October - Not a true Group 1 rated thread. #spring

Remove this Banner Ad

Contributer was not better performed in the Autumn, 2 of Criterions runs in the Ryder and QE are superior to any of Contributers runs, that cannot be argued with as the form now is clear evidence of that.

I know you have a God complex but if you believe this there is no point having any further discussion. Good luck tomorrow.

I know you have a God complex but if you believe this there is no point having any further discussion. Good luck tomorrow.

Figures and form back what I have said up.

You yourself are all over Kermadec and that is Criterion form, yet you are trying to tell me Lucia Valentina and Weary form is superior?

Your argument is full of contradictions.

You say good luck tomorrow but I will be backing Kermadec if the track is playing fairly, so you will also be hoping for good luck.

On another note is Amaralah a risk at 2400M? Although his Turnabll run is the best form coming into this race I thought he last 200M was fair at best, I don't think I can back him confidently.

I was in Paris' corner in the autumn was happy to stay away from a horse that had never had its nose in front for 2 years. But it left the pack that day and put space on them. There's a difference between non-winners and what he did/Royal Descent does.

One of the main reasons I backed him was I don't mind the preparation. first up 2000 doesn't give me a bother in the world. He arrived in good knick and $10 was too good for that combination.

And: all over Prince of Penzance. Happy to risk Amralah.

2 starts at 2400M for a win and a 3rd, most of his runs have been more 2000M range.

I liked him earlier in the week but gone right off him the last 2 days.

I expect him to probably win but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if he runs poorly, 4 starts in Australia, 2 ordinary, 1 good and 1 inconclusive, his last 200M in the Turnabll was not one of a horse I want to confidently back next time stepping up in distance.

Whether Amralah was over hyped or not last start,he was $17 to $6 (after deds) in a Turnbull.
Struggling to find anything in HP Id want to back confidently in a Turnbull.
My theory on Lloyds opinion has been stated here already plus hes still in MC noms.
No doubt this is his to lose if he goes forward,Bowman a huge plus too

seth

Last edited:
First in Cranbourne is a deep maiden IMO. Think a few of these could be city grade.

Hard to settle on one but ended up with the the one from the Ellerton/Zahra yard, Miss Cooper.

It's drawn really well do should be able to settle a little bit closer and a bit further suits.

It's run at Sale wasn't outstanding or anything, but turned just about last and finished off solidly and only finished a couple lengths off them.

Each way odds, think it's a good chance in what is a deep race.

One in R1 finished 5th or so.

Backed the Kent trained #6 in the third and ROS and nabbed third, paid $3,90.

Race 3;

Like the 8, Crying Angel in this. 2000m maiden, so as expected not s great field.

Did enough first up and out to a distance where she's at her best.

Will get back probably so will need a bit to go right.

Like the twelve as well. Vienna Flame. Keeps improving and this distance seems to suit.

These not as detailed..

Cranbourne

Race 6

Interesting race, the Pinker Pinker this year.

Kris Lees coming down with the early favourite chasing prize money. Also nominated for a race at Randwick on Sat. Been racing well. Only a length off G3 level.

I've recently on here slated Kavs lack of good horses but I'm keen on Long Face Grace who I've been following through since I saw its debut run in Yarra Glen in March.

Ran third that day and third second up. In both races she had her chance to win, but didn't. The two that beat it were pretty handy. Something about it said it just wanted further.

Anyway got the black book email in August and it battled away gamely first up, 6th.

Few weeks later, into another maiden - at Sandown. Anyway was double figure odds, had a bit of an interest bet on and it broke its maiden this day. This was the first day Boss was on-board and instead of leading it sat in the front half the field. 3 wide (barrier 13) most of the way it really put in to just get the bob in.

Then went to Seymour in a BM64, again sat 3-4 wide (barrier 9), around midfield - had no real fight to finish off strong but again did. This time just missing behind Wallers Battantyne. They spaced the next one back in three. Really unlucky not to win this.

Then stepped out to 1600M at the Valley in a BM70, and again - won! This time did sit a bit closer to the speed, and again battled really hard to get the win.

Love watching a backing horses as they progress through the grades and think she's the most progressive one out of the lot on Friday night.

Currently $6.50

Not one of my fave hoops but great ride Boss.

Nice collect been struggling tonight but had this for a bit

Had Pepperjack in Mornington and prob not the kind of horse you wanna be on but from good gate might possie closer. Will stick with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone wondered over to g1x.com.au and had a look?

First thoughts are TVN with better promo's and the self-indulgence turned up to 11 :$. Think Top Gear for horse racing.

Not sure how long they'll last doing that but Shark 'previewing' the internationals in a bar looked like it would've been good fun.

Anyone who cares about the fabirc of Australian racing will be cheering Kermadec on tomorrow

#gothedec
i here ya i will be
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

All bets with Luxbet unless stated.

Caulfield
R1 – #5 Thar – 0.5u at $6 (Sportsbet)
R2 – #2 Shiraz – 0.5u at $6 (Sportsbet), #3 The Monstar 0.1u/0.35u at $91/$13.86
R3 – #9 Cocoa Doll – 0.5u at $15 (Sportsbet), #1 Harlem River 0.75u at $3.70
R4 – #4 Good Value – 0.5u at $9 (Sportsbet), #1 Amovatio 0.75u at $4.80
R5 – #8 Black Tomahawk 0.35u EW at $21/$5.44
R6 – #7 Kermadec 1u at $3
R7 – #7 Disposition 0.75u at $4.80
R8 – #1 Pasadena Girl 0.75u at $4.20, #8 Payroll 0.5u at $4.78 (place only)
R9 – #6 Bon Aurum 0.35u EW at $12/$3.59
R10 – #3 Wawail 0.5u EW at $4.60/$1.80

Randwick

R2 – #2 Denpurr 0.5u EW at $6.50/$2.10
R3 – #5 Dupe Em 0.5u at $5
R4 – #5 Countryman 0.5u at $5
R5 – #3 Farolitos – 0.75u at $4.20
R7 – #1 Peeping – 0.75u at $4.20

Raped and pillaged the Power Prices at Caulfield:

Cash back in Melbourne over the first four races for first bet on the race (first bet on the race for money back in order)

Melbourne:

R1: Thar @ $7 (guess work in a 2yo first starters race but why not)
R2: Shiraz @ $6 (free swing hoping LR isn't at his best, surely runs top 3, SURELY!!)
R3: Harlem River @ $3.20 (one of my best for the day and will run top 3), Seranade @ $11 (just incase HR doesn't win)
R4: Richies Vibe @ $12, Eximius @ $51 (happy to go around the favoured runners here, like both at the odds)
R5: Amralah @ $3.50 (please be somewhere on speed this week, none of this back with cover s**t)
R6: Kermadec @ $3.50 (just wins, Fawkner the only possible other chance)
R7: Lucky Hussler @ $5.50 (best result), Noble Protector @ $15 (I'm forgiving the first up run but i can see why others wouldn't though, Monkey Williams off is a positive), Flamingo Star @ $34, Puccini @ $151
R8: Passedena Girl @ $4 (sticking with her), Jameka @ $9 (similar to PG, happy to stick, aimed at this race and does best racing 3rd up + into a prep, my best result on the race) Take Pride @ $26 (was awesome in a lesser race last start, distance the query but think she will be in it for a long way, should lead)
R9: Took the $3.50 and $3.20 on Press Statement last night but happy to take some at decent odds who should get home off a fast speed also: Bassett @ 17, Lizard Island @ $34, Tarzino @ $21 and Tulsa @ $15
R10: Wawail @ $4.60 (best result), Danestroem @ $26, Tahni Dancer @ $51

Sydney bets:

R3: Better not Blue @ $7 (lead please, think the $1.80 fav is very much beatable)
R4: Love Music Magnate but hate the price today up in class (probably to my own detriment) not sure SanDiego gets enough pace in this race to be effective also .. taking on speed runners: Countryman @ $7.50, Cosmic Cube @ $9.50 (best result)
R5: Hernes Oak @ $8.50, Nazir @ $10 (best result), Scherzoso @ $8.50
R8: As mentioned in daily special i think Good Project is the one to beat but the price of Fresponal is way overs so therefore my best of the day @ $11 (1X3 think he runs top 3 for sure).. Testashadow another I'm giving a chance to but happy to just take Fresponal, will be taking trifecta's and first fours here: 1,2,10- 1,2,7,10,11,12- 1,2,5,7,10,11,12… Rekindled Power used to be one of mine but has dropped off completely of late, doesn't look the same horse. Will be mad if he runs a drum because I'm completely risking today.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back