Autopsy 2023 Rd 21 Last quarter blitz sees Blues in 5th spot

Who played well for Carlton in Round 21 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But that still doesn't get Dow a place in our dream starting 22. Even if he is rated above Kennedy he still has to displace either Cripps,Walsh, Cerra or Hewett. Can't see us playing 5 genuine midfielders, we've tried before but always given up something to do it (e.g Walsh not in bounce set ups, playing one less pressure forward) and we've been worse off for it.

Might never get all available this year of course.

You're asking a lot for all of them to be fit and firing in time of finals. Otherwise I'd acknowledge and agree with your point.

I aww there being setups where Dow maybe preferred due to his continuity and health over someone carrying an injury where they'd be selected to play that 30 to 40 minutes role at Close to full capacity rather than 3/4 of a game at 7.80% capacity.

The AFL is litted with teams throughout history who have lost finals and other big matches because teams have relied upon players who were underdone or still injured. All I'm saying is that we're in the enviable position with Dow that we may not need to do that. Sucks for the player who misses out but that's the beauty of depth.

Last edited:
We should hopefully get the good news about Ollie Hollands rising star nomination within the next 20 mins or so (if he doesn't get it, the whole nomination system is broken)

You beauty

Incredible win.

One more and we're finals bound.

Up the baggers!!!
I'd like to think one more will seal it, but it's very tight. Nobody can afford to drop a game and with all the topsy-turvy results in recent weeks, anything can happen.
The last round has 7 games that could potentially be deciding the finals hopes of 9 teams, depending on results in the next 2 weeks.
Unless a few other results go our way, we could potentially need 2 more.

ive got it - coach 1

5 cripps
4 fisher
3 acres
2 tdk
1 Wood

coach 2

5 newman
4 acres
3 weitering
2 fisher
1 wilkie
That's basically what I had, but a couple names switched sides. I didn't put too much thought into who would give their votes to which players though.
The only ones I'd be fairly certain on are that Voss gave votes to Newman and Wood.
Voss would be pretty comfortable with Newman being our best and I don't think he'd give a vote to Wilkie, given that he didn't do the job on Charlie alone.
F26cG2sasAIMYDm

Acres was good, Newman, Dow stood up in the last. Was good to proven wrong and made to look foolish by the boys.

I think this group may be ready to create their own legacy.

Strapped in let’s go

Love this stuff

That's amazing! I didn't notice that.

I did notice the ruck contest from a boundary throw in where King went up against TDK I think and King literally just pushed TDK in the back out of the contest and took the ball. It was soooo blatant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah terrific!
Pitto makes the clearances work better just not enough marks around the ground.
Saying that I don’t really know how many marks he takes or what a high number is for a ruck!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just on the whole marks around the ground stuff...
How come TDK can take marks when floating back in defence to help out and when playing around the ground, but as soon as he gets forward, he drops EVERYTHING?!?
Somebody needs to tell him to stop going for mark of the year in F50 and just take the percentage grab. Could be an asset when resting forward, but either spills marks, or flies for the same balls as Harry and Charlie.

Just on the whole marks around the ground stuff...
How come TDK can take marks when floating back in defence to help out and when playing around the ground, but as soon as he gets forward, he drops EVERYTHING?!?
Somebody needs to tell him to stop going for mark of the year in F50 and just take the percentage grab. Could be an asset when resting forward, but either spills marks, or flies for the same balls as Harry and Charlie.
As long as he creates a contest and brings it to ground in our forward line. Just need to stop intercept marks that’s all he has to do

On a positive note Hollands will be an absolute gun, this kid is an incredibly talented player, chasing pressure endurance and workrate are indisputable, his courage is exceptional but his pure footy IQ is off the charts…
What a pickup… 👍
Kicking is improving. Shout out to skills coach(es). Binns also has improved his kicking.

Just watching the last Q replay.

Great sense of occasion, coaching and people management by Voss to keep Dow in the game when he had planned to sub him with Ed. He adjusted on the fly by recognizing in the moment the benefit/motivation to Dow personally and the team in keeping Dow in the game. That’s simply good leadership.

Back