Autopsy 2024 Rd 6 Premiership Quarter Blue Blitz hands Giants their first loss

Who played well for the Blues in Round 6 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame we can’t say we are 6-0 but I will take 5-1 at this stage. Not our best performances as it wasn’t a 4 quarter effort but from halfway through the 3rd to FT, they played some amazing football.

Weirdly I feel we might still grind a win
Well I was right... But also wrong! That was no grind, we went blitzo!

We can't play like we did for the first 2 1/2 quarters every week and get away with it.

Hope when they watch the video of the game it sinks in what changed the game around.

After the sack Voss s**t of last year I no longer trust the footy judgement of so many people on here. And get to enjoy the grit and skill of this footy team...without the disaster BS.

Go baggers. Great win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gave us no chance midweek. Their firepower through the middle and up forward were going to blast us apart; their defense, even short Taylor, were going to be too strong given that we don't know the meaning of the phrase, 'lower the eyes'. We were going to get done around and behind the ball, and it wasn't going to be pretty.

Well now.

I'd argue that the coaching staff sticking with Ollie Hollands have been vindicated, only a lot. The impetus prior to today was clearly to improve our turnover game; see how easily we flicked the switch over to a clearance dominance game? That was brutal, an evisceration of an opposition who simply could not go where we went; they felt fear today, Tom Green and the Giants mids. They saw our brutes coming, and they chose to knock the ball away rather than take the ball; content to be second to the ball, to feel fear rather than to confront it. When our pressure rises, we're terrifying. There was no stopping us today; they couldn't get the ball, and when they got it they could not retain possession.

Patrick Cripps, that was Judd like. You've never chosen your moment quite like that before; you've been high, you've carried the team on your back before, but today you genuinely felt the occasion upon you, like an epiphany from above. You rose, and from where you stand few share the space with you.

I'm going to rewatch it tomorrow, when the feeling has gone from me. I don't have it in me to analyse at the moment.

Carn, the Blues!

That’s as fulfilling a win as we’ve had lately.

We’re a top side now & we were challenged today.

We were down on personnel & early in the 2nd we were right up against it.

But geez, we showed a bit of ticker & rolled a contender good & proper.

Could not be happier.👍👍

Back