ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Rome

Remove this Banner Ad

No way Iga will get close to French open, Sabalenka will be heavy favourite to win the French

No chance if she’s in the draw Iga is odds on. Roland Garros clay is not quick clay like the last tournament where Iga lost.

Drummond that blows the womens French Open draw wide open. Rybakina was smacking Iga when she retired.
Finally finished watching both QF’s. Both high standard, Ostapenko is looking good, could she have another big FO run? Badosa played well but Ostapenko was just hitting huge.

Rybakina really turned around that match and had Swiatek on the ropes. I think it’s shaping up to be a great FO, a few contenders are emerging. Hopefully Swiatek is fit, I don’t particularly like her but you want the best fit for the biggest events.

Finally finished watching both QF’s. Both high standard, Ostapenko is looking good, could she have another big FO run? Badosa played well but Ostapenko was just hitting huge.

Rybakina really turned around that match and had Swiatek on the ropes. I think it’s shaping up to be a great FO, a few contenders are emerging. Hopefully Swiatek is fit, I don’t particularly like her but you want the best fit for the biggest events.

You and I both know Penko is just as likely to win this tournament and lose R1 at the French lol

Danstar Swiatek would be the overwhelming favourite as she won it last year for the second time, she has won Rome twice and beat Saba in Stuttgart in the final. Shame she got an innjury and won't be able to defend her Rome title. I think Saba would be beat Swiatek on grass though but that's a conversation for another day.

Danstar Swiatek would be the overwhelming favourite as she won it last year for the second time, she has won Rome twice and beat Saba in Stuttgart in the final. Shame she got an innjury and won't be able to defend her Rome title. I think Saba would be beat Swiatek on grass though but that's a conversation for another day.
I was basing my thoughts on Swiatek retiring injured

Kudermetova just flops come important stages of tournaments. So disappointing. She should be beating Kalinina on clay. Another SF loss. In the other SF, Rybakina beat Ostapenko in straights. Two things about this, Rybakina becoming an all surface threat? I would say yes. And Ostapenko, there’s no middle ground with her is there?

Rune with another annoying tactical MTO lol.

Ruud should win this from here - looks very focused.
Absolutely pathetic. And blatant cheating by now. Doesn’t even ask the umpire for the physio prior to the game, just sits on his chair and demands the physio. Of course no signs of the injury, and very next game comes out smoking FH’s. Guy is extremely unlikeable.

And now he takes the second set.

What a joke. The tour needs to grow a backbone.

I have been following tennis via the tennis podcast for the last 3 months.

those 2 have ad history.

fair to say rune is a bit of a brat. Rune reminds me of the next generation Novak. Someone a lot of people will dislike. especially compared to similar-aged Alcaraz.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clay & Hawk-eye don't mix, when you can actually see where the ball lands it shows how inaccurate it really is.

Going to watch when I get home. Medvedev‘s improvement on clay is pretty impressive but in saying that it’s not like he hasn’t had any good clay results prior to this year. He is capable, I just think he’s more focussed than ever his year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back