Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Underarm blobs just don't do it for me, sorry ;)

Ha ha haaa, not even Miranda?! :p

miranda-kerr-sweaty-armpit.jpg

I like those Lions kits, I've always been a stickler for geographical representation for the teams in Super Rugby, looks like a good first step. That Lions away kit with a Perth skyline would be a good Force jersey.

Speaking of which, our training jersey has a main sponsor this season...

12317745_994812333922683_297498445_n.jpg

Last edited:
Needs moar logos!

(and how is grey/black "terracotta"?)
The terracotta is quite clearly observable in the major sponsor logo.

A couple of pics of the new Force jersey. Not sure about the white sleeve, makes it look a bit too much like an away kit; probably should have been blue like the rest of the jersey, or possibly even black. Will be interesting if they go for white shorts, making the home kit predominantly blue'n'white; then I could understand the white sleeve.

unnamed.jpg unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leeds 2016 away jersey. The shirt takes inspiration from the terracotta and green uniform worn by the club in 1895 before they adopted their now famous blue and amber colours.
Leeds-Rhinos-Away-Shirt-2016.jpg
So why didn't they use terracotta instead of steel blue?

Bigger image and different angles

hHsLh3E.png

Thought it looked ok until I saw the maroon side panels and collar.

So disappointing. Ditch the maroon side panels and collar (last year's nines black jersey had the same problem), and it might nearly be passable, even if the blue isn't nearly dark enough to work for the Broncos.... on the bright side, it could have been worse, they could have based it on the new away jersey....

With the nasty away jersey, and now this, I have very low hopes for whatever Nike are planning to spit out for the nines this season.

Nike, Brisbane, if you're listening (which you clearly aren't) and for some strange reason you have any desire to make decent looking jerseys again at any point in the future, call me.

EDIT: Apparently it is meant to be purple, not blue. Ok, then... I think that makes it worse?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back