Player Watch Charlie Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

:p:thumbsu:
haha hughesy and the footy show are so funny :p:thumbsu:
291jdon.png

:(

We received a high round two pick for Nathan Krakouer when he left us didn't we ? Doesn't the Goldy boys owe us one lol ( yeah I know it doesn't work that way) I am aware of Dixons potential, but that comes with a potential price. I personally viewed what Essendon received from us for Paddy was rather generous considering the cloud that young man is living under.

I hope our club gets this trade rite. I didn't think Shulzy would leave port but that's a possibility rite now. Time will tell, I have a feeling if he is traded we will get at least their first rounder. That to me is a fair deal if we trade for 18, considering Dixons known issues.

Lol

Gold coast board be like

"Dixon wants to stay , and no one actually knows he is leaving its just hear-say no one knows if it's true"

Then immediately after

"Port are paying him $3 million over 5 years so they have to give us their first pick!"

Dixon to port?

#thisisnttrue

It was about 6 weeks ago that all and sundry in the moronic media where claiming port would b going on a fire sale to get back under the cap. Now this same mob reckon there's 700k a year just sitting there, on top of the stash for the W's.

They can't be right on both accounts, why don't they admit they got the cap story wrong and didn't understand the rule.

They are 12.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

700k per year is clearly inaccurate. Most likely a back ended contract in anticipation for the increase in salary cap with the new TV rights deal.

Regardless, I feel the $3.5M over 5 years isn't quite right either. I guess time will tell.

$700k, geez. That'll be the end of Jay and Butch will probably be rookie listed at best.
$700k a year for 5 years is bullshit. He will be on $400-$550k in year 1 and with bonuses incntives etc might be on $700k by year 5. In 2013 only 22 AFL players made $700k or more and in 2014 there were only 20 on $700k or more. From page 127 of the 2014 AFL Annual Report.

upload_2015-9-4_0-20-59.png

just out of curiousity, is Seb Tape still on the cards?

and I believe Gold Coast has one end of first round compensation pick left, could this be factored into a trade to us perhaps? if it is, we could potentially offer our first (~#12) and second picks (~#31) and a player like Andrew Moore to Gold Coast for Dixon, Tape and (~#21)

Gold Coast would still have #4 and #24, we should still manage to draft a decent player with #21, that's around where we got Jarman Impey a few years ago with our first pick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back