Preview Round 1 - changes/preview v. Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

OUT: Laurie, Spargo, Schache, Bowey (inj)

IN: Kozzy, Woewodin, Fullarton, K.Brown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Schache, Laurie, Chandler, Spargo
In: Jefferson, K Brown, Pickett, Woewodin (Sub)

Billings full game

Netflix Idk GIF by Blown Away

Disappointing if Bowey is out for a stretch. Probably play Billings from the start this week as his replacement and maybe Woey as sub. Salem back unless there's a small defender I can't think of on the list as an alternative.

Schache obviously out and I never want to see him again. Hopefully Fullarton is ready so we can see if he's any better before Petty is right to go.

Pickett for Laurie an easy one.

Disappointing to have MacAdam weeks away too but it's probably best he didn't start his MFC career in the debacle Goody called a forwardline last night.

I'd like to see Hore in to replace Bowey. Unfortunately they will just use Salem "dinky kick, perceived pressure" instead.
I guess the good thing is it gets Salem out of the midfield. It would be fantastic if Rivers got a run in there, but alas we all know Goody.

Out = Greg Stafford

Please get rid of this bloke.....absolutely useless.
This is the role I am most concerned about too.

I actually think the quality in our forward 50 isn’t terrible - sure another key forward will help a young JVR but plenty of clubs would love to have Fritsch, Kozzie and Petracca rolling through there.

The midfield appeared to clearly go in lower, quicker and more central in the preseason and last night, but the forwards looked totally unprepared.

This is the role I am most concerned about too.

I actually think the quality in our forward 50 isn’t terrible - sure another key forward will help a young JVR but plenty of clubs would love to have Fritsch, Kozzie and Petracca rolling through there.

The midfield appeared to clearly go in lower, quicker and more central in the preseason and last night, but the forwards looked totally unprepared.

Completely agree. Between Petty, JVR, Fritta, Kozzy and Petracca we have plenty of available talent to put down there. But they're clearly coached to play such a stagnant and defensive style.

Doesn't help that the coaches keep sending Gawn down there as well, because he just draws players to him like a giant celestial body with an enormous gravitational pull.

Someone needs to teach them some ******* leading patterns or it won't matter who we have.

Completely agree. Between Petty, JVR, Fritta, Kozzy and Petracca we have plenty of available talent to put down there. But they're clearly coached to play such a stagnant and defensive style.

Doesn't help that the coaches keep sending Gawn down there as well, because he just draws players to him like a giant celestial body with an enormous gravitational pull.

Someone needs to teach them some ******* leading patterns or it won't matter who we have.
I don't wanna be a Danster but I've been saying this for ages. The cattle is fine, it's the strategy that is poor.
Why not pay the guy out and get BBB to be forwards coach? The bloke knows how to lead/forward craft as well as kick accurately. Couldn't do any worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back