Roast The Melbourne Board NAPALM thread (hosted by Topkent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs have to model in the likely scenarios when negotiating contracts as to how the year may pan out. There have been instances in the past where clubs have breached or sailed close to the limit when hit with injuries and had to promote other guys resulting in higher wages bills.

Fair enough. I would still drop Dawes and Lumumba if there was no financial benefit.

Veil of negativity? How about a veil of bull#### that covers everything that comes out of Paul Roos' mouth. Not even thinly veiled either...

I want to put a blow torch on Nate Jones as well. Sure he's got a million credits in the bank, but he has been so down recently to the point where it looks like he's just thinking of what the surf is like on game day. Captains aren't supposed to go into their shell when things get tough; they get furious and demand higher standards from themselves and their teammates. Nate can be really insular sometimes and I'd argue his negativity is more impactful than what comes from supporter forums or radio programs.

Veil of negativity? How about a veil of bull#### that covers everything that comes out of Paul Roos' mouth. Not even thinly veiled either...

I want to put a blow torch on Nate Jones as well. Sure he's got a million credits in the bank, but he has been so down recently to the point where it looks like he's just thinking of what the surf is like on game day. Captains aren't supposed to go into their shell when things get tough; they get furious and demand higher standards from themselves and their teammates. Nate can be really insular sometimes and I'd argue his negativity is more impactful than what comes from supporter forums or radio programs.

I reckon you make a fair point, you dont really see him angrily pointing at people and yelling at his team mates to do more
I think he focuses to much on what he needs to do rather than bringing others into it

I would drop them even if there was somehow a financial penalty associated.

I would pay them twice their current contract to stay at home on gameday and crochet booties for the boys when they come home... Can you imagine how many stitches Dawes would drop?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nickgrant69 you lesbian campaigner, that's cardworthy.
You know you never really truly felt you made it in this world until you get called a lesbian campaigner in your own thread
Just don't boo me that's racist

Random thread bump.

Listen up Roos - here is the pass mark for 2016.
1. Beat Hawthorn - in a GF
2. Prestia and his Caravan turn up and can't get a game because of the quality of our list
3. Watts gets Norm Smith (medal, not biography)

If any of that doesn't happen I will find you Roos in Port Melbourne / Elwood and sook about it for an hour

Melbourne have publicly stated at the start of 2015 their aim is to make finals in 2016 and once again stated that it is still their aim after the season had finished.

Traded away next years 1st round pick so they aren't expecting to be around the bottom.

Finals will be a tough ask but they must be in contention for most of the season, anything less is a fail.

Melbourne have publicly stated at the start of 2015 their aim is to make finals in 2016 and once again stated that it is still their aim after the season had finished.

Traded away next years 1st round pick so they aren't expecting to be around the bottom.

Finals will be a tough ask but they must be in contention for most of the season, anything less is a fail.
When did they restate it at the end of the season? Because i was seriously about to post about Melbourne going quiet on their finals aim after the end of the season, because i heard nothing since PJ mentioned our aim at the start of the year

When did they restate it at the end of the season? Because i was seriously about to post about Melbourne going quiet on their finals aim after the end of the season, because i heard nothing since PJ mentioned our aim at the start of the year
B&F speech from Roos sort of mentioned that we are aiming for finals, or at least that we should be thinking in terms of finals. I forget exactly, it was a slightly meandering speech what with thanking 5 million people or so

Do you guys understand The idea of napalming? Your in the process of a Thai massage looking for a happy ending
Yeah sorry. That wandered off in the wrong direction.
Goddamn you Matt Jones! Even in the off season - Goddamn you to hell!

I HAVE TO GO AT LEAST SIX WEEKS WITHOUT FOOTBALL

I WOULD MURDER A GOLDEN RETRIEVER PUPPY FOR SOME WEEK ONE NAB CHALLENGE

B&F speech from Roos sort of mentioned that we are aiming for finals, or at least that we should be thinking in terms of finals. I forget exactly, it was a slightly meandering speech what with thanking 5 million people or so
Jonesy made some comments too on radio (?) couple weeks ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back