The Death Penalty for Chan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one deserves to be murdered for this crime. Those on this thread saying '* them' are soulless ghouls. What Chan and Sukumaran will have come to know of themselves and life through this process (through this political killing) will far surpass anything these indulged keyboard twats will ever know.

The Australian governments response should be unambiguously one of condemnation. Clearly rehabilitation is not a goal of the Indonesian prison system. Clearly the current Indonesian government is prepared to pander to a large swathe of Indonesians that are impressed by insipid displays of power through show killings. Whatever economic pain we suffer due to distancing ourselves with the current Indonesian government is well worth it on both ethical and moral grounds.

No one deserves to be murdered for this crime. Those on this thread saying '**** them' are soulless ghouls. What Chan and Sukumaran will have come to know of themselves and life through this process (through this political killing) will far surpass anything these indulged keyboard twats will ever know.

The Australian governments response should be unambiguously one of condemnation. Clearly rehabilitation is not a goal of the Indonesian prison system. Clearly the current Indonesian government is prepared to pander to a large swathe of Indonesians that are impressed by insipid displays of power through show killings. Whatever economic pain we suffer due to distancing ourselves with the current Indonesian government is well worth it on both ethical and moral grounds.

Our governments response will be some minor whining, they will absorb the media pressure and within a short time it will be business as usual. See if i'm wrong.

bali9.jpg

Last edited:

The whole thing, from start to finish, but particularly in the last 6 months, has been a concerted effort on Indonesia's part as a big "F*** YOU" to Australia.

Yes. And to top it off, announcing the 'death countdown' on ANZAC Day, after being requested by the Australian government not to.

A truly second class country.

I don't protest about much, I have to be honest. However, I never want to see Australia give one bit of assistance to these a***holes again in my lifetime.

I just wish every other Australian would do what most of us have done for years, and that is fly over and ignore this dump of a nation.

The desire to not appear weak is the unbreakable issue for Indonesia, even if privately they have misgivings. Shouldn't be about ego.

Sanctions will be brief and token I think. We want their cooperation on asylum seekers and terrorism.

Rest in peace. Your long ordeal is over. May Indonesia be answerable for the show they have put on and the stripping of dignity for the condemned and their families.

Quite speechless. My heart goes out to the families sitting in the hotel in Cilacap.

Same. Just seeing Sukamaran's sister yesterday wailing next to her brother as he asked for a reprieve from the president was bone-chilling. Anyone who can ignore that grief is a monster. Indonesian "justice" is absolutely shameful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also glad the shitshow is done with.

A year from now, will any of you remember or care about it any longer? Doubtful.

I'm still haunted by Barlow and Chambers images. Don't presume to know what other people think.

You can be glad but do you need to make a mockery of it?

There'll be mass protests in Perth today and burning of Bintang singlets.

Will aussies stop going to Indonesia .... for a while at least?

Haha and give up cheap drinks, $5 handjobs and knock off dvd's?
Doubtful. It's a bogans rite of passage to hit Bali.

I'm still haunted by Barlow and Chambers images. Don't presume to know what other people think.

You can be glad but do you need to make a mockery of it?

I don't presume to know what others think, I just have plenty of years of observation of the goldfish-like memory spans of the SJWs that tend to gravitate towards these causes. If that's not you, then good on you, but that is the vast majority.

I don't need to make a mockery of it, but I will, because I feel it's deserved.

hopefully it'll still be in the news...because the sentencing in this case stinks of corruption. That should concern you.

Corruption? In Indonesia??
Noooooo

I don't need to make a mockery of it, but I will, because I feel it's deserved.

So rather than respect the moment which costs you nothing but a little restraint, you choose to sum up the majority and push your own agenda while doing so.

I don't see you as being more enlightened, or some sort of bullshit bypasser by choosing to make light of a sombre moment. It's one step in the direction of trolling facebook tribute pages IMO.

Some people can't miss that opportunity though. It's their right to an opinion regardless of decency.

Hey, I bet their families would get a giggle out of the porky pig gif. Might lighten the mood a bit.

van nguyen waves

That too was agonising. It didn't get the media coverage. It was behind closed doors. No real background to the person. I remember his mother's pleas though. The show the Indonesians put on made this one far worse because it gave a real human face to it. We got to see rehabilitation and it was reported on since their arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back