Review vs Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

fantastic win..wont re-hash whats been said.

I thought it was MaCrae's best game for the club. He really earnt his possessions and his defensive side of his game was the best its been, 7 tackles. Every side has the link man type of player yet MaCrae showed he can do some hard stuff in close as well.

Every player did there bit.

Macrae used his body really well on occasions. He seemed to be taking riskier options too. Not one of his most prolific games but he played very well.

What an insipid 1 minute performance by the Doggies...

The rest of the 120 or so minutes was fantastic though! Well done guys! Looking forward to see more of the Doggies this season :D

Gotta find it hilarious that Thompson & Betts were in the best for Adelaide. Thompson had a 38 possession game where he accomplished precisely jack s**t and Betts only laid one tackle and only got into the game when it was done and dusted.

I can't read too much from 1 game. ADelaide did look pretty flat, whether that was bcause the dogs deflated them I don't know.

It would be one thing if we just kinda stumbled to a win over them like Richmond did against Carlton but we were clearly on top and controlling the game from the first minute. They couldn't put their defensive plan into effect because we were just relentless.

I can't read too much from 1 game. ADelaide did look pretty flat, whether that was bcause the dogs deflated them I don't know.
Sounds like Richmond saying they didn't 'come to play' when we beat them. We were too good on the day. What I would read into it is that if we bring the same endeavour and skill as that to any game, we can match it with / beat good sides.

Can we sign Lin Jong?

We're in need of a second ruck...
I'd reluctantly agree for the right price, but I like heckling Jenkins. :D

Kid has a freakish leap.
Was Sloane injured? Rate him very highly, can't believe how quiet he was.

Well, he beat the witches hat that Jenkins is in the ruck quite easily ;)

He looked pretty out of it after an accidental hit in the first quarter. Really just wasn't our day at all.

I'd reluctantly agree for the right price, but I like heckling Jenkins. :D

Well, that depends on what you'd consider the right price, normally i'd start at around the packet of chips range, then lead into the packet of chips + a quality set of steak knives and free postage and handling... but in this case, i think a fair bid is about all of our draft picks and maybe dangerfield ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that depends on what you'd consider the right price, normally i'd start at around the packet of chips range, then lead into the packet of chips + a quality set of steak knives and free postage and handling... but in this case, i think a fair bid is about all of our draft picks and maybe dangerfield ;)
In the space of 50 words you transformed from Adrian Dodoro into Crazy Vossy. :p

What an F&$@#!g brilliant game, I found myself awe-struck at times.... I didn't think I yelled as much as I did until I woke up with no voice today. So many positives that have been mentioned already and spoken about on SEN, in the papers and in the office all day long... Man had we kicked straight and taken our half chances and played out the last qtr we would have won by 100 - 120 points....

I must admit I was worried going into the game, I didn't think we had the mid-field grunt to mix it in tight with the Crows, boy how stupid was I?? (please don't answer that)...

I've read so much about most of our players but I'm interested to hear what others thought of Hrovat's game? Was it me or was he slipping over and fumbling more than most?

Not that impressed either True Dog . I have a feeling he will get overtaken fairly soon.

Hrovat got in the right spots and did the tough stuff so moving in the right direction. Didn't nail his goals though and slipped around a fair bit. I reckon it's fair to say his disposal at afl level hasn't lived up to his junior disposal. Could very well get it there though. We hold him to a crazy high standard because his fellow 2nd and 3rd year players are running the league right now haha

Loved seeing Stringer get subbed for Honey. I think to myself we will be a bit short up forward. Next move is Honey on ball and Bont deep forward. That flexibility is something spoken about on here a lot but to see it happen already was a tingle moment.

Loved seeing Stringer get subbed for Honey. I think to myself we will be a bit short up forward. Next move is Honey on ball and Bont deep forward. That flexibility is something spoken about on here a lot but to see it happen already was a tingle moment.

So did i, he was on track for double figures...

No room for improvement in a 21 gamer that hasn't had much continuity?

Yeah Fargy I could be way off the mark with him , but he can be a very sloppy kick , and I haven't seen great improvement in it since his first year. There is some real talent right behind him.

Yeah Fargy I could be way off the mark with him , but he can be a very sloppy kick , and I haven't seen great improvement in it since his first year. There is some real talent right behind him.
I agree there are some real question marks over him. But I've also seen when he has played some games in a row he has played some great games like against Essendon, Gold Coast and he was a clear stand out against Sydney last year. I think his skills will get better when he gets more comfortable at the grade, which he has seemed slightly below the couple of games this year. Get him to 50 games as quickly as possible then we will be able to judge more accurately either way I think :)

Well if Ayce keeps going as he did yesterday he will be able to give up that job advertising Coles Mastercard on TV, I think his rucking is better than his singing on the advert anyway.

But seriously, in all the games I've seen Ayce play at VFL and AFL level he has looked more like an old style ruck-rover. His problem is that he is 10cms too tall for his primary skills, I wonder if Bev is playing him on these strengths and is willing to sacrifice the ruckwork output, and for how long will that work in our favor. Opposition teams will look for ways to capitalise on his weaknesses. The questions are can we cover that in the longer term or does Ayce need to improve his ruck work and, if so, can he improve through continuity and experience?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back