Preview Round 15 - Port Adelaide vs Collingwood, Adelaide Oval, 9/7/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez m8 a post like that is likely to challenge the laws of physics here in SA.
Way too reasoned and complimentary to us. Confused?,don't be, our biggest mistake is to exist.

I'm a well travelled Pies fan so I'm able to offer a pretty objective opinion on these matters lol

J1/J2/J1X (Double Decker, peak times only different city route to the first two). Direct airport to the city, J1/J2 drops off Currie/Grenfell St. Price of a normal ticket, no Melbourne Skybus like high costs. Grab a single trip from the driver (unltd bustraintram travel two hours from validation)
More info www.adelaidemetro.com.au :)

P.S.don't forget the Game Day Village for cheap beers and food, its to the left when you exit the Riverbank Bridge (DO NOT GO UPSTAIRS to the Fans Bar, it is a rort from the SMA)
Enjoy the progress!

Thanks mate wesome info !

The chances of us winning enough games to make the 8 from here is minimal to nil, not with games against an emotional Adelaide, Hawthorn away and then Freo in the last round. Thats not including GWS & the Dogs who will be needing wins to make the 8.

I've just done the predictor with us beating everyone except Hawthorn & Freo and we finish 9th.

With that Freo game in Round 23, more than likely they'll have a home QF already confirmed so they'll send Peel Thunder over to play us.

The game will be close

Collingwood to get out of the blocks quick and get a 2-3 goal lead early.
We'll peg it back and the game will be close at half time
Collingwood will come out in the 3rd quarter and smash us and get out to a 5-6 goal lead
We'll peg it back in the last quarter, get to about 2 goals behind then stop

Collingwood by 11 points

The difference between us and Collingwood at the moment is that they are playing as a team and we are not.

Each Collingwood player is playing their role to help the team win. While at Port, we are currently relying upon a few individuals to get the job done (Gray, Wingard are the most obvious ones). Until that changes, we have no hope of winning a game of footy.
Exactimondo.

We will win by 6 goals with a more consistent effort across the board. Skills will be much better and it will be the start of a 3 game winning streak :)

There has been some pattern following our season so far:

Lost 2 (FRE, SYD)
Won 3 (NM, HAW, ADEL)
Lost 3 (WCE, BRIS, RICH)
Won 2 (MELB, WB)
Lost the last 3... (GEEL, CARL, SYD)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-07-07/power-pies-to-jointly-commemorate-walsh

"Players from both clubs will wear black armbands and pause for one minute's silence before the start of the match.

Collingwood has also agreed to a request from Port Adelaide that no club theme songs be played during the run out and that traditional run-through banners not be used.

Power players will not run out to Rudimenta's "Not Giving In", however its tradtitional pre-bounce anthem "Never Tear Us Apart" will remain."

This game has "Port surge to a 40 point lead midway through the third only for Collingwood to reel it in and win in "inspirational" style as random teens/young adults wearing no particular teams colours celebrate post final siren having not made a peep all game" written all over it.

Can someone explain to me how scrapping club songs and banners is supposed to be respectful? I'm not up in arms about it or anything, but I don't really understand the connection.

Yeah, as I said on the other relevant thread, I'm not sure stripping bread'n'butter aspects of football culture does much to pay tribute to a man who lived and breathed football.

Nearly, if not all games that have meant something to us we've lost. Collingwood to win by 8 points... i'm hoping i'm wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back