Universal Love 50 games to Ollie Wines!

Remove this Banner Ad

keep-calm-and-love-ollie-3-6.png

How has no one mentioned this yet?!

Hasn't missed a game, what a man!

Gratz Ollie!
Its been mentioned for weeks. You have been asleep.

WAKE UP BOY!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to believe its only been 50 games. Gotta admit im still not wholly comfortable that he is a one club player with us, but being added to that leadership group sure could change that fast.

Hard to believe its only been 50 games. Gotta admit im still not wholly comfortable that he is a one club player with us, but being added to that leadership group sure could change that fast.

Provided we structure his pay around the market rate, where's he going?

Can't see how you can possibly substantiate that call?

I know it might be a bit naive considering how strange it is seeing club stalwarts like Griffen, Chapman, Goddard and Dal Santo running around in different colours, but bloody hell he and his family positively gush about the football club. I don't think there's any evidence to not take them at their word.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still remember the shock when the rumour broke that Melbourne were going to pass on Wines. Could not believe it.

You can at least see the logic in much the same way the Dogs drafted that year. Take one Abrams tank (Stringer/Viney), take one silky smooth jet (Macrae/Toumpas)... but, yeah.

The silly thing is, the big predraft knock on Ollie was his kicking. Which is pretty funny considering.

I know it's been listed somewhere before, but does anyone know the most consecutive games played since debut?
The only one I remember off the top of my head was Jack Redden. He played 100+ since debut for the Lions.

I know it's been listed somewhere before, but does anyone know the most consecutive games played since debut?
What about the most consecutive games since being drafted.

Not many players play in the round 1 game for their new club, let alone then play in the next 49!

You can at least see the logic in much the same way the Dogs drafted that year. Take one Abrams tank (Stringer/Viney), take one silky smooth jet (Macrae/Toumpas)... but, yeah.
This drafting "strategy" would have made more sense if they didn't spend big the following draft/trade periods on Tyson, Petracca and Brayshaw, trying to find an Ollie Wines type.

Melb = ultimate potato

Remove this Banner Ad

Back