ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Madrid

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Connell got a nice win over Krajinovic, I'll mention it as it's probably the only win an Aussie will get here most likely. He has Fritz next. Both him and De Minaur play tomorrow night.

Murray lost in straights. He’s having a real tough time of it at the moment after a great first two months. Maybe all that mental and physical exertion early cooked him.

Day 4 highlights:
  • Wawrinka vs Rublev
  • Kalinskaya vs Rybakina
  • Alcaraz vs Ruusuvuori
  • Zverev vs Baena
  • Mattek Sands/Badosa vs Fruhvirtova x2
  • Christian vs Potapova
  • Kichenok/Zimmermann vs Andreeva x2.
Super excited to see the Fruity and Andreeva sisters in doubles action!

Casper Ruud is out at the hands of qualifier Mattel Arnaldi. How bad is he travelling this year?

Musetti loses the first set, back to his usual useless self by the looks.

Kudermetova one game away from actually winning a match.

Casper Ruud is out at the hands of qualifier Mattel Arnaldi. How bad is he travelling this year?

Flash in the pan.
Hardly any weapons that stands apart. His serve has been shocking this season.

Osorio does it! Entertaining match, but Kostyuk’s tennis smarts are non existent. Some of her shot choices are just mind blowing. Still, happy with the result, love seeing Osorio up and about!

Meanwhile if you want to see a bad match watch Muchova’s rubbish loss

First match since Melbourne. Looking forward to seeing how he plays.

This match between Rybakina and Kalinskaya is really good.

Yeah not sure I can take it with the flop fest from Rybakina

Just in such terrible form atm. Really hope he shakes some of it off before the French but it's unlikely at the rate he's going.

Andreeva sisters got the win last night! Loved seeing them play together, they had so much fun. Fruity sisters couldn’t quite get the job done, losing in the match TB.

Mirra back in action tonight, surely not…

Osorio against Sabalenka. Hard to not see her being completely overpowered but I’m sure she’ll give it a red hot crack, I love the passion she plays with.

The men, the big one is Thiem vs Tsitsipas. If Thiem can win this, I’ll start to think he’s back. For now I think his “resurgence” is because he’s barely played anyone decent.

Lehecka loses 6-1, 6-1 in 44 minutes. Ummmm, what? Was he injured? I just can’t comprehend losing in 44 minutes to a qualifier? These types of losses have happened a few times this year, concurring even despite his potential.

Happy that Rublev got the win in straight sets did think STM would win that match. Very bizarre at the coin toss. First of all they replayed the coin toss, then issues with the net then to top it off issues with the scoring equipment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GSM Andreeva 6-3, 6-3. Staggering stuff. She just doesn’t make mistakes, all whilst hitting aggressively, serving big, making stunning DTL winners, just wow. And her defence and court coverage is unreal. She anticipates so well, always moving to the next ball seemingly ahead of time. Plays Sabalenka next, yikes. Will be a good experience.

Meanwhile Badosa is destroying Gauff, who seems to be imploding.

Kudermetova finally regaining form by the looks of it, playing really well against Potapova who has played well herself. Just really solid today and the BH is firing. Nice to see her play a clean match with very few errors.

Meanwhile looks like Zverev also has found something this week but then again he seems to love playing in Madrid. A showdown with Alcaraz awaits and I’d actually give him a fair shot on these courts.

Only saw highlights but it looked like ADF/Rune was a crazy fun match, like most of Davidovich Fokina’s matches to be honest. Great to see him get a top 10 scalp, and given he only made 2R here last year, he looks set to rise back up the rankings. He’s way too talented to be unseeded for the French. Plays Coric next then in his section it’s two unseeded players for the QF spot, so honestly, he should reach the semis.

Zverev absolutely blitzed his qualifier opponent, and like Tsitsipas the other day, he went on a ridiculous first serve streak also. Alcaraz next.

Really good match between Kudermetova and Potapova. Excellent standard and a lot of fun. Andreeva plays Sabalenka tonight. Cannot see Mirra getting more than half a dozen games, Aryna is just such a beast and is always so focussed. Badosa plays Sakkari which should be fun, and Swiatek plays Alexandrova who like Kudermetova, finally appears to have regained some form.

Shevchenko up a double break at 3-0 against Medvedev. He plays such aggressive tennis. Why do I feel like this set isn’t over yet though…

Last night on bein sports not much tennis due to the showing football. My question is I'm switching to kayo end of year and will they show tennis matches like last night. Then on Saturday night no women's matches at all. Drummond what streaming platform were you watching on.

Last night on bein sports not much tennis due to the showing football. My question is I'm switching to kayo end of year and will they show tennis matches like last night. Then on Saturday night no women's matches at all. Drummond what streaming platform were you watching on.
Oh beinsports connect, on the list of channels sometimes it lets you scroll down and there will be extra channels you can select. But I don’t know how this is different to having beinsports through say Foxtel and if there’s extras are available? I’ve got a little overboard and I’ve got bein (surplus, don’t really need it although their casting is by far the easiest), tennis TV for the ATP and WTA TV for the women’s. I’m done with being stuck with matches I don’t want to watch lol. Kayo looks good, their streaming options look good, but I’ve never had it so can’t really comment/compare. WTA TV is good value though at $100 for 12 months.

Love watching Medevdev play on clay. It's madness, you can tell he hates the surface and the frustration comes out, watching him try and work it out I'd interesting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back