Ovens and King 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard on the grapevine that All Blacks have signed Alan Didak for a game against Greta? Is this true? Would be a great get if this is the case.

If Smythsdale (Ballarat area) is allowed to continue how is it that Swanpool and Tatong can't?

Because some leagues actually encourage and support community clubs rather than those that kick them to the curb when it suits there agenda.
If a club like DWWWW in Gippsland can revive itself from a tough situation very similar to these clubs it shows it can be done if the powers that be wanted them to.

Because some leagues actually encourage and support community clubs rather than those that kick them to the curb when it suits there agenda.
If a club like DWWWW in Gippsland can revive itself from a tough situation very similar to these clubs it shows it can be done if the powers that be wanted them to.
cheers mate

That's great news. Any idea that improves the profile of the O&K & the clubs is welcome.
Good on All Blacks for "looking outside the square".

Agree Bunyip! Would be the game where the two teams battle it out for the Crothers Cup too wouldn't it? Be a big weekend around the Blacks if I'm right.

Agree Bunyip! Would be the game where the two teams battle it out for the Crothers Cup too wouldn't it? Be a big weekend around the Blacks if I'm right.
Gerry Crothers was a Life Member for both All Blacks & Greta. To be inducted a Life Member once is an achievement but twice is amazing.
I've seen some argue getting "marquee" players sends the wrong message but you won't hear that from me after the Campbell Brown experiment last year was a success for our club. Things are getting tougher & tougher both financially & on-field so anything clubs can do to make a dollar & increase interest is to be applauded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 goals to 1 in the last quarter to get up by a goal! Massive effort by the boys today. No one gave the O&K a chance! Awesome win!!!

I reckon if you were being honest you wouldn't have given the boys much of a shot yourself at three quarter time GIF! Amazing effort in the last quarter. I thought the Rovers v Myrtleford game I saw a couple weeks ago couldn't be topped in terms of coming from nowhere to get the win. This one managed to do that. Just brilliant.

Well this thread is bloody exciting!
Why don't you post something then seahunt?
My end of season prediction

Glenrowan
Milawa
Bright
Doon
King Valley
Moyhu
----------------
Tarra
Greta
Whorouly
Nth wang
Goorambat
All blacks

Not much separating Tarra ,greta or whorouly on the ladder it will just depend on the draws.

Turning the attention to the Blacks Greta game in a couple of weeks. Who do you think will get the big job on Didak? Silky ex AFL player who in his prime could turn a game on its head. Coming to the O&K could really show a few why he was so good.

65-75000?

In an ideal world country footy should be played for the fun of it! It's now a job! Unfortunately money will always be increased when it comes to blokes who don't have any interest in a footy club. Contracted players should be made to stay for a beer, awards and functions rather than putting their hand out and going straight back down the freeway. This league and all country leagues are becoming a joke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back