Game Day Family day thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Chad was playing like it was the real stuff. Can't knock his dedication and work ethic.

Arch had two beautiful highlight plays and was a beast inside. So excited about his potential this year.

Dougal.

Saw a kid have a massive spew after chugging what seemed like a thousand free OAKS. Did lol.

Didn't meet any of you creeps xoxo

Saw a kid have a massive spew after chugging what seemed like a thousand free OAKS. Did lol.

I spewed at 3/4 time of the 1988 GF at Footy Park after smashing a whole packet of Jaffas... then after the game I saw a heap of Glenelg supporters walking through it as they shuffled off!

I also LOLd!

***I was 8 at the time.

Guys, how did Toumpas go? Local radio in Melbourne are reporting that he was near BOG.

As a Dees supporter I'm obviously interested in his progress.

Guys, how did Toumpas go? Local radio in Melbourne are reporting that he was near BOG.

I barely saw him, but that could possibly be attributed to a combination of speed and svelte.

So that was a bit of fun.
Yet again a few players running around with numbers that didn't match the programme. Why was Hartlett in 6?
Good crowd despite some of the negativity at the start of the thread. Bryce-Jones and Hewett both did enough good stuff to attract attention. Butch did one of his super-skillful crumbing goals early, quite deliberately kicking a bouncing ball out of the air. Much later missed his one opportunity at an easy set shot. Wingard sensational, just can't help being speccy. However hair still needs pushing back after every play - bring back Brylcreem perhaps? Dougal Howard instant R1 ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't notice him much. Especially in the second half. Had a few touches in the first but I don't recall anything interesting.

Tremendously under-used word. Svelte.

History has taught me not to pay too much attention to the skills. They're always average at this time of year.

I saw Toump doing lots of good link up work. He definitely didn't look out of place and I think he will be a solid contributor this year.

Polec cocked it up a bit but i don't think any of us will judge harshly give what he's gone through and his road to recovery is somewhat ongoing.

Loved Arch's game (as usual).

1st ruck looks dicey but.

Actually, come to think it, Ken did sing his praises big time today and it seems he's a high possibility to play round one. Now whether that is based on his effort and talent or on how little depth we might have, it is yours to judge.

Lots of positives, which most have touched on already, so I will provide my couple of negatives.

The numbers around the contest was ridiculous. Most of the game was played with 36 players in one half. Wtf was with that?

Lobbe was deplorable. Especially against no other recognised ruckman. We are in deep s**t lads.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/c8202cfafe8fa442c1b98d92bd041456
Jared Polec and Chad Wingard share spotlight in Port Adelaide’s trial game
COMEBACK kid Jared Polec made a strong return from long-term injury on Friday night as Port Adelaide fine-tuned its preparations for its NAB Challenge campaign.
While Polec’s return would have pleased coach Ken Hinkley, dual All-Australian Chad Wingard was the star of the show with three goals and several typical moments of magic which set him apart from his teammates
Teenage big man Dougal Howard — being fast-tracked as a ruckman as an insurance policy for No. 1 big man Matthew Lobbe following Paddy Ryder’s season-long suspension — had some good moments and impressed with his attack on the ball.
More...
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/c8202cfafe8fa442c1b98d92bd041456
upload_2016-2-12_21-34-12.png
Chad Wingard booted three goals in Port’s intra-club game...

Taking into account that Polec is rusty, what did people think of him? I only saw half the game and given his time out and Wingard's skill I was prepared to let the two intercepts in the first quarter slide. And he was getting a lot of the ball. He also should have provided teal's first goal, a pretty easy mark was dropped from his pass. But I had to go at half time, what was he like in the rest of the game?

image.jpeg
So schulzy signed my 6 year old sons orange 2016 PAFC Guernsey.

As he was signing it he said to my boy "no worries but you got the wrong colours on buddy"

I then corrected him and said "ha ha look closer schulzy, it's a 2016 PAFC one mate"

He took another look, saw the logo and replied " ohh yeah, didn't realise we had orange this year" with a semi embarrassed, semi confused look on his face.

I found it amusing that he didn't know all of the Guernsey attire for this year!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back