Preview Preview and Changes vs North Melbourne. 1:10pm @ NIMBY Park, Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Grundy.

Coverage for ruck, forward or back (if they feel like playing with the forward structure again, or just to shut the media up).

Can also just rest Gawn at 3QT if we're dominating.

Hibbo probably the logical choice as he can play taller or small back and push Smith forward if it’s a forward that goes down.

But got a feeling they will want to get a look at Grundy as sub. Might not work but he’s probably too good a player to just leave in the VFL for the next 8 weeks without trying him as sub in one of the games we should win easily.

Hibbo probably the logical choice as he can play taller or small back and push Smith forward if it’s a forward that goes down.

But got a feeling they will want to get a look at Grundy as sub. Might not work but he’s probably too good a player to just leave in the VFL for the next 8 weeks without trying him as sub in one of the games we should win easily.

That's what I'm thinking. If they want to experiment one more time with Grundy, now is the time they'll do it via sub against a struggling opponent.

No Brown is a risk again but we can probably afford to take it against North.

No Brown is a risk again but we can probably afford to take it against North.
Britney Spears Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Tracs time forward last 5 games:

GWS 0%
Saints 67%
Brisbane 55%
Adelaide 44%
Richmond 29%

Let’s hope Goody doesn’t do that thing where he forgets a lesson he’s learned five times before and now barely play Trac forward.

Tbf, there was a point in the Richmond game where I thought "gee we're getting killed in the middle here, really need Trac to come in for a bit"

We were winning plenty of contests forward of centre with Petty/JVR/Melk running wild but were getting killed in the middle there with Dusty on fire.

Made sense to put him on ball, but hope we don't get gun shy in the big games to play him up forward. Don't think our forwards will dominate again that easily, the Tiges defence was terrible. Grimes should retire at the end of the year if he isn't already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty was doing damage, but he wasn't the only one. Bolton/Taranto/Hopper were getting the better of us through the middle for most of the game until Gawn went ballistic in the last and just won every clearance himself. Thought putting Trac in the middle to combat Tiges best players in the middle was largely the right move.

Do you disagree with that?

We were winning plenty of contests forward of centre with Petty/JVR/Melk running wild but were getting killed in the middle there with Dusty on fire.

Made sense to put him on ball, but hope we don't get gun shy in the big games to play him up forward. Don't think our forwards will dominate again that easily, the Tiges defence was terrible. Grimes should retire at the end of the year if he isn't already.
We had harmes and JJ in going through midfield this won't be the case in finals so I would imagine Trac will get some more time forward.

In the Richmond game yeah trac was an improvement to the midfield but my one criticism is that I do recall the goal Dusty kicking from the centre square with our mids including Trac cheating forward.

We had harmes and JJ in going through midfield this won't be the case in finals so I would imagine Trac will get some more time forward.

In the Richmond game yeah trac was an improvement to the midfield but my one criticism is that I do recall the goal Dusty kicking from the centre square with our mids including Trac cheating forward.

He was the defensive side stopper and ran past the footy which left room for Dusty behind him. Looked like JJ ****ed it up first time I saw it but JJ chased him from the attacking side and couldn't catch him.

Tapping the ball to the defensive side and having your best player their is a dumb dumb tactic.

Tracs time forward last 5 games:

GWS 0%
Saints 67%
Brisbane 55%
Adelaide 44%
Richmond 29%

Let’s hope Goody doesn’t do that thing where he forgets a lesson he’s learned five times before and now barely play Trac forward.
When you have Jordon and Harmes spudding it up in the midfield against Richmond, it was a no brainer to throw Trac back into the midfield to at least half some contests which he was able to do.

Don't mind Goody doing that at all. Gotta remember we were also missing Sparrow who's defensive pressure and transitioning work is a trademark of his.

Expect him to probably play more forward against North.

Dropping Tomlinson when Harmes and Jordon are still in the side is very cruel.
No real matchup for Tommo though. Larkey pretty much their only tall. But agree on Harmes. He's useless and should be nowhere near this side. JJ does more than Harmes tbf. I actually don't mind JJ as a footballer. Borderline best 22 but he's better than Harmes. Tommo will be a matchup week to week proposition I reckon. I'd really love Hibberd in this team, but not sure who makes way.

Hibberd for Harmes. Move Bowey to a more dangerous mid/high forward role. Although I do like Bowey's ability to hit targets out of defence. But I just think our defence looks better with Hibberd.
They're not going to make a drastic position change with Bowey late in the season.

I'm a fan of the Bowey move to the half forward mid but I think Bowey still being young and inexperienced they'll not want to ticker his position.

I think over the pre season they'll have to seriously consider training him with the midfielder/forward group bit like what they did with Rivers and the shared midfield role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back