Review Dogs subdue the pig shooters (GWS) 113-68

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know who it was bagging Dickson the other week but early on when the game was in the balance he killed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Re supporters bagging players. It's not just Dicko. Some others are favourite targets for criticism. Every club has these types of players, and the supporters who like to cheer loudly when winning, and harsh critics when we're not.

Fairweather supporters. I've had a gutful.

Lets take a look at the games of Tom Boyd & the guy that totally was in front of him as a player at GWS in McCarthy.

Tom Boyd- 8 disposals at 87.5%, five marks, 3 contested marks, 2 marks inside 50, 1 tackle, 3 inside 50's, 1 goal 1 behind

McCarthy- 7 disposals at 57.4%, 4 clangers, 3 marks, 0 contested marks, 0 marks inside 50, 0 tackles, 0 inside 50's, 1 goal
Yeah that's all well and good but in fairness to McCarthy.... it was never down there :drunk:

Re supporters bagging players. It's not just Dicko. Some others are favourite targets for criticism. Every club has these types of players, and the supporters who like to cheer loudly when winning, and harsh critics when we're not.

Fairweather supporters. I've had a gutful.
Who still want to use Wood, Wally, JJ and Jong as trade bait?

Ward seems to have got off fairly lightly on this board. Abandoned us when he realised we were on the decline and for a shitload of $$$. And to top if off Melbourne got 2 first rounders for Scully and we got only 1 for him. Notice Scully was not the captain today.
I genuinely think Ward was torn over the decision and in an ideal world, if we could match the deal would have stayed with us. I don't hold anything against the guy for leaving for probably double the money he was getting with us.

Wasn't he a Bulldogs fan growing up as well?

I genuinely think Ward was torn over the decision and in an ideal world, if we could match the deal would have stayed with us. I don't hold anything against the guy for leaving for probably double the money he was getting with us.

Wasn't he a Bulldogs fan growing up as well?

Bombers fan I think. Still, I hold nothing against him since he received a massive offer for a young bloke. I just wish that the club hadn't bothered giving him the last couple of games when he clearly was playing half-hearted and had mentally already signed the GWS contract.

Where's Hamling been? He looked so composed out there it's amazing to think he was delisted by an afl club. The replacement for Morris appears to have been found.

Wood has become the player I expected he would its just taken a few more years, he's a lock for the all Australian team at the moment.

With Cordy as the number one ruck 2-3 (losses against Melbourne and St kinda) with Minson 3-1. I think the debates over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombers fan I think. Still, I hold nothing against him since he received a massive offer for a young bloke. I just wish that the club hadn't bothered giving him the last couple of games when he clearly was playing half-hearted and had mentally already signed the GWS contract.
There's more to it than money IMO. Chris Grant, Johnno and the Hawk would have had huge offers thrown at them. The God given assumption that GWS will be winning a couple of premierships would have played a part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great result, I am very pleased with how today went. Ground them to a halt and if not for some wayward kicking we would be staring at a much, much larger result. GWS can dine on many bagged up genitals tonight.

The 1st quarter was really high quality football, irrepressible stuff. Wallis set the tone with his physical play in close, willed himself into every contest. Players pooped up here and there as required, even our weakest players on the day had good moments. These blokes in particular though were A grade:

Roughead
Wood
M. Boyd
Wallis
Picken
Roberts

Very good result.

With Easton Woods form and influence on the game being as immense as it is. I'm certain that when opposition players are looking to go forward all they see is this insurmountable obstacle blocking their way.

EASTON.jpg

Played well, I'm a bit upset with the set shots we missed and inside 50 opportunities because it can lose us some games. Not disappointed though

GWS fans throwing out the 'they were playing their GF' line now. Stop the world, I want to get off.

Ahahhahahahaha! That's almost as funny as when Callan Turd crunched his nuts in the last quarter today, lol!

Did anyone notice that you couldn't hear the club songs today? Hope we get some money back for that one.

Players were rapt that the crowd around improvised by braking into their own loud chant as they came down the race.

GWS fans throwing out the 'they were playing their GF' line now. Stop the world, I want to get off.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've beaten some much better teams than them this year. I mean I think beating Sydney in Sydney is a much higher feat than beating Griffen Willy Slapped (GWS). I could be wrong though :p

Ahahhahahahaha! That's almost as funny as when Callan Turd crunched his nuts in the last quarter today, lol!

Did anyone notice that you couldn't hear the club songs today? Hope we get some money back for that one.

Players were rapt that the crowd around improvised by braking into their own loud chant as they came down the race.
Thank you so, so much for reminding me that that happened. Classic.

Part 2:

Wally: What a game! He said that he'd been waiting for this game, and you get the feeling he wouldn't ever let us lose this one. So many great things to say I'd be here all night, but the one thing I will mention is his forward work! Has goal sense (missed a sitter but that's about his first miss?), and he is decent overhead! Just an awesome game and I brought him into my SuperCoach this week :p

Murph: Oh captain, my captain. Was receiving a lot of attention (a lot unfair imo) and still managed to have a very good game. That goal....every player just wanted to boof him after that! I'm in absolute awe of this bloke!

Stevens: Absolute ripper today. Especially early he didn't give an inch! I know a few have some founded doubts over Koby, but honestly he does most things pretty well, I think he is a definite part of our future. Another I think that is very well liked as well. How bout that check side!! And he kissed his black arm band so it obviously meant a lot to him today.

Bonts: Copped attention early but I agree with some that having a ruck contest helped his game. Was a bit cleaner today by hand. What needs to be mentioned is he is quality defensively when the ball goes long into defence. He had his usual magic moments where he just slows time. I'm happy he got to rest, and with other midfielders stepping up (Wally & Dahl) and Macrae back, he may get the chance without so much attention soon! To have the impact he does even though the attention he cops at 19 is honestly remarkable!

Moyd: Matty Boyd! Matty Boyd! I won't go as far as some in saying he is playing career best footy cause during our prelim run he was amazing! But Bev deserves to be knighted for this decision alone to play Moyd as a halfback/back pocket! And how about that tackle! No coincidence two of our losses have been when he wasn't there!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back