Toast CROWS get their man Don Pyke named Adelaide coach

Remove this Banner Ad

He was born here while his parents were in the states? I would have thought that if he was born here then his mum, at the very least, would have been on hand for the occasion? :p

psst have a look at that username you replied to... ;)

HAHAHA Rucci! NFI doesnt cover it. First you said we were going to Perth to see Pyke, then to Brisbane to see Aish, then Odonnel then Caro gives you a scrap or tidbit and you run with Caracella as a possibility. .

Imagine if Adelaide fans and Rucci meet eachother halfway? That campaigner is still spinning over the events of July three and his writing has changed.We all have alot in common.

If we could meet halfway and get him to aim his attention at the Victorians, instead of us....another thing in common. will also help his beloved port adelaide.

and we also do need constructive criticism, we don't get it.

So they flew him to Brisbane to present, because Roo was up there on holiday?

Love it. "Fages, I'm in Brissy havin' frothies, get him up here to present" :thumbsu:
You would think Roo and Donny would have a good relationship? Captain & Assistant

Whilst I'm really pleased our new coach has been named, I am also really sad to think that this puts closure on Phil's tenure. I wonder how Meredith is doing today? Thanks for everything Walshy, can't wait to see how Pykey builds and enhances your foundations.

Now this is interesting - he was very interested in a senior coaching role and had been for a little while, but the only process he got involved in was the Adelaide, didn't consider Essendon or Carlton. Or they didn't consider him.
The difference, and it may or may not yield success, is that we've made a hire on the basis of targeting a coach. Twice in a row we've done that. On the other hand, clubs like Essendon and Carlton have gone for big names. Worsfold and coach in waiting Bolton. Easy choices that probably won't work out for them.

We're rolling the dice and it's absolutely delicious to see the AFC doing that. (Sorry, bit of Bruce in that delivery...)

Whilst I'm really pleased our new coach has been named, I am also really sad to think that this puts closure on Phil's tenure. I wonder how Meredith is doing today? Thanks for everything Walshy, can't wait to see how Pykey builds and enhances your foundations.

Very well said. Was thinking the same thing myself

He was born here while his parents were in the states? I would have thought that if he was born here then his mum, at the very least, would have been on hand for the occasion? :p

It's midnight--I should be asleep clearly. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or not so much piss them off but control their access to information ;)

Yeah. OK, listen up guys - we'd all better start polishing up our spelling, grammar and punctuation in all our posts from now on. I think that the BigFooty forums are about the only source that Rucci has left, so lets at least make it easy for him to cut and paste.

Don't you guys all know each other over there?

Yes we do, however, we shun those foreigners who try to have anchor babies. Haven't you been listening to the Republicans? ;)

Seems to me Mr Trump "nicely and humanely" rounded the Pykes up and sent them home. :p

Which pisses them off. :D

I love it.
In full agreement.

Which makes me feel even more impressed that he has welcomed supporters and anonymous internet bloggers into his inner circle for chats and was open and willing to share information so long as we didn't betray the trust.

Just a bang on way to operate for mine - build trust and transparency (where appropraite) with those that are important; but control the media.

Glad someone else is thinking this. I'm sure many of us are.
Will be fascinating how Pyke takes the framework setiup and moves it forward under his own leadership, many comments today aligned with words from Phils mouth - but not all.

Did they spend time together at the Coasters?

He was a strategy coach at the team that just made it to a GF when most people didn't have them in the Top 8 due to injuries.

Thing that impressed me is his long time in football which has seen success as a player and a coach. But he's also done extremely well outside of football. To the extent where in led to believe he could happily retire now and live very very well. Money isn't a motivator, clearly.

Going by what you said....the various points - that's a good sign. I can only hope he stamps his authority on the Club. In particular, the Dangerfield Trade, as well as the playing group. There have been players at the Club that have gifted a Guernsey for far, far too long. We need to become a Club that is a serious Finals contender.

Glad someone else is thinking this. I'm sure many of us are.
Will be fascinating how Pyke takes the framework setiup and moves it forward under his own leadership, many comments today aligned with words from Phils mouth - but not all.

Did they spend time together at the Coasters?
I believe he was brought in to cover the loss of Walsh to the power?

He was born here, while his folks were in the states? How did his Mom manage that?

Okay okay. Am going to bed. Love you guys too! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back