QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some QAFL Reserves sides that would be beaten by half the clubs in QAFA B. Many of the Sandgate boys will tell you that their 3's would beat their 2's.

The standard of ressies footy across the board is getting worse, with more and more guys opting to play Seniors in a nominally lower league, than play Ressies in a higher league. I can understand this, but it makes you wonder about the future of Reserves footy and how it is to be handled.

There are a few clubs in different divisions with genuinely strong Reserves, but they are few and far between.

In fact, you will often find that a good Ressies side one year, won't be as strong the following year as the better players leave to play Senior footy at another club. Springwood in QFA South or Western Magpies in QAFL for example. Many of the reserves from 2014 from these clubs are now playing senior footy elsewhere in a lower division - its very hard to combat this flow of talent.

I know if I was a young bloke again and I played a season in QAFL Reserves, I'd be easily swayed to play Seniors in the QFA instead if someone came knocking.

There are some QAFL Reserves sides that would be beaten by half the clubs in QAFA B. Many of the Sandgate boys will tell you that their 3's would beat their 2's.

The standard of ressies footy across the board is getting worse, with more and more guys opting to play Seniors in a nominally lower league, than play Ressies in a higher league. I can understand this, but it makes you wonder about the future of Reserves footy and how it is to be handled.

There are a few clubs in different divisions with genuinely strong Reserves, but they are few and far between.

In fact, you will often find that a good Ressies side one year, won't be as strong the following year as the better players leave to play Senior footy at another club. Springwood in QFA South or Western Magpies in QAFL for example. Many of the reserves from 2014 from these clubs are now playing senior footy elsewhere in a lower division - its very hard to combat this flow of talent.

I know if I was a young bloke again and I played a season in QAFL Reserves, I'd be easily swayed to play Seniors in the QFA instead if someone came knocking.
Ressies footy is becoming harder and harder to field a solid team. Its should be a player wants to make it in the senior side and gets rewarded for solid performance. I know if I was a young bloke again and was in ressies for what ever reason. I would never leave qafl level to play seniors at a lower grade. Challenge yourself and get back in the ones.

Normal players play for each other not medals around their neck, so no wonder you're impressed
Uh oh, she's back :rolleyes:

I will have to correct you there, most normal people play to win and ultimately play to win a Premiership, thus resulting in said medal around neck.

You are not normal are you miss?

Would love to see the Tigers make a run in the second half of the year. IMO they could win 7 out of 10 but would this get them in? I think depth could also be an issue as they suffered 2 major injuries on the weekend I'm lead to believe. And Spades can you confirm if Cam Heath has decided to give it away?

Would love to see the Tigers make a run in the second half of the year. IMO they could win 7 out of 10 but would this get them in? I think depth could also be an issue as they suffered 2 major injuries on the weekend I'm lead to believe. And Spades can you confirm if Cam Heath has decided to give it away?
Yes unfortunately suffered 2 season ending injuries on the weekend. No signs of Cam Heath, but can say we are not fussed as the position will open up to players with more experience and confidence. Average young player, and we need more commitment which he did not have.

what black magic said. And not sure tigers are worried about depth. Seen the ladder in the 2's? Plenty of blokes pushing for senior selection. 2 blokes had the call up last week.

I've watched your ressies a couple of times and it looks to me like the depth isn't that great. Second on the ladder but the step will be too much for most. Your older players look more likely than the young ones and IMO this is what is lacking for you to be a genuine contender but time will tell I suppose

Ressies footy is becoming harder and harder to field a solid team. Its should be a player wants to make it in the senior side and gets rewarded for solid performance. I know if I was a young bloke again and was in ressies for what ever reason. I would never leave qafl level to play seniors at a lower grade. Challenge yourself and get back in the ones.

I think the big issue is club numbers. Possibly a lot of clubs are starting to struggle to pull numbers together to field strong reserve grade teams, so you end up scraping together a lot of new to football guys or old blokes who have had their day. most of these guys would probably never be considered for their senior sides, so there is a big drop in ability there. So when you lose one of your key senior guys there really is not a strong replacement to cover him.

What was the send off for NP
Too many excuses, (eg: "one rotation down, best player sent off etc), who cares what the send-off was for, harden up, have a go n sometimes just acknowledge that you weren't quite good enough not to mention the noble need to give credit to your conquerers. Used to be called sportsmanship. They got beat, suck it up n get better.

Yes unfortunately suffered 2 season ending injuries on the weekend. No signs of Cam Heath, but can say we are not fussed as the position will open up to players with more experience and confidence. Average young player, and we need more commitment which he did not have.
Well I guess that comment has scarpered any hope of a reconcilliation? You guys eat your own, sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many excuses, (eg: "one rotation down, best player sent off etc), who cares what the send-off was for, harden up, have a go n sometimes just acknowledge that you weren't quite good enough not to mention the noble need to give credit to your conquerers. Used to be called sportsmanship. They got beat, suck it up n get better.

Cheers mate appreciate the words of wisdom you are a credit to man kind :)

And on a totally separate matter I'm led to believe the Suns will be making some noise this week with with the announcement of the signing of a 250 State League gamer n a couple of handy ruckmen. I might be old but I still have contacts. NP#0, you should be on to this, a ready made excuse, not fair they added players who could play..............

And on a totally separate matter I'm led to believe the Suns will be making some noise this week with with the announcement of the signing of a 250 State League gamer n a couple of handy ruckmen. I might be old but I still have contacts. NP#0, you should be on to this, a ready made excuse, not fair they added players who could play..............
Big Goons being one of them. Legend of a bloke and awesome tap ruckman

I think the big issue is club numbers. Possibly a lot of clubs are starting to struggle to pull numbers together to field strong reserve grade teams, so you end up scraping together a lot of new to football guys or old blokes who have had their day. most of these guys would probably never be considered for their senior sides, so there is a big drop in ability there. So when you lose one of your key senior guys there really is not a strong replacement to cover him.
I totally agree with you was just responding to our man who knows all qafl fan.

Big Goons being one of them. Legend of a bloke and awesome tap ruckman
Spot on re goons. I gather the other 2 recruits are ex surfers? What happened to their mantra of developing kids from the Logan region ? Seems like a shift in policy?

Spot on re goons. I gather the other 2 recruits are ex surfers? What happened to their mantra of developing kids from the Logan region ? Seems like a shift in policy?
The Suns juniors consist of U8 -U10's, bit hard to develop them into senior players this year, maybe 2022

Stop it I'm really enjoying this attention :)

No excuses needed mate pretty sure I have 90 good reasons to be happy with how we went against the suns.

We have kids together ?? This is weird .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back