Preview Round 15: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Friday 7:50pm, 10/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Base changes to be 1:1 re injury or suspension...Hammer can match Wood, Bean for Griff if he didn't come up with Ty at CHF.

I thought Lambert did ok last week...good for him...I wasn't against his skillset re the Swans...more so his fitness base. Gordon to hold his spot as well. Newy & Hunt are the other 2 that polarise.

Fair to say it's nice to have tweaking options when we brawl over the best tactical 19-22.

Bean and Lennon VFL highlights on RFC website.
Looks like they'll both be starting this week.
Lennon also on Talking Tigers this week - kid speaks well actually.
Not sure who comes out for him though.... Lambert? Possibly....

You've completely missed the point about cruising into finals on easy wins. Every team has injuries. We are still,even with these two out, doing well on that front.

Personally hate hollow wins against understrength bottom 4 teams. Maybe that's just me.

Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo etc all cruise to finals with easy wins against injury depleted sides. It's often easier for these teams now as some lesser teams 'rest' their stars against them and keep them for games they are a chance to win. Bulldogs did it with Bont this year and the Dees did it against someone resting Hogan....

It is what it is. I'll take a premiership if we played 25 games against injury-riddled opposition.... no problems at all. We've overcome milestone games and games where we have been given no chance so far this year, if we get an easier week one week, I won't complain. You can though.

Base changes to be 1:1 re injury or suspension...Hammer can match Wood, Bean for Griff if he didn't come up with Ty at CHF.

I thought Lambert did ok last week...good for him...I wasn't against his skillset re the Swans...more so his fitness base. Gordon to hold his spot as well. Newy & Hunt are the other 2 that polarise.

Fair to say it's nice to have tweaking options when we brawl over the best tactical 19-22.
Gordon played well and should be retained. Sixteen possessions and one goal, one behind are enough.
I've got a feeling that Newy & Hunt won't be touched.
The club is trying to develop Hunt in to a regular, and Newy gets a game because, well...* knows.

Last edited:
Gordon played well and should be retained. Sixteen possession and one goal, one behind are enough.
I've got a feeling that Newy & Hunt won't be touched.
The club is trying to develop Hunt in to a regular, and Newy gets a game because, well...**** knows.
* Blocking my mind from the horrible visual your name raises *

Happy with Vlaus on the HBF...means Hunt continues to get the last posi. He has been afforded a sustained run, no MC love for Dea and Morris down there atm.

Gordon for Morris was the MC admitting we needed more offence. I do think we can trial/develope a youngster instead of Newy...

Morris is an interesting one... the failed forward experiment - got a really long run at it.
Now that he is out, hard to see him getting back barring a catastrophic injury plague... *

* Now we patiently await Thursday's team to find Morro back in "to provide manic defensive pressure".... :oops:

Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo etc all cruise to finals with easy wins against injury depleted sides. It's often easier for these teams now as some lesser teams 'rest' their stars against them and keep them for games they are a chance to win. Bulldogs did it with Bont this year and the Dees did it against someone resting Hogan....

It is what it is. I'll take a premiership if we played 25 games against injury-riddled opposition.... no problems at all. We've overcome milestone games and games where we have been given no chance so far this year, if we get an easier week one week, I won't complain. You can though.
I like how you stretched it from making the finals to winning the whole show. Even if we get some wins against injury riddled sides, at no point this season will we be in a position to 'rest' players. There's an argument for getting a few 'cheap' wins if it results in a top four. But I'll stick with my battle hardened team thanks. (Although I will take your up with the fairies easy run against injury plagued teams premiership cup!)

Morris is an interesting one... the failed forward experiment - got a really long run at it.
Now that he is out, hard to see him getting back barring a catastrophic injury plague... *

* Now we patiently await Thursday's team to find Morro back in "to provide manic defensive pressure".... :oops:
What I found interesting is that Morro's last 3 games were a relative improvement on his first 7 up there. The MC went through all the investment pain but junked him when it looked like he was showing upside. Gordon comes in and it's a 1:1 swap, maybe even better. So what was the point Im wondering.

Donuts big defensive numbers in the vfl answered my main concern on him. him for lambert and Lennon for newman

Would be surprised if it's Lambert Rf...all young fellas have been given 3-4 games, except Ben and Biscuits after the Dees.

I think the two in the gun would be Hunt and Newy...Newy isn't stinking the joint up but he is marginal...Hunt can butcher but he is hard at it and the back 6 has a groove atm. 1 change possible...Newy...and both lads first in re any injuries anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree 100%:)

Forget about Lennon and McDonuts, we already have 2 forced changes and we wont be making anymore, Dimma spoke a few weeks ago about having a more settled lineup compared to earlier in the year where we were making 3-4 changes a week, he will not be making anymore changes other than the two.

IN: Hampson and McBean
OUT: Maric and Griffiths

I like how you stretched it from making the finals to winning the whole show. Even if we get some wins against injury riddled sides, at no point this season will we be in a position to 'rest' players. There's an argument for getting a few 'cheap' wins if it results in a top four. But I'll stick with my battle hardened team thanks. (Although I will take your up with the fairies easy run against injury plagued teams premiership cup!)

At which point did I suggest we do this? I was talking about lesser teams, not about top 4 or 6 teams....

I'd like us to beat the best at their best as well. That would mean we are the best.... right now though, we aren't. Just making the finals gives players vital experience that may help them become the best in future. It's more important for us to make it, however we can, than to worry about beating teams at full strength/half strength no strength. There's a saying in football... you can only beat the team that you play. Nothing is truer....

Oh and the premiership was a hypothetical. The fact you thought I was suggesting we will worries me. You have a lot to learn about football forums....

Forget about Lennon and McDonuts, we already have 2 forced changes and we wont be making anymore, Dimma spoke a few weeks ago about having a more settled lineup compared to earlier in the year where we were making 3-4 changes a week, he will not be making anymore changes other than the two.

IN: Hampson and McBean
OUT: Maric and Griffiths

Will it be a touch wet on Friday? Maybe just Hammer and a mid-sized player? Like Lennon?

If there is one Carlton player who will be happy to see Morris left out it will be Yarren.

Dead set change your avatar else I am going to key your car, like 10 bloody times! I SAID 10 TIMES

Abuse of umpire, free kick and fifty meters *poncy backwards run, waving hands in the air like I just don't care*

At which point did I suggest we do this? I was talking about lesser teams, not about top 4 or 6 teams....

I'd like us to beat the best at their best as well. That would mean we are the best.... right now though, we aren't. Just making the finals gives players vital experience that may help them become the best in future. It's more important for us to make it, however we can, than to worry about beating teams at full strength/half strength no strength. There's a saying in football... you can only beat the team that you play. Nothing is truer....

Oh and the premiership was a hypothetical. The fact you thought I was suggesting we will worries me. You have a lot to learn about football forums....
Sorry I did misread where you said the lesser teams rest players, not the top teams. However, you've taken it of course again. I was focussing on wanting to play Carlton and teams around them at full strength, not the top 4 teams. You seemed to be suggesting getting an easy run in against injury depleted teams every week would be ideal.

I agree getting finals experience for this team would be great. I guess I differ to you on the ideal preparation going into the finals.

However, due to my lack of footy forum knowledge, I will leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back