Autopsy 2023 Rd 21 Last quarter blitz sees Blues in 5th spot

Who played well for Carlton in Round 21 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Crouch for me is a bigger shocker than Wilkie. He's an accumulator that doesn't hurt you much at the best of times.

But not to touch the ball in the last quarter when your team starts in front and gets overwhelmed means that you did nothing to stem the tide and to my mind at lease disqualifies you from getting votes.

Acres pretty much helped turn the game, kicked two big goals, including a ripper to seal the game, set up Charlie for another in the last, had 27 touches and was clearly in the best 3 players on the ground.

Crouch had a very good first half. 6 clearances is a big number, only 4 players had more than that for the game.
I agree with you re: hurt factor, but St Kilda were on top at half time and a big reason for that was his work inside.

Acres was fantastic. I couldn't split him and Newy for BOG, I'll need to watch a replay to decide that one.

2 SI is not really torching us. Game is on the line in the last and he is invisible. Crouch would be lucky to be in the top 10 players on the ground IMO.

Second half he was invisible. First half he was very good.

Not fussed on score involvements. Clearances and contested possessions are his indicator IMO.

Went to the game yesterday, unbelievable win and the atmosphere was something else!!

Imo boys looked a little flat/flaky in the first half. But gee did we over power them in the second half! They were absolutely gassed! We ran them off their feet and bullied the s**t out of them! Something I haven’t seen Carlton do in a long time!!

Fish - unbelievable game! Sweeper roll across half back was brilliant!

P.Dow - great second half! Blew the roof off when he nailed that goal to put us ahead!

All the boys where great and all went up two gears when required in the second half!

My youngest daughter had her hands over her ears for most of the second half! Noise was impressive!

Coaches votes:-

7 Blake Acres (CARL)
6 Zac Fisher (CARL)
5 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
3 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
2 Tom De Koning (CARL)
Callum Wilkie (STK)
1 Mason Wood (STK)

Yes Vossy

We have had a couple of “best wins in years” games recently

The turnaround after quarter time against the Suns was special and has sparked an amazing run

The win at Freo was the first four quarter effort and one where all 23 contributed - probably most complete win in over a decade

The thumping of Port was the first big win against a top 2 team in a very long time

The win against the Pies was the first win against the top team and flag favorites in a very long time - and also was some revenge too

And the win against the Saints was perhaps the most pleasing and character building win in over a decade

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Marshall flogged Pittonet in the first half. Pittonet was good in Q4. I would select JSOS over Pittonet at this stage for most games, with Melbourne the exception
So would I mate , the point was made that Its the easiest of the decisions who to drop I think this one looks easy but wouldn’t surprise me voss sticks with pitto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches votes:-

7 Blake Acres (CARL)
6 Zac Fisher (CARL)
5 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
3 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
2 Tom De Koning (CARL)
Callum Wilkie (STK)
1 Mason Wood (STK)
Can't be that often that each coach gives BOG to a player that the other coach doesn't give any votes.

Said last week Hollands looked like a kid (which he is so zero qualms) but thought this week he looked really strong over the footy.

Fish making it hard for Boyd to come straight back and Dow going to be likely the talk again if and when we have Cerra Walsh and Kennedy available

round-21-jpg.1767113

Coming soon to a JB HIFI near you.

Shoutout to NetworkNerd for the artwork.
Going to rent that from Videoezy as soon as it hits the shelves.

Said last week Hollands looked like a kid (which he is so zero qualms) but thought this week he looked really strong over the footy.

Fish making it hard for Boyd to come straight back and Dow going to be likely the talk again if and when we have Cerra Walsh and Kennedy available

If Dow can back it up and stay at the level then I'd honestly make Kennedy the sub when he returns. Just think his loss of fitness level and his strong skill set forward of the ball screams game changing sub come finals more so than the meat and potatoes from Dow who (hopefully) will have lots of continuation in his game by that point

If Dow can back it up and stay at the level then I'd honestly make Kennedy the sub when he returns. Just think his loss of fitness level and his strong skill set forward of the ball screams game changing sub come finals more so than the meat and potatoes from Dow who (hopefully) will have lots of continuation in his game by that point
Would be a reasonably big call but tend to agree. Options would be a nice thing to have.

But that still doesn't get Dow a place in our dream starting 22. Even if he is rated above Kennedy he still has to displace either Cripps,Walsh, Cerra or Hewett. Can't see us playing 5 genuine midfielders, we've tried before but always given up something to do it (e.g Walsh not in bounce set ups, playing one less pressure forward) and we've been worse off for it.

Might never get all available this year of course.

Back