Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
What do we think about the way they go about it?
Personally I don't like it, it comes across as unsporting
But in football terms is it really "socially" unacceptable?

Last edited:
If you can bully a team into submission I think it's great viewing, nothing wrong with it. We tried doing it an lost to Richmond, not every team can pull it off, they are masters at it
Clearly not as unsociable as your players actions only got them 1 week suspensions not the 3 and 2 for potential injury ones that Hodge and Lewis got!

If there's a line there will be teams that push it. At the moment it's us, in the future it'll be someone else.

Personally I think it's a load of media bullshit perpetuated on the back of a few idiotic and aggressive actions rather than a team mentality.

Lmao, what a s**t OP. Essendon of 2000 and 2001 (until beaten by Brisbane in the Granny) were exactly the same. Were you still crying about it when your team was winning flags?

All the best sides throughout history have all had an intimidation factor about them. Suck it up princess, its part of a winners make up.

I don't mind tough tackles, pushing and shoving or sledging.

What i think the AFL needs to stamp out is the cheap shots behind play, like Gibsons elbow to Camerons midriff and Raines' punch to Cripps' midriff.

These acts have no place on a footy field and aren't in the actual 'play' of the game like Franklins bump, Gibbs' tackle on gray, Lewis' hit on Goldstein.
Even if its low force they should get suspended for at least 1 match as it is totally needless and intentional.

I like the way Hird classed Mitchell as naive and idiotic for sledging about the supplements scandal...

Yet it its the Essendon players who let thousands of injections be put in them without knowing what they were are highly naive and downright Idiotic.

Irony at its best!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmao, what a s**t OP. Essendon of 2000 and 2001 (until beaten by Brisbane in the Granny) were exactly the same. Were you still crying about it when your team was winning flags?

All the best sides throughout history have all had an intimidation factor about them. Suck it up princess, its part of a winners make up.
I never said Essendon weren't like it. I can see both sides to it. Was making a thread to get the opinions of others. But preferably not the trolls like you pal.

100% media. We don't do anything other teams don't do. Take a look at the MRP, guys are coping fines for belting blokes in the guts every week. Never mentioned. Our blokes do it last week and "Unsociable Hawks" is all over the press. Raines has copped his fine today for exactly that. Hopefully we'll be hearing about Unsociable Suns all week.

What do we think about the way they go about it?
Personally I don't like it, it comes across as unsporting and arrogant.
But in football terms is it really "socially" unacceptable?
Because after all football is a tough game for men. And was first devised as such.

Ohhh the envy...

Whats your thought of hardwick and wallacr in the essendon team of 2000? Saints.

Brisbane. Hawks. Essendon are 3 very dominant teams who were physical and aggressive. hell we aint half as bad as the brisbane or essendon teams either. You can argue geelong/port also had players just as aggressive and ruthless as hawthorn.

Whats your thought of hardwick and wallacr in the essendon team of 2000? Saints.

Brisbane. Hawks. Essendon are 3 very dominant teams who were physical and aggressive. hell we aint half as bad as the brisbane or essendon teams either. You can argue geelong/port also had players just as aggressive and ruthless as hawthorn.
Yep Essendon has teams/players of the same ilk.

I never said Essendon weren't like it. I can see both sides to it. Was making a thread to get the opinions of others. But preferably not the trolls like you pal.

You said :
Personally I don't like it, it comes across as unsporting and arrogant.

So ill ask again, did you start threads or get on your soap box about this when Essendon were winning everything in 2000?

When you won the Grand final against Melbourne did you shake your head in disgust when Michael Long gutlessly laid out Troy Simmonds just before half time? Did you turn to your mate next to you and say 'This is highly unsporting and arrogant' when Dean Wallis broke 18yo Brad Green's jaw.

Or really, deep down, are you just like the rest of us who dont give a s**t so long as your team wins?

Im interested to know, please amuse me.

You said :

So ill ask again, did you start threads or get on your soap box about this when Essendon were winning everything in 2000?

When you won the Grand final against Melbourne did you shake your head in disgust when Michael Long gutlessly laid out Troy Simmonds just before half time? Did you turn to your mate next to you and say 'This is highly unsporting and arrogant' when Dean Wallis broke 18yo Brad Green's jaw.

Or really, deep down, are you just like the rest of us who dont give a s**t so long as your team wins?

Im interested to know, please amuse me.
Piss off troll. You obviously can't read. I am not oblivious to Essendon's past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back