No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally feel our club will move onwards and upwards in the unlikely event Danger goes.

It is he who will miss out.
Perhaps Danger needs to be reminded of Buckley who chose to go to Collingwood to win a premiership - and he missed out on 3 with the Lions.

My favourite is when someone asks Mahlepi something over there. Like "Hey Mahlepi, are we into Bennell?"

Like...they actually BELIEVE him. It's astounding.

Folks - I've been giving Mahlepi the appropriate, IMO, treatment from some of his posts in the other danger thread.
For the record I've got no issues with this specific post - but I do need you to appreciate that if you name a poster from another board in a crows only thread and bad mouth them, I do consider it unfair and a form of trolling. Especially given he can't respond here.

I had 2 lots of chips with sauce. Was a great game for sauces. Did anyone see the Dangerfield's + Harwood's at the game? They must've been there somewhere.

I was screaming at Tex for that checkside in the 2nd quarter, control over power! I was very worried then.

Same. Could've easily given it off to Jenkins as well. Texan :mad:

I think the "I want success" line was always a veil, very selfish sort of thing to say which I wouldn't expect from Danger just generally, would have been the easiest excuse at the time no doubt.

the success card is clearly well and truly off the table now, I said a long time ago that it would have to be a gut-wrenching decision for him to leave the club and all the boys. It will be entirely based on matters outside of footy and its hard to begrudge him of that, although you'd have to expect big things are at play for him to consider leaving.
I always saw the "I want success" line as a message to OUR club to get their act together. With Walsh and Fagan we were. Now one half - a pretty important half - of the equation is missing. Is he waiting to see who is coach?

I had 2 lots of chips with sauce. Was a great game for sauces. Did anyone see the Dangerfield's + Harwood's at the game? They must've been there somewhere.

Same. Could've easily given it off to Jenkins as well. Texan :mad:
I love the bloke, but he is a real Boxhead sometimes!

The thing that bothers me the most about his contract situation, other then he fact he hasn't signed, is that at no stage has he declared his want to play here next year. No flag in the ground no statement that is positive about him staying
Because he hasn't made his mind up? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea, but all I can see is how he is with the club right now and he is enjoying himself, fully behind the whole team from the top level down to the reserves guys and the leadership he has displayed has been outstanding all while having his best season ever and fixing up his own deficiencies too. All I can think is why would you want to leave this club?

I so want to believe you here Nikki :)

As someone who's moved around for my career I can say that the pull of going home really only becomes a factor when your kids reach about 5 and have to settle into a school. Before then, going home to see the family once or twice a year are special visits, and going home every Christmas is a memorable annual ritual. There's something exciting about forging a life for yourself away from your family - it's part of growing up and opening yourself to life's adventure.

Of course if your job is sh1t you just want to go home and re-set.....but I'm pretty sure Danger likes where his footy career is at right now.

I don't get this. If you want a player at the club, wouldn't you want him to sign ASAP regardless of the scenario instead of trying to do the right thing by him? WTF? So if he wants to leave, we'll even help him pack his bags?
These are not normal circumstances though. The Club is without a senior coach, and at the time of Walsh's death, we weren't exactly setting the world on fire with our football. It makes perfect sense to say to him - let's see how the season pans out, and who the senior coach is, and then you can make an informed decision with much of the emotion removed.

The huge difference here is, Paddy hasn't just sat in the background seeing how it all goes, he's been head first into everything, ensuring WE have a successful season. And he very well could have chucked a wobbly seeing as Tex was named captain and not him. He is an incredible young man. His parents should be very proud of him. I reckon Walshy would be too. He is absolutely living the "team first" philosophy.

These are not normal circumstances though. The Club is without a senior coach, and at the time of Walsh's death, we weren't exactly setting the world on fire with our football. It makes perfect sense to say to him - let's see how the season pans out, and who the senior coach is, and then you can make an informed decision with much of the emotion removed.

The huge difference here is, Paddy hasn't just sat in the background seeing how it all goes, he's been head first into everything, ensuring WE have a successful season. And he very well could have chucked a wobbly seeing as Tex was named captain and not him. He is an incredible young man. His parents should be very proud of him. I reckon Walshy would be too. He is absolutely living the "team first" philosophy.

He seems to be fully into engaging with the members

I have no idea, but all I can see is how he is with the club right now and he is enjoying himself, fully behind the whole team from the top level down to the reserves guys and the leadership he has displayed has been outstanding all while having his best season ever and fixing up his own deficiencies too. All I can think is why would you want to leave this club?

I noticed yesterday when they ran out on to the field that Danger stood to the side, patted every player on the back and said something to them as they ran past.

He's grown this year from a guy that I was concerned wasn't going to take that final step to becoming elite to now being an absolute class act both as a player and a leader.

I noticed yesterday when they ran out on to the field that Danger stood to the side, patted every player on the back and said something to them as they ran past.

He's grown this year from a guy that I was concerned wasn't going to take that final step to becoming elite to now being an absolute class act both as a player and a leader.
I think he's been doing that since the tragedy. It's great.

He has always high fived every player (bar Tex and Sloane from memory). think it's a superstition thing (like Macca who always ran around the banner, rather than through it).

I so want to believe you here Nikki :)

You cant really doubt any of my statements there though? ;) From his mentoring the younger players to going to sanfl games every week and then on field as well sometimes sacrificing his own game for the good of team, he has been nothing short of impressive this year. Then there was the way he played in that first West Coast game was just insane and so, so driven. If not for the cut lip we would have definitely had a closer result I think there.

As someone who's moved around for my career I can say that the pull of going home really only becomes a factor when your kids reach about 5 and have to settle into a school. Before then, going home to see the family once or twice a year are special visits, and going home every Christmas is a memorable annual ritual. There's something exciting about forging a life for yourself away from your family - it's part of growing up and opening yourself to life's adventure.

Of course if your job is sh1t you just want to go home and re-set.....but I'm pretty sure Danger likes where his footy career is at right now.

I haven't moved around, but have 3 young children. Having both sets of parents living less than 20 minutes away is definitely a big help, both in terms of them being there for looking after the kids, but just support in general.

I imagine my wife would have been a lot more stressed with baby #1 if she didn't have parents close by to lean on for support.

Now Danger would be on just a little bit more coin than me (just a lazy $900k+), so Mardi wouldn't have to worry about returning to work, or worry about the cost of child care or babysitters. They could probably also afford to fly their parents in for weeks at a time. However, that's still not the same as having them live 20 minutes down the road.

I still think he will stay, but I can see how it would be a tough choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back