Preview Round 15 - Port Adelaide vs Collingwood, Adelaide Oval, 9/7/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Port have been playing average footy for most of the year. Lots of reasons for our drop-off in form but I still can't believe we're that bad. Maybe it's blind faith but I wouldn't be surprised if we claim one or two big scalps during the rest of the season. Starting tomorrow night would be nice.

This is probably the most frustrating thing for me this season. We've been playing great footy...in patches. Our first quarter against Sydney was good enough, if we had maintained that we would have won. We could have had at least 3-4 more wins if we had just hit our targets or not been so terrible with our goal kicking. Too many poor, confidence sapping losses. We're not resilient or hard enough at the ball this year. It's almost as if we're not a Ken Hinkkey coached team.

Crown & Anchor (196 Grenfell St, Adelaide), 5-7pm. It's a bit of a dive and about a 10 minute walk from the ground, but hey....... it's cheap jugs (includes Coopers Sparkling/Red)

I like the Crankor! Classic Australian pubs are dying out, and I'm terribly nostalgic for a time and place I have no idea about! I'll most likely be there or the Exeter.

Jonas dropped.

Carlile injured.

So Trengove in for Carlile. So O'Shea or Clurey to come in for Jonas? Clurey has looked like he's not ready previously, compared to O'Shea who was integral to our team last year. However if we're looking at the future Clurey may well be it.

I like the Crankor! Classic Australian pubs are dying out, and I'm terribly nostalgic for a time and place I have no idea about! I'll most likely be there or the Exeter.

I'm not saying that in a bad way, but the place IS a dive....... doesn't stop me going there pretty much every week to catch up with mates though :)

Thursday 9 July
Summary
partly-cloudy.png

Min 8
Max 16
Partly cloudy.
Adelaide area
Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the afternoon and evening. Light winds.

The game will be close

Collingwood to get out of the blocks quick and get a 2-3 goal lead early.
We'll peg it back and the game will be close at half time
Collingwood will come out in the 3rd quarter and smash us and get out to a 5-6 goal lead
We'll peg it back in the last quarter, get to about 2 goals behind then stop

Collingwood by 11 points

Sounds vaguely familiar :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About time Jonas was dropped, his terrible form as the weakest link down back has only contributed to costing us 3-4 close wins this year no big deal.

Agreed, TJ has been the weakest link all season, he should have been dropped at least a month ago.
Ken's continued faith in a number of underperforming players has bitten him on the arse bigtime, and all but consigned season 2015 to the rubbish bin, if it hasn't already.

It will be very interesting to see what the other 2 or 3 changes will be, and while I'm hoping for a win tomorrow night against the wobblers, that is all I have atm - Hope!

Please, please PLEASE dont bring back Mitchell!!!

My changes would be...

OUT
Jonas
Carlile
Monfres
Moore

IN
Clurey
Trengove
Neade
Amon

Were all but at the stage of our season where we throw a couple of lads into the fire... Palmer, Harvey, Frampton, DBJ could all get a few games to see how they look on the main stage (even knowing that they realistically arent ready yet)

About time Jonas was dropped, his terrible form as the weakest link down back has only contributed to costing us 3-4 close wins this year no big deal.

TJ needed to be dropped for his own sanity, it was painful to watch.

It would be interesting to see how his opponents have faired against him, I wouldn't be surprised if it was break even.

Most criticially, TJ has been letting himself down with skills which have probably in itself contributed to more defensive errors than his one on one work.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is carrying some sort of injury too, there was one period of play against the Swans where his lateral movement looked really slow.

Maybe Monfries. Apart from I have NFI either, might be playing some games I think.

Maybe it is just me but I think Monfries has been ok for most of the year as a defensive forward.

It would be a hard gig for anyone in the whole league to fire in our forward half given the delivery.

No matter what, I'd like to see Amon back in the team this week and given the rest of the year to get his confidence up so he can take it into 2016. Might be worthwhile to keep Moore in the side, whilst I like him as a player, to work up his trade value.

Please, please PLEASE dont bring back Mitchell!!!

My changes would be...

OUT
Jonas
Carlile
Monfres
Moore

IN
Clurey
Trengove
Neade
Amon

Were all but at the stage of our season where we throw a couple of lads into the fire... Palmer, Harvey, Frampton, DBJ could all get a few games to see how they look on the main stage (even knowing that they realistically arent ready yet)
Agree with your changes, but the lads you've mentioned about throwing into the fire aren't ready. Only Harvey has shown the potential to deserve a game. The others aren't there yet.

The more I look through our list we really have cut too many players and brought in too many deep draft selections the last couple years. We have way too many on our list who aren't ready for AFL. This year we really have to go to the draft with a bare minimum number of picks and develop our kids, but of course thats dependant upon the selection numbers we end up with.

Maybe it is just me but I think Monfries has been ok for most of the year as a defensive forward.

It would be a hard gig for anyone in the whole league to fire in our forward half given the delivery.
He just offers little offensively. He attracts the ball but rarely wins contests and relies on out the back goals. For me he is not quick enough, not elusive enough and offers no real x factor up forward. I think it is time to replace him with Neade and develop Neade. He will be great defensively, he'll add some excitement and he adds a lot of speed and x factor.

He just offers little offensively. He attracts the ball but rarely wins contests and relies on out the back goals. For me he is not quick enough, not elusive enough and offers no real x factor up forward. I think it is time to replace him with Neade and develop Neade. He will be great defensively, he'll add some excitement and he adds a lot of speed and x factor.

Schulz will get 'rested'..

I'm hoping with a few changes the blokes stepping in will play out of their skins and inspire the rest to do the same.

What have we got to lose (yes i know apart from the game :eek:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back