Coach The BigFooty Melbourne Board vs Simon Goodwin

Remove this Banner Ad

Goody not getting any credit for the turner move. There's no way there was any more thought out into it than ' one tall bloke out put another in'
I'll give him a little bit of credit, instead of going with the usual tall softy like a Schache or Fullarton , or slow poke like Brown or TMac he did something different and played a guy who has seen bugger all time forward. (Speaks of how far Jefferson is off it)

Taken him a while to wake up to it still so doesn't deserve much.

3 tall set up is still s**t but at least we aren't as vulnerable with the ball on the deck and defensively and we have someone who will compete in the air unlike Schache.

I think this week should be a draw. We all liked the idea of Brown out.

Also, Oliver didn't set the world on fire, but was slightly better than previous.
Clarry was solid. Better than Viney and Trac. His handballs seemed to be back to what we know and he moved better this week for sure. Still a few kicks that he does which doesn't give our forwards much chance, but good signs this week for sure.

I think this week should be a draw. We all liked the idea of Brown out.

Also, Oliver didn't set the world on fire, but was slightly better than previous.
Nah Goody won.
Turner was good.
Oliver improved and didn't shirk anything.
Laurie got a bit of it and kicked a couple of goals only playing the last quarter.

Lol the Oliver standards are at an all time low.
1.2 million dollar player didn't pussy out and got some handballs
What a win
Tbf this thread is about week to week selection, not whether Oliver specifically should be producing more than he is.

Was dumb as hell to play Oliver prior to surgery through that finger injury. He could have missed the Port game and come back for the Brissy game and had an actual impact. Instead we got three weeks of his worst ever footy and he's only now starting to look uninjured.

Honestly the fact that he did his finger on the same day as the injury faking drug cover up story came up makes me think we played him just so it didn't look sus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbf this thread is about week to week selection, not whether Oliver specifically should be producing more than he is.

Was dumb as hell to play Oliver prior to surgery through that finger injury. He could have missed the Port game and come back for the Brissy game and had an actual impact. Instead we got three weeks of his worst ever footy and he's only now starting to look uninjured.

Honestly the fact that he did his finger on the same day as the injury faking drug cover up story came up makes me think we played him just so it didn't look sus.
Love to hear that conversation

Shut up and listen Clarry - I don’t care if you’ve been run over by a steamroller, you’re playing and that’s final. If you don’t like it than next time don’t embrace a 6 month bender and pull s**t off our cars

Remove this Banner Ad

Back