ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Cincinnati

Remove this Banner Ad

Gauff and Muchova win, wow, didn't expect either to win. Gauff could win a 500/1000 consecutively, impressive. Think she’s got a new addition to her coaching staff, can’t put my finger on who it is.

Hurkacz just choked MP vs Alcaraz.

Gauff and Muchova win, wow, didn't expect either to win. Gauff could win a 500/1000 consecutively, impressive. Think she’s got a new addition to her coaching staff, can’t put my finger on who it is.

Hurkacz just choked MP vs Alcaraz.
She does. Brad Gilbert iirc.

Much needed and has obviously worked wonders. She is a real shot at the us open. Beating swaitek is MASSIVE.

Carlos keeps winning ugly. Not sure if it's a good sign or not.

Happy for Muchova but would be ripe to lose round 1 again if she gets a bad draw. Struggles to stay fit.

ITFs are great to attend. Gold coin entry. Lots to see. Up and comers (you could have seen a future #1 playing not so many years ago) and admirable journey-men & women. Short queue for a pie or soft drink chatting to a Davis or Fed Cup player.

Remember being on a work trip about 10 years back. Stuck in Cairns for the weekend but there was an ITF on. I was the only one in the stands for a semi I think. Had my laptop with me and was chatting about the match and reporting scores to fans from round the world.

Then I noticed some coach or official pointing at me. I'm thinking what's up? I guess it was because they thought i was something to do with betting. Damn those gamblers for spoiling sport.
The players get so much crap from these same gamblers.

I like to gamble but you have issues if you abuse players because you lost money. Wish twitter did something about it.

you have issues if you abuse players because you lost money. Wish twitter did something about it.

Yes - it was bad enough in the years before social media where just jockeys got yelled at as horse-racing was the only real thing to bet on every week.

I liked having a punt back in the day but the only person I yelled at was myself for being so stupid lol

Sad to see young kids abused on twitter by guys who only even care about the sport cos they might win a few bucks instead of working for a living.

Yes and no.
Max, like I said, have boosted his ranking via Challenger Tour BUT he has got into ATP Tour form.
De Minaur? Nope. He’s becoming an easy win v top 10-50. He’s had a poor season tbh.

Rankings still have a biased approach, IMO.
ADM is at a career high for wins against the top 10 this season

Alcaraz vs Djokovic on at 6:30, Djokovic in fine form while Alcaraz is struggling a little.
Alcaraz a bit lucky to win his SF against Hurkacz after dropping a set in his QF against the Challenger King Purcell while Novak beat Zverev in a tight one after pumping Fritz.

34 degrees, ”feels like” 37. Djokovic the one struggling in the heat. After going up 4-2 he’s now trailing a break 6-5.

Was playing at a really good level until the heat started to affect him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a match, both looked drained.

Shows the gulf between the top 2 and the rest whatever order you want to put them in. Just let them rest until the US Open final and we can be done there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back