Preview Preview and Changes vs North Melbourne. 1:10pm @ NIMBY Park, Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly Goodwin's never been one for resting players.

Hearing the media say we are going to run Gawn into the ground coz of how heavily we have used him the past three weeks, where have they been? missed three games and has spent half the season sitting in the F50. Max probably feeling as fresh as he ever has at this time of year.

Hearing the media say we are going to run Gawn into the ground coz of how heavily we have used him the past three weeks, where have they been? missed three games and has spent half the season sitting in the F50. Max probably feeling as fresh as he ever has at this time of year.
Yes but saying Gawn will be fresh means that they have to say Grundy hasn't been a complete bust.

Big question this week is if we go the typical Goody tactic of blowing the minnow out of the water in the first half then putting the cue in the rack, or will we go for the big percentage boost considering top 2 is in reach.

(will come back to this post when we sneak over the line by 11 points)

Big question this week is if we go the typical Goody tactic of blowing the minnow out of the water in the first half then putting the cue in the rack, or will we go for the big percentage boost considering top 2 is in reach.

(will come back to this post when we sneak over the line by 11 points)
It won't matter in regards to percentage because ports percentage is really bad. I reckon we should get a decent win and should take second spot. Brisbane aren't that far a head in percentage and they won't get a big win over Fremantle. Infact I reckon Fremantle could get up.

Sparrow and Smith in for Tommo and Woey Jr.

We all clearly pumped up Tommo too much, lol. Smith probably deserves a full game though

Exposing Grundy to KPD this week at Casey 😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interesting to see if Grundy is the sub. It’s unorthodox but wouldn’t surprise me if they try it against North.

Smith will get injured after 60 mins of play proving we should have kept him as sub. Nothing surer. 😅
Imagine the state of Smith's conditioning if he only played a quarter a week for months on end. Tomlinson very stiff, I'd have rested Melksham and given Smith a crack up forward, but I guess they're still hoping Smith will prove a key defender yet.

Sub choice will be interesting.

Tomlinson, Grundy, Hibberd and Spargo.

None of them scream versatility or run.

Surely Grundy.

Coverage for ruck, forward or back (if they feel like playing with the forward structure again, or just to shut the media up).

Can also just rest Gawn at 3QT if we're dominating.

North have a pretty short forward line. Larkey and probably Xerri the only real height.

Probably an OK week to go in a bit shorter in the backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back