Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“So far this year they’ve been incredibly physical around the contest, they’ve almost bullied teams into beating them,” Hartlett said.

Reasonable comment. No issue with it

On the bright side it might rile him up, if ever we needed a big game from him tomorrow night is it

As long as he doesn't get himself suspended. The "unsociable" tough guy Hawks have a history of riiling him up, making him retaliate and then squealing at the tribunal.

As long as he doesn't get himself suspended. The "unsociable" tough guy Hawks have a history of riiling him up, making him retaliate and then squealing at the tribunal.

You can be hard and * people up without getting suspended. It's called going hard at the ball. It'll be wet so arms can slip and crash into ribs and elbows into stomachs without repercussions.

Brian 'I just want to see a close game' Taylor.

Imagine the jizz fest about Hodgey, Roughy and Cyrillllll had Hawthorn motored to 10 goals up. Pls Brian.
'I am not barracking'
'HOW IS THAT NOT A FREE KICK TO SAM MITCHELL COME ON UMPIRE'
Thanks BT.

I also enjoyed his comment early in the game about Cornes being our highest game player in our 'brief history' (period).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We obviously want to down-play this win early in the season. It suits club and supporters.

But * me - how does channel seven think they can get away with such hopelessly biased and unappealing commentary. Saturday night is a big timeslot into Melbourne - but surely the audience would rather hear a enthusiastic description of the game - rather than the commentary 'team' having to qualify their comments to placate the producers in their ears.

The club should not comment publicly - but should have a strong, quiet word to the AFL about the quality of the TV broadcast.

How's the first question Ken gets in the presser "are you worried you haven't won a quarter in the last half this season" smh really mate we just beat the reigning premiers & you pull that crap out first up?
Not even right. We won the third against the Dockers and tied the last against the Roos.

Our second halves haven't been great though.

There's no doubt we started the season with some underdone players in the side. Ken pretty much said so in the lead up to the Freo game but felt that, underdone or not, it was more important to get the core group of players all playing together early after such a disjointed lead in to the first game.
I reckon we're starting now to see the fruits of that, along with some of those key players just now getting the necessary game time under their belts.

Our players have had absolutely no let up in the first month. All the other top teams from last year got at least one easier game to take the foot slightly off the throttle, but not us.

I'm not a fan of the 7 team but they've done the same sort of thing when we've been behind and storming back. It's part of their job.

There's no doubt we started the season with some underdone players in the side. Ken pretty much said so in the lead up to the Freo game but felt that, underdone or not, it was more important to get the core group of players all playing together early after such a disjointed lead in to the first game.
I reckon we're starting now to see the fruits of that, along with some of those key players just now getting the necessary game time under their belts.

Our players have had absolutely no let up in the first month. All the other top teams from last year got at least one easier game to take the foot slightly off the throttle, but not us.

Next week should be easier ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back