Autopsy Rd 9 Carlton v Sydney Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually enjoyed watching the game for the first time this year. We moved the ball better and actually tried.

Cripps will be a superstar.

Graham be it 15 touches, 30 or 10 he has the talent and can be a good player. He needs the rest of the year in the seniors to build fitness and get use to the afl speed. But get behind him. He hasn't had many games in the seniors and when he has he was sub so give him time.

Curnow is way undervalued by a lot of people and seems to bleed blue. You need people like him.

Liam Jones is basically a shorter Warnock. Gives is nothing around the ground. Can't clunk marks. Maybe a confidence thing but he would want to get better quickly.

Tutt is good enough as depth.

We need Boekhurst to play, he is 21 and drafting an older player he either needs to be afl ready or it was a bad pick.

We really need jamo back.

Actually enjoyed watching the game for the first time this year. We moved the ball better and actually tried.

Cripps will be a superstar.

Graham be it 15 touches, 30 or 10 he has the talent and can be a good player. He needs the rest of the year in the seniors to build fitness and get use to the afl speed. But get behind him. He hasn't had many games in the seniors and when he has he was sub so give him time.

Curnow is way undervalued by a lot of people and seems to bleed blue. You need people like him.

Liam Jones is basically a shorter Warnock. Gives is nothing around the ground. Can't clunk marks. Maybe a confidence thing but he would want to get better quickly.

Tutt is good enough as depth.

We need Boekhurst to play, he is 21 and drafting an older player he either needs to be afl ready or it was a bad pick.

We really need jamo back.
age means little

We need the mighty Blues back - so I hope the 'powers that rule' have suffered enough hurt to put their ego's aside and let the right people be put in charge of the football department and walk away and not interfere.
I know there's some proud Blues supporters numbed into a straightjacket because of the dodo's at the top with their ego's at play but hopefully they will be swept away for good and the power returns to the supporter base.
Things can turn quickly if they can get that right. Good Luck.

Last edited:
He looks laconic and he has no real set position, but Andrejs Everitt would be leading your BnF at the moment I rekon. He has to be the most under-rated player in the comp.

Gets his 18-20 touches and a couple of shots on goal every week, sometimes while doing a defensive job on the wing. Has been a great pickup by the Blues and has more than earned his place going forward.

He looks laconic and he has no real set position, but Andrejs Everitt would be leading your BnF at the moment I rekon. He has to be the most under-rated player in the comp.

Gets his 18-20 touches and a couple of shots on goal every week, sometimes while doing a defensive job on the wing. Has been a great pickup by the Blues and has more than earned his place going forward.

Everitt hasn't been that good this year. Bell has been better. Curnow has been better. Cripps has been better, just to name a few

There has to come a point where the penny drops .... We cannot use the salary cap penalties anymore, they are gone and dusted yet we are mired to the bottom. The club has A grade facilities so that is not the problem .... Looks like the club has fixed the recruiting department so that is not it going forward ... Only thing left ...

Board and coaching.

Need leaders, not puppets.

We need leaders all through the club from playing list to board.

This new found pain can last 3-5 years or it can last another generation.

We have to move into the modern footy landscape!

Get the best, cut the crap with this ridiculous board and get with the program!

The board with its Pratts and Mathielsons had their chance and they have ruined the club ... time to get real leaders in instead of people pushing their own ill informed agenda!

Would you take advice from an unqualified person on a health issue? Then why are we taking advice or orders from people who use footy as a plaything rather than their livelihood depending on it?

Gone are the days of this type of behaviour ... until we stop thinking its our birthright to be no.1 and start putting in the hard yards and start asking the right questions no matter how uncomfortable ... We will not move forward.

There is no quick fix, slowly slowly wins the race.

Let's just make every important decision count from now going forward!

No retreat, no surrender, team unity, board unity, CLUB UNITY!

One thing I noticed: Army was fantastic at giving a rev up after we kicked a goal. As a player he has limits, but we need more personalities like him.
I thought he was good on Jetta but having 3 taggers in the team does limit our ability to attack.

Army was decent and has prescence/leadership. Ideally phased out this year, perhaps 1 more as depth.

Graham, and I think Whiley & Boeky, Buckley, Jaksh need to play every week.

Watson to get an extended run.

2e to get a crack up forward with walker.

Hendo to CHB, build the backline around him.

There has to come a point where the penny drops .... We cannot use the salary cap penalties anymore, they are gone and dusted yet we are mired to the bottom. The club has A grade facilities so that is not the problem .... Looks like the club has fixed the recruiting department so that is not it going forward ... Only thing left ...

Board and coaching.

Need leaders, not puppets.

We need leaders all through the club from playing list to board.

This new found pain can last 3-5 years or it can last another generation.

We have to move into the modern footy landscape!

Get the best, cut the crap with this ridiculous board and get with the program!

The board with its Pratts and Mathielsons had their chance and they have ruined the club ... time to get real leaders in instead of people pushing their own ill informed agenda!

Would you take advice from an unqualified person on a health issue? Then why are we taking advice or orders from people who use footy as a plaything rather than their livelihood depending on it?

Gone are the days of this type of behaviour ... until we stop thinking its our birthright to be no.1 and start putting in the hard yards and start asking the right questions no matter how uncomfortable ... We will not move forward.

There is no quick fix, slowly slowly wins the race.

Let's just make every important decision count from now going forward!

No retreat, no surrender, team unity, board unity, CLUB UNITY!
100% for mine too! Great post.

Everitt hasn't been that good this year. Bell has been better. Curnow has been better. Cripps has been better, just to name a few

Agreed. Everitt has been down and almost worthy of a rest prior to last night. Even in the first half last night his intensity was nowhere near as good as many of his teammates. He and Menz went for the corral instead of attacking the ball carrier a few times and it served to break the pressure being applied by their teammates in the plays leading up.

I like what he did when he went forward and he linked up better in the second half. I'm not getting swayed by some junk time goals when the Swans kicked back a little but it does show what he can do when he applies himself.

Everitt was a real find last year and I was impressed. Needs more of his second half last night to get back to that.

Army was decent and has prescence/leadership. Ideally phased out this year, perhaps 1 more as depth.

Graham, and I think Whiley & Boeky, Buckley, Jaksh need to play every week.

Watson to get an extended run.

2e to get a crack up forward with walker.

Hendo to CHB, build the backline around him.

I can see Barker is not going to play all of these guys at once because it is a balancing act between uncompetitive rabble and developing side. Once a player proves their worth though ... leave them. Doc did, Cripps has, Buckley has IMO. Graham is almost there so needs to be in. Jaksch should play another 10 games this year at least. Whiley, Boekhorst rotate in and out to give the regular exposure until they sink or swim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good showing all things considered.

Best thing was that whilst we might not have executed them properly (dropped marks, wayward kicks), we moved the ball FORWARD instead of backwards and sideways! And we were much more patient. Less lobbing and more intent was good to see.

We also linked up wayyyyy more than usual from centre clearances, stoppages etc.

We stood up against Sydney's midfield very well. We weren't bullied man on man!

CRIPPS! SERIOUSLY! MARRY ME!!!

Other than that, Jones ain't doing it for me. Menz gone downhill, but need to keep him in. Yaz needed to do more.

I went to bed at half time :(
We actually scored multiple goals in a quarter :eek:

I hope we can start getting the ball to Levi more. Credit to the guy, he's clearly taking Sav's teachings on board and everytime he goes for a set shot now you can tell he's concentrating hard to get his technique right. That kick from just outside or on 50m near the boundary was just perfect.

I'm sure it won't always come off (still looks like he gets rather close to the man on the mark too) but there's definite improvement.

So, with respect to my comments re graham

I didn't watch the game. At all..just noting 15 touches is fairly garbage.

I want him to play every game. Absolutely. Just dont want to accept 14 touches as a good game. Look at crippa. That is a standard. Dont let the s**t that has come before cloud your judgement.
Ah,so you noted on the stat sheet.how many times he was at the bottom of the pack at the stoppages,beasting it up versus the machine that is the Sydney midfield.
Man,some people have no idea and even less when they don't actually watch the game!.
Moronic

Ah,so you noted on the stat sheet.how many times he was at the bottom of the pack at the stoppages,beasting it up versus the machine that is the Sydney midfield.
Man,some people have no idea and even less when they don't actually watch the game!.
Moronic
Testify CC!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back