Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate threads like this so haven't really been reading this but I'll say this. If a footy player does what kyrgios does, they would say, "oh he's blowing off some steam, that's ok" "boys will be boys" "your meant to bag out the umpire, it's part of the game". I'm not saying I like everything that Krygios does but compared most people/fans at the footy, it's fairly tame. The double standard infuriates me.
Nah mate, petulance has never been embraced by the sporting public. In fact along with arrogance and poor sportsmanship it rates well as recipe for how to alienate yourself from your fans. He'd do best to pull his head in. A most punchable head at that.

Kyrgios can do whatever the f he wants. You play for yourself, not just your country.

And on Tomic's dummy spit, he is probably right. The timing of it was bad through.

Probably right? TA have done nothing but support that flog.

Nah mate, petulance has never been embraced by the sporting public. In fact along with arrogance and poor sportsmanship it rates well as recipe for how to alienate yourself from your fans. He'd do best to pull his head in. A most punchable head at that.
Petulance has never been embraced by the sporting public.

We're not talking about petulance here though.

so Kyrgious fans - what do you have to say about him tanking the 2nd set?

This kid is one of the most immature brats to come along in tennis for a long long time. Unless he smartens up, i would take great pleasure in watching him fail.

CI3WuLcUsAAp4GG.jpg

This kid is one of the most immature brats to come along in tennis for a long long time. Unless he smartens up, i would take great pleasure in watching him fail.

CI3WuLcUsAAp4GG.jpg

Yep sadly that's quite accurate. Its like those two were trying to out-w***er each other this tournament.

Doesn't matter if it's for one hit or for a whole match. It's a ******* disgrace the way he carried on. Suspend the campaigner

Hewitt eventually got a pass (and he did a lot worse than yell 'C'mon') because his play backed up his mouth.

Kyrgios and Tomic have three choices as I see it:

1. Become better players (as in top five in the world)
2. Pull their heads in
3. Hover around the top 20-50, continue to act like flogs and cop it from supporters and the media for the next ten years.

If there's a tennis match between an Australian tosser and an overseas player that seems like a decent person, I'm not supporting the Australian. The fact that the sooner the Australians are bundled out, the sooner the equally cringeworthy Fanatics piss off makes it an even easier decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say as an Australian myself he's completely lost my respect! He's a good player without question but his arrogant and poor attitude is getting on my nerves and last night's antics against Gasquet was nothing short of a disgrace!

I haven't really warmed to any Australian tennis player since Pat Rafter to be honest so it would be nice if I could get behind an Australian player for once who isn't arrogant, spoilt and downright rude to those around him. Maybe Thanasi Kokkinakis is the next hope for Australia as Tomic and Kyrgios have lost me.

If people haven't seen the "tanking" incident here it is below:

It was pathetic, inexcusable and showed a lack of respect for all involved.

But as beez said well in the Wimbledon thread, supporting him doesn't necessarily equate to condoning everything he does. I like watching him play and find some of his antics highly entertaining (e.g. sockgate, the ballboy hug, etc), so yes, I will support him. That doesn't mean I blindly accept everything he does. His attitude and behaviour needs to improve.

I'd only read about the performance last night, and saw Dawn Fraser had ripped into him. Just saw the video above now, and wow, even though that is just one game. I could understand if he were injured or carrying a cramp or something that needed attention after that game, but not changing socks. I don't mind Nick, but like others have said, it doesn't mean everything he does is perfect.

I'd only read about the performance last night, and saw Dawn Fraser had ripped into him. Just saw the video above now, and wow, even though that is just one game. I could understand if he were injured or carrying a cramp or something that needed attention after that game, but not changing socks. I don't mind Nick, but like others have said, it doesn't mean everything he does is perfect.

But it's ok for Nadal to take as long as he wants because he has OCD?

I watched his latest press conference and feel Kyrios is out of his league in dealing with the public and press conferences. He needs a very strong mentor to come in and support and teach him some control and manners.

But it's ok for Nadal to take as long as he wants because he has OCD?

Probably. Without knowing if that umpire has actually ever been responsible for what Kyrgios is accusing: a variation of that star treatment (in terms of getting the benefit in 50/50 calls or whatever) probably happens in every sport. All time greats get the benefit of the doubt. Loudmouth w***ers who've never cracked the top 20 and carry themselves as God's gift don't and if anything, they probably get the reverse.

It would have gold if the umpire had just said 'He's Rafa. You're Nick Kyrgios'. Reckon he would have got a standing ovation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back