Round 18 - Gold Coast v West Coast, Metricon, 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

We blew this game and you blew the Melbourne game. Let's say we're even.
yeah, hindsight is funny, people still saying we 'blew it' against the dogs. Incredibly disrespectful to the Doggies. Even Melbourne have 6 wins already this year.

and who knows, this might be the start of a turn around in form for the GC.

Beats me. Tiger71 you're one of the better Richmond posters on this forum, why are you always sticking the boot in?

Honestly answer is that normally Im all OK with WC. I even was hoping you did well at the start believe it or not but you have around 4-5 eagles supporters who in every single game day thread with the tigers involved, kept on throwing the boots in. It was relentless. So I figured to give back a bit.

i really think both teams need to go really hard next weekend. Leave nothing out there. For the loser it is pretty much season over.

Season over? Top four, let alone top 8 and its season over??

Obviously worried about the derby - the Eagles being second would be causing so much angst for docker supporters. The meltdown that would ensue should the Eagles get another premiership before them would be of titanic proportion

Obviously worried about the derby - the Eagles being second would be causing so much angst for docker supporters. The meltdown that would ensue should the Eagles get another premiership before them would be of titanic proportion
I was going to add that conversely it's season over for the dockers if the Hawks win.

It's a tough road trip, the Dockers just fell over thew line up there and the Eagles blew a perfect opportunity to cement a top two spot, they looked flat and slow as a three toed sloth against the Suns. I've changed my pick for next week and will tip Hawthorn. The Eagles maybe hitting a flat spot at the wrong time of the year? You just can't switch off and switch on again and the Hawks are not the side to be playing after a long trip across the country playing disinterested football!!

Last edited:
It's a tough road trip, the Dockers just fell over thew line up there and the Eagles blew a perfect opportunity to cement a top two spot, they looked flat and slow as a three toed sloth against the Suns. I've changed my pick for next week and will tip Hawthorn. The Eagles maybe hitting a flat spot at the wrong time of they year? You just can't switch off and switch on again and the Hawks are not the side to be playing after a long trip across the country playing disinterested football!!

Fair enough but this week and this game was a bit weird for a number of reasons. Hawthorn looked pretty flat to me too. Should be a cracking game either way.

If Gold Coast finished 2nd one year and win final one ....prelim is at Gold Coast in front of 8000 people and four dogs and three cats ......

That will be a very sad day

Stop talking out of your arse champ. A prelim on the Gold Coast could easily fill a 40,000 seat stadium.

Fair enough but this week and this game was a bit weird for a number of reasons. Hawthorn looked pretty flat to me too. Should be a cracking game either way.
Well. i'm looking at a September point of view, i would love to see the two Perth teams finish one and two on the ladder just to make it all that more interesting...i don't want to see a one horse race, so i was very happy to see the Tigers get up. The game needs a cracking finals series and it might not be such a bad idea if the Eagles played the Dockers in the GF? I just couldn't believe how slow the Eagles looked last night.

images
If the Eagles win it this year Ross the Boss might be calling the Blues himself.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop talking out of your arse champ. A prelim on the Gold Coast could easily fill a 40,000 seat stadium.

Sorry .....

But really GWS and GCS are what I called puppet teams

They were created to put on a show ...puppets

They are manufactured by the afl ....pulling the strings ...

No one bar a few thousands actually cares for either team .....no footy passion at all

Sorry to be so darn critical but when you have a whole state like Tasmania that doesn't have a team and you have two fabricated disco shows I think the eh art has been ripped out of our game

How many young players will the Gold Coast area produce in say ten years ....

I maintain my opinion and hey it's only my feelings so don't be offended but when a GWS or GCS play in a prelim in front of handful of people with a stupid trumpet after every goal it will be out doing something else and frankly I reckon most others won't give a rats either

The competition did t need two extra teams and if it by chance it did the two spots chosen were the really really bad choices

You've got a basket case in the Brisbane Lions struggling on the feild, memberships and crowds and youve got the afl handing success to Gold Coast ..........ummm sorry that's just stupid logic

Sorry .....

No one bar a few thousands actually cares for either team .....no footy passion at all

Sorry to be so darn critical but when you have a whole state like Tasmania that doesn't have a team and you have two fabricated disco shows I think the eh art has been ripped out of our game

I maintain my opinion and hey it's only my feelings so don't be offended but when a GWS or GCS play in a prelim in front of handful of people with a stupid trumpet after every goal it will be out doing something else and frankly I reckon most others won't give a rats either

The competition did t need two extra teams and if it by chance it did the two spots chosen were the really really bad choices

You've got a basket case in the Brisbane Lions struggling on the feild, memberships and crowds and youve got the afl handing success to Gold Coast ..........ummm sorry that's just stupid logic

Hmm, show me where the AFL has ever believed that the Gold Coast and Western Sydney are 10 year projects and then I'll listen.

No one is under any illusion that these teams will take decades to become successful.

I'm a Tasmanian and we really aren't strong enough to support a team I believe. Most would adopt Tassie as a second team, not priority team.

And by the way, all the non-Vic teams bar Port were created, manufactured, for the purposes of expanding to create a nation wide league. How on earth can you argue any different re: Eagles and Dockers? Seriously? Your clubs have been (well, WC on field) extremely successful, but WA is a footy area.

In 20-25 years we will probably get 2 new teams and GWS and GC fans will be posting "your team is manufactured! created for the purposes of money and entertainment!" :rolleyes:

And further, I don't even understand why it's a big thing. Every club was created at some stage?

Lastly, why wouldn't the crowds be greater in finals for GC and GWS? They'd probably go close to increasing their crowds by 50% imo.

Hmm, show me where the AFL has ever believed that the Gold Coast and Western Sydney are 10 year projects and then I'll listen.

No one is under any illusion that these teams will take decades to become successful.

I'm a Tasmanian and we really aren't strong enough to support a team I believe. Most would adopt Tassie as a second team, not priority team.

And by the way, all the non-Vic teams bar Port were created, manufactured, for the purposes of expanding to create a nation wide league. How on earth can you argue any different re: Eagles and Dockers? Seriously? Your clubs have been (well, WC on field) extremely successful, but WA is a footy area.

In 20-25 years we will probably get 2 new teams and GWS and GC fans will be posting "your team is manufactured! created for the purposes of money and entertainment!" :rolleyes:

And further, I don't even understand why it's a big thing. Every club was created at some stage?

Lastly, why wouldn't the crowds be greater in finals for GC and GWS? They'd probably go close to increasing their crowds by 50% imo.

Good post and thanks

Fremantle population isn't big

Nor is geelongs

Tasmania could have easily sustained a team ......you pack out the Hawks and Roos games

The tassie Devils ...........even sounds like a team instead of wanky American crap like Suns and giants which are so yank copies if you ask me .....

I also think the comp did t need two new teams in non footy States .....

Sorry .....

No idea...

Oh btw do you remember the eaglettes? And you're having a go at a Trumpet ?

And go back and look at crowds for west coast in years 1,2,3. 10k at metricon is on par with 15-20k at the waca/subi. With some success the crowds came in perth. And they will here too.

Good post and thanks

Fremantle population isn't big

Nor is geelongs

Tasmania could have easily sustained a team ......you pack out the Hawks and Roos games

The tassie Devils ...........even sounds like a team instead of wanky American crap like Suns and giants which are so yank copies if you ask me .....

I also think the comp did t need two new teams in non footy States .....
How is the golf down albany way?

No idea...

Oh btw do you remember the eaglettes? And you're having a go at a Trumpet ?

And go back and look at crowds for west coast in years 1,2,3. 10k at metricon is on par with 15-20k at the waca/subi. With some success the crowds came in perth. And they will here too.

The Brisbane Lions got supporters when winning too ...have a look at lions crowds at the Gabba now

The Brisbane Lions got supporters when winning too ...have a look at lions crowds at the Gabba now
Yeh. And look at carlton crowds now. And ess crowds now. And conversely look at richmond crowds now. In most sports for most clubs crowds go up and down with form.
In perth with price gouging clubs and worst stadium ever, it still hapens but not tosame extent (as people have been promised a stadium for 20 years so hold on to their memberships to guarantee a seat in redeveloped subi/new kitchener park/redeveloped subi/new burswood stadiums). In the meantime seats go empty partic during the lean ken judge years, the damian drum era, etc even though membership sky high.

you-dont-say-nicholas-cage-760.jpg

Thanks mate, I didn't know that. What a great service you are to us plebs.

No problem, you obviously had Aussie Rules confused with soccer, where the team that scores most goals wins. Happy to clear things up for you and the other "plebs" who may have thought that a team scoring 10 goals and 1 behind (61) defeats an opponent who scored 5 goals 32 behinds (62).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back