it!

Good luck this year!

Surprised not many have Jack Steven, severely underpriced for a guy that is likely to average 100+, or very close to it. Injuries killed his season last year, there is no way he is a sub 500k player.
Will average 95-100 but be prepared for some pain some weeks, Griffen and Swallow should be more consistent

my final squad
Very strong down back and up forward, hope you're not sacrificing midfield points for depth elsewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this is what should be my final team, would love to know some thoughts and just a check over to make sure I haven't done anything to crazy.

View attachment 120753
Nice team, very similar structure to mine just a couple of different midfielders and defenders, forward line and rucks pretty much the same

Final side I think

B: Newnes, Shaw, Lumumba, Goodes, Oxley, McIntosh (Brown, Saad)
M: Lewis, Pendlebury, Beams, Parker, Fyfe, Swan, Cripps, Heeney (Miller, CEY, Vandenberg)
R: Goldstein, Bellchambers (Cox)
F: Bartel, Martin, Deledio, Gray, Salem, Clark (Hogan, Lamb)

Obviously Lids and Martin haven't had the best start, but confident they both will be top 6 fwds or thereabouts. Backline very weak but the premos just don't inspire at all and with McIntosh looking quite solid happy to risk it.

Just had a Dream Team Draft earlier this evening. Here are the results:

s3T19Os.png

Stoked with that, to be honest. I had the fifth pick in a snake style draft, so that is a great outcome.

Just had a Dream Team Draft earlier this evening. Here are the results:

s3T19Os.png

Stoked with that, to be honest. I had the fifth pick in a snake style draft, so that is a great outcome.
How many people were in the draft?
That is a ridiculous result

Picture 6.png

Ok I think this is what I'm going with, McIntosh will make some money hopefully so he can have a D6 spot for now, sacrificing Goodes/KK for Higgins/Brown and upgraded Sheed to Griffen. Brown at least can be a D7 if 1 of these guys gets dropped then hopefully he can turn into a Whitecross in 6-8 weeks.

After yesterday's Cripps semi-debacle score, rookie lotto is crucial in midfield I reckon with more spots there, having 6 guns down there minimizes the chance of having a sub-affected score or just a poor score after lockout.

Happy with the forward rookies, all have great job security, Saad may be a slow burner but the Saints need his goals so he will make money eventually once he kicks 3-4 one week and scores a 70/80/90 from it and subsequently has a couple of weeks of low breakevens, he should average more than Hogan as Hogan will have to rely on beating his opponent to score well and with Dawes and Watts around they'd play higher up the ground than him. Lamb will play 4-6 games to start the year due to Darling being out, hopefully we get a Patrick Ambrose like output from him.

Hope Mitch Clark becomes a JJK 2013 type keeper, he'd be a handy at F7 then. He will surely make 200k if he stays fit.

*Edit just turned O'Brien to Downie have only $200 left.

FWIW Jack Redpath should be the 2nd highest KPF rookie scorer behind Clark due to him running around in the ruck, laying tackles and having +6s as part of his game. Expensive though at 197k

View attachment 121263

Ok I think this is what I'm going with, McIntosh will make some money hopefully so he can have a D6 spot for now, sacrificing Goodes/KK for Higgins/Brown and upgraded Sheed to Griffen. Brown at least can be a D7 if 1 of these guys gets dropped then hopefully he can turn into a Whitecross in 6-8 weeks.

After yesterday's Cripps semi-debacle score, rookie lotto is crucial in midfield I reckon with more spots there, having 6 guns down there minimizes the chance of having a sub-affected score or just a poor score after lockout.

Happy with the forward rookies, all have great job security, Saad may be a slow burner but the Saints need his goals so he will make money eventually once he kicks 3-4 one week and scores a 70/80/90 from it and subsequently has a couple of weeks of low breakevens, he should average more than Hogan as Hogan will have to rely on beating his opponent to score well and with Dawes and Watts around they'd play higher up the ground than him. Lamb will play 4-6 games to start the year due to Darling being out, hopefully we get a Patrick Ambrose like output from him.

Hope Mitch Clark becomes a JJK 2013 type keeper, he'd be a handy at F7 then. He will surely make 200k if he stays fit.

*Edit just turned O'Brien to Downie have only $200 left.

FWIW Jack Redpath should be the 2nd highest KPF rookie scorer behind Clark due to him running around in the ruck, laying tackles and having +6s as part of his game. Expensive though at 197k
I really like your move in light of McIntosh's game to downgrade D5 to a rookie.

Now I'm seriously considering Goodes to Brown and Taylor Adams to Swan.

I really like your move in light of McIntosh's game to downgrade D5 to a rookie.

Now I'm seriously considering Goodes to Brown and Taylor Adams to Swan.
It helped knowing he should get 2-3 more games based on that display and Saad wasn't that bad, O'Meara did his knee today (dislocated kneecap) so his job security may have increased, now for Oxley to cement his spot in the team.

I had a little bit of cash though so with Sheed and Ellis-Yolmen on the bench I didn't want to take the risk on one of them, I ideally wanted Mitch Duncan but Griffen was the best I could afford, he should develop into a solid M9 though in 3 months time (permitting he stays fit), should average 95-100 minimum with more midfielders around him looking for him to utilise his long penetrating kicking forward of centre.

B: Hibberd, Shaw, Newnes, Lumumba, Goodes, McIntosh (Saad, Oxley)

M: Rockliff (c), Pendlebury, Fyfe, Beams, Griffen, Cripps, VanderBerg, Miller (Heeney, Ellis-Yolmen, Anderson)

R: Naitanui, Bellechambers (Cox)

F: Martin, Gray, Bennell, Swan, Clark, Salem (McCarthy, Lonie)

With lockout pretty much completely over, guess its time to post my side.

Backs: Newnes, Lumumba, KK, Bewick, Goodes, Saad (Mcintosh, Oxley)

Mids: Ablett, J.Redden, JPK, J.Watson, S.Selwood, Wallis, Cripps, Heeney (CEY, Vandenbergy, Miller)

Rucks: Maric, Bellchambers (Cox)

Forwards: Bartel, Gray, Swan, Dahlhaus, Bont, Salem (Clark, Lamb)

As you can see went with a unique approach in terms of my premo's, which is something i love doing and for those that know me on these boards know that as well. Quite happy with this so far, although with round 1 almost completed, i have some worries, especially in the backline. But i guess we wait and see what happens :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back