Autopsy Post match discussion Pies vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Witts still for me has to come back in to help Grundy,he is an outstanding prospect as is Witts himself and I do not want either burnt out mid season with these 2 boys we can really go places in the future.Brodie slotted a beautiful goal tonight so he definitely capable of kicking a goal or 2.

Witts in for Gault next week, a no-brainer.

Loved Trav Varcoe's game, really like him up forward, the multiple defensive pressure acts were first class.

Broomhead finally showed me something to get excited about, clean hands in slippery conditions.

Crisp is quickly becoming a new favourite, keep him in the guts.

Grundy is a beast.

Some really positive signs tonight, no Sidebottom, Greenwood, Adams, Reid and 4 x top 10 draft picks..

We're going to be inconsistent but when we click in 12-24 months time should be pretty exciting.

As I've said in another thread long time lurker decided time to start posting! After an indifferent start was a pleasing dominant performance thereafter. Thought the boys played a great brand of hard wet weather footy being in the right place at the right time. Was great to see how seamlessly crisp and varcoe have settled into the lineup, dayne who?!?! Great performance in defense rebounding from Langdon and Marley dominance in key positions particularly frosty (could he become the new albino presti?!?) good to see some top performances from our key forwards in cloke Elliott and white and finally the old firm in the middle plus brodie great to watch! Looking at the players out injured/coming back and the great talented youth learning the game in the magoos I for one am bloody excited for the rest of the season and then the future as well!!!

i really like tooves but that was the worst ive seen him play if we can drop fas like we did then id say tooves should have a spell this week

Varcoe must have got a message during the week because he was absolutely all over it tonight. It was a terrific performance.

From crisis comes opportunity and Broomhead did the biz. Didn't think we had any weak links really. Gault didn't get much of it and looked to have led legs but am still confident about his future prospects, maybe just not this week. Seedsman was a bit rusty but may need some time.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not, but Varcoe the Destroyer is now 3 from 3.
600full-Varcoe-the-destroyer-photo_zpsp08uz9ip.jpg

600full-Varcoe-the-destroyer-photo_zpsp08uz9ip.jpg

Hardly any negatives out of that game, was just fun to sit back and watch us take over after that slow start.

At the game I noticed our pressure off the ball was better too, we manned up more then we did versus the Crows which was a great sign.

Broomy, oh boy, that second quarter, the day he gets fit enough to do that for four quarters we will have a star on our hands.

LOVED, ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE 3 TALLS UP FORWARD, from now on that's how we do it, every week, no matter who, we play 3 tall forwards (2 permanent forwards and a resting ruck).

Hey, we got through a game without injuries, that's new.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A damp night, slippery and fumbly, but a great night to be a Pies fan. Yes, St Kilda are ordinary, but that's exactly the sort of game we could have dropped in the second half of 2014, when our confidence was shot and our kids were exhausted. We clicked tonight, and actually looked like a team, with our guys enjoying themselves. We smashed them, didnt take the pressure off, and concentrated in the dying minutes of quarters to make sure they didnt score. Cant speak highly enough of Grundy, Broomy, Swan, Cloke, but its the lesser lights who can make a huge difference, and guys like Oxley are really starting to impress.

When I got home from the game, husband says (he watched it on TV): who is that Crisp bloke and where did you get him from?:D:D:D

Those first 10 mins was a dark place but a few positives to take in the end.

Mainly the continual progress of Grundy and also the standout foot skills of Oxley.

Stars played well but they are expected to.

Hardly any negatives out of that game, was just fun to sit back and watch us take over after that slow start.

At the game I noticed our pressure off the ball was better too, we manned up more then we did versus the Crows which was a great sign.

Broomy, oh boy, that second quarter, the day he gets fit enough to do that for four quarters we will have a star on our hands.

LOVED, ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE 3 TALLS UP FORWARD, from now on that's how we do it, every week, no matter who, we play 3 tall forwards (2 permanent forwards and a resting ruck).

Hey, we got through a game without injuries, that's new.

7 goals from the 3 talls setup tonight (admittedly 5 of them from Cloke, but that's the point: Cloke at CHF with two other bigs plays a lot better than Cloke at FF with just one).

Must stick with this setup no matter what from here on out.

for the stage we are at - nice win. thats it.

also - can someone with the capability please capture the moment where PK had kicked his goal and gets a hug from seeds. post it here please.

two pies boys who have it on the big stage.
sorry about blair crashing the party
Screenshot_2015-04-17-23-55-57.png

We smashed St.Kilda without Montagna and Riewoldt, I think people are going way overboard, and we will know a lot more about our players in the next month. I like what I saw from Oxley, Crisp, Broomhead, Grundy and Seedsman started to warm up as the game went on. These are the guys I think we need to put our faith in because they are capable of being excellent footballers.
I don't see all that much point in Varcoe, Toovey, Goldsack, Brown, Dwyer, Gault and Im concerned about Marley Williams. Seems to have gone backwards over the past 12 months.
Ramsay is still a question mark imo, but I'd like to see more of him.
Great to see Swanny back playing that well, and for Elliot and Cloke to get some goals and confidence.
I think Brown is dropped when Reid comes back. Don't see what he provides the team, when Frost is better one on one and quicker and more atheltic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back