ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Indian Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally a good level by both now. Some of these rallies are outstanding. I’m not sure who I’d bet on, probably Novak just, but he’s not exactly inspiring much confidence. Thought Nardi might fade in the final set but he’s showing no signs of faltering.

Finally a good level by both now. Some of these rallies are outstanding. I’m not sure who I’d bet on, probably Novak just, but he’s not exactly inspiring much confidence. Thought Nardi might fade in the final set but he’s showing no signs of faltering.

And he’s broken Novak who looks so lethargic out there

Meh non fussed he’s not winning on this form

Completely unnecessary comment.

Signs of decline in Djokovic or it could be that he is focused this year on the clay season (French Open/Paris Olympics). Time will tell which one it is.

Who are you to tell people who they can and cannot like?

There are multiple comments about various players when they exit a tournament worse than this one - do you find them all unnecessary?

I wouldn't read too much into it.

He had an off day, against a player who is not a rival, at a tournament that is not a slam.

The tennis season is long with lots of twists and turns

He’s been terrible all season. As bad as he’s even been in Australia and this tournament was worse. He shouldn’t be dropping sets to some scrub in round 2 let alone today’s performance

He’s been terrible all season. As bad as he’s even been in Australia and this tournament was worse. He shouldn’t be dropping sets to some scrub in round 2 let alone today’s performance
yeah, but he still made the semis of the Aus Open

With the way Carlos is playing, I would have Novak fav for the French.

yeah, but he still made the semis of the Aus Open

With the way Carlos is playing, I would have Novak fav for the French.

Semis when he was trounced not beaten but trounced and he was lucky to even get to the semis.

French and Wimbledon will tell a big story

Kostyuk putting together some very convincing performances of late. Straight set win over Pavlyuchenko to enter the QF.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself but it actually looks like she's starting to find her stride.

Also Popopva belting Paolini too, how did everyone let Paulini win a Masters 1000. Be a good QF Potato vs Kostuk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kostyuk putting together some very convincing performances of late. Straight set win over Pavlyuchenko to enter the QF.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself but it actually looks like she's starting to find her stride.
Yeah good call. She’s had a great start to the year. I’m not a fan of her but she does have an impressive toolkit. Her athleticism and defence is elite, up there with the best on tour. I question how much her mental strength and clarity under pressure will hold her back, but talent wise she could achieve pretty strong results.

Also great to see Potapova finally find a bit of form. She’s been pretty bad for months now so a QF at a 1000 is a good result. She’s got a decent record against Marta from memory so I’m hoping she’ll get up, but on form Marta wins it.

Also Popopva belting Paolini too, how did everyone let Paulini win a Masters 1000. Be a good QF Potato vs Kostuk
Some masters 1000 are vastly different to others.

They(the WTA) should have just one 1000 in the Middle East. The 2nd week, everyone was tired and over itl. rotate it between the 2. There should be a 500 event in South America and another 250.

won't happen, due to money

Some masters 1000 are vastly different to others.

They(the WTA) should have just one 1000 in the Middle East. The 2nd week, everyone was tired and over itl. rotate it between the 2. There should be a 500 event in South America and another 250.

won't happen, due to money

Agree I’d can the second one and put two 500 events there. Two 1000 events but the third one should be a week later

Swiatek beats Wozniacki who is forced to retire early second set.

Kostyuk now plays Swiatek in the semis after easily dispatching Potapova. I did have a feeling this would happen, the form lines are complete opposites even if Potato picked up a few wins here.

On the men’s side Sinner wins again. Set up for another clash against Alcaraz assuming he beats Zverev. Normally I would rate Sacha against Carlos but Zverev’s been real patchy this week. Really, the matches we all anticipated the moment the draw came out look likely to happen. Never expected Djokovic to make a deep run here, and he’s now pulled out of Miami which I’m happy about.

Novak would have to be up there with the favourites for French Open. I cannot see anyone other than Alcaraz or him winning it there. Nadal would usually be a favourite but seems very injury ridden at the moment.

Wimbledon he’d be one of the favourites too. It will probably take something extremely special to beat Sinner at Wimbledon or US Open though.

In other news, Rune better not change to longer shorts because of Medvedev’s actions. 🤣😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back