Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Gerard Whateley just suggest he should get four to six...
1 to 2 weeks at most.

Not even sure why this should be looked at, Chapman has been a serial pest / sniper for the last decade and got what he deserved. Really pleased one of our guys stood up and sends a message to the rest of the competition we wont be pushed around.

I say 3 votes, Chris 'Golden Gloves' Yarran :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Honourable mention to Bryce 'Hit Man' Gibbs for a great hip and shoulder on that sook Goddard.

Yeah would definitely not want to p1ss Yarran off. I kind of agree, but still disappointed he's gunna miss so long

He's so good when he has the footy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yaz is not someone to be trifled with, he can throw a mean punch and he's as fast as **** as we know. If he wasn't such a good footy player he'd be a talent in the ring, no doubt.

Whatever penalty Yaz cops for this, opponents must know, "P!ss me off at your peril."

Gerard Whateley just suggest he should get four to six...

Chapman would almost be whateleys love child considering he used to play for Geelong...I don't mind whateleys commentary, more often than not he's quite fair and diplomatic, but in this instance Whateley has no experience to draw from...he's never played AFL and I dare say he doesn't know what the full circumstances are...none of us do at present apart from the short grab channel 7 have conveniently displayed and the resulted cut eye and it's not conclusive to me where that came from. I'm sure the blues will secure all available footage which will show the context of the moment and chapman won't be so innocent... But knowing the AFL the decision will be a head scratcher... for all the damage chapman has done to others I'm more than happy to see some retribution, he deserves his right whack!
I would be pee'd if yazz got more than two...
Go blues!!

Simple story smashed them in clearances and contested possessions - then fumbled and scragged field kicks causing turnover after turnover...the problem isn't in contested ball the problem is in poor skill and execution on the outside.

Tuohey, Simpson, Cripps played well Docherty did too - but a few clangers from him took off some shine. Judd still amazes and his in better form than he was two years ago.

Curnow has not regained his leg speed since he broke it a year ago...Carrazzo is now well past it - for every good thing he does he can't keep up with his man and generates too many turnovers with ball in hand - too slow for the game now.

Casboult was played at CHF and ruck - where I was hoping to see him run out of the goal square - he was ineffective mostly today. Henderson is playing all over the place - really didn't know what position or role he was supposed to be playing. Wood did OK in ruck today - is all I can say.

C7 did their best to maximise any penalty for Yaran - but I loved watching him make so called hard nut Chappy go to water. MORE Chris - that is leadership - especially when you back it up and show you are Carlton's gun with ball in hand. As opposed to another limp effort from Gibbs who is an expert at gathering stats and NOTHING else this year - Murphy improved from useless to cameo nice bits in final quarter- both are over rated and need a kick up backside. jamison did his shoulder ( any surprises) Rowe has stopped developing - almost back in his shell...Bell played his most ordinary game today - too fumbly too often but that is ok - he is allowed some latitude.

Byrne ( as expected) was great in final quarter, Armfield provided competitive pressure with speed and harassment and tackling.. he is back. Tex will be better again for the run today. Everitt must be tracking pretty high in BF points- does many many really good team things every week.

Malthouse is ordinary - he has coached the side into a confused slow predictable game style - with predictable entry and an epic FAIL to understand that games are won straight through the middle.

Looking forward to Whiley/Boekhurst/Graham replacing Curnow/Carrazzo - I won't speculate on what SOS would like to to do with some of the so called stars wearing our colours.

I am happy to have seen some fight - even though it was junk time - it could have been a lot closer.
Beautifully said.

Everyone raves about Hawthorn and their 'line in the sand game' in 2004......nobody seems to give a s**t that the Hawks were hardly angels that day......they weren't exactly in the rules either. Yarran does it after everyone's been urging for some aggression, anything, and people get appalled. People need to make up their minds.

For what it's worth, even with Yarran in the team the Blues were going to struggle in the next few weeks. At least he picked a good target, landed it and made him bleed.

Everyone raves about Hawthorn and their 'line in the sand game' in 2004......nobody seems to give a s**t that the Hawks were hardly angels that day......they weren't exactly in the rules either. Yarran does it after everyone's been urging for some aggression, anything, and people get appalled. People need to make up their minds.
I would say those who are appalled are in the minority , seems most have no issues with it.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility there could be 3 Irish players in the team, although they may be too similar in type for that to happen regularly.
I'm just curious as to why you would judge the 'Irish experiments' on the basis of Setanta (who played hurling first and foremost before he came over) and not by the guys that are there now.

I'm not judging the irish experiments purely on Setanta, I'm basing it on every Irishman to have ever come over an played the game.

Jim Stynes, Sean Wight & Tadgh Kenneally were simply sensational players, there appears to be a big gap between them and the rest of the irish players.

Seems to be a small percentage of players overall that have been genuine success stories, a lot of them have only been 'okay'.

I'm not judging the irish experiments purely on Setanta, I'm basing it on every Irishman to have ever come over an played the game.

Jim Stynes, Sean Wight & Tadgh Kenneally were simply sensational players, there appears to be a big gap between them and the rest of the irish players.

Seems to be a small percentage of players overall that have been genuine success stories, a lot of them have only been 'okay'.
Wight was Scottish.

But I agree. Most have been average since the ones you mentioned. Byrne played alright yesterday though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheehan looked great last year. 50m spearing kicks to leading forwards.

It's hard to impact a comp playing a sport that you only picked up recently.

Chapman would almost be whateleys love child considering he used to play for Geelong...I don't mind whateleys commentary, more often than not he's quite fair and diplomatic, but in this instance Whateley has no experience to draw from...he's never played AFL and I dare say he doesn't know what the full circumstances are...none of us do at present apart from the short grab channel 7 have conveniently displayed and the resulted cut eye and it's not conclusive to me where that came from. I'm sure the blues will secure all available footage which will show the context of the moment and chapman won't be so innocent... But knowing the AFL the decision will be a head scratcher... for all the damage chapman has done to others I'm more than happy to see some retribution, he deserves his right whack!
I would be pee'd if yazz got more than two...
Go blues!!
Skinny rant like Whatley never played the game yet he protects the biggest sniper.

We need this to be a reminder we won't be pushed and be called soft any longer. Our players should now focus on protecting each other on the field and stuff what others say. We are Carlton the most successful clean club. Ask Dermi what he thought about Yarrans hit. It's about sending a message. He didn't snipe anyone it was one on one. While I don't condone this it needed to be done.

366757-tlsnewsportrait.jpg
:p:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
"SAY UNCLE!"

I reckon they did it as a ploy to help with the extra rest for old players like Chapman, the entire team seemed to be struggling to run out the game after a 6 day break in the end.

I reckon it was to stem the bleeding during the "concussion test" time and not interfere with their rotations and the intro of the sub for this time rather than have him sitting on the bench.

It will unfortunately further impact with the MRP.

At least we showed something, even if was too little too late, same old story, but hope this at least has a happy ending.

We're having more hits through the Irish than through the draft, so we should keep working on that as one of our points of difference and advantage moving forward (whatever else SOS has in mind).

Pearce Hanley is a pretty damn good conversion and top line AFL player. Pity he's injured at the moment.

I can't believe you people are defending Yarran. :oops:

This week we play St Kilda, which shapes up as our most important match of the year and perhaps only chance to win a game in the first 5 weeks. With Yarran missing, I wouldn't be too certain.

Worse, the next little s**t will sledge Yarran to buggery. Do we want him suspended for 4 weks for hitting Ballantyne too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back