Autopsy 2023 Rd 21 Last quarter blitz sees Blues in 5th spot

Who played well for Carlton in Round 21 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished the replay. We were a 50 point better side. Wasted the shots so much. But that's going to happen sometimes with such an attacking mindset. The foward line now is so much like the days when Maclure was the marshall.

St Hilda. The list isnt the problem. It's the fool in charge.
And did they really think 2nd time around Lyon would be any different..............

Finished the replay. We were a 50 point better side. Wasted the shots so much. But that's going to happen sometimes with such an attacking mindset. The foward line now is so much like the days when Maclure was the marshall.

St Hilda. The list isnt the problem. It's the fool in charge.
And did they really think 2nd time around Lyon would be any different..............

‘Fool me once……………………….
Ya can’t fool me again!!!!’
George Dubya

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. My main concerns with Hollands earlier in the season was lack of penetration and no change of pace. Both have improved immeasurably.

He might have just been knackered earlier in the season, but geez he's looks a player in the making.

I watched the last quarter again last night, Hollands was everywhere. Quite a few times he took the crumbs off a marking contest and dished out. Re tackling he was all in didn't think twice that's for sure.

reckon sellers isn't still interested in his old mob? he's like an old man getting 2 serves of jelly & ice-cream for sweets up the back there........

Last edited:
reckon sellers isn't still interested in his old mob? he's like an old man getting 2 serves of jelly & ice-cream for sweets up the back there........
He's sorely missed from the ABC coverage. There needs to be at least one curmudgeon in the commentary box at all times, and Mick doesn't count he's so past it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he played total crapola first half - same for Dow same for Marchbank and Docherty - they all went 180 degrees in second half and played their roles well - very very happy to see it !
You've gone so hard on Fisher that you cant praise 550 metres gained, 30+ possessions, corridor passes which you like, 3 tackles, smothers etc.

Chuck Fisher a bone. He was great early.

You've gone so hard on Fisher that you cant praise 550 metres gained, 30+ possessions, corridor passes which you like, 3 tackles, smothers etc.

Chuck Fisher a bone. He was great early.
liek I said- he was very good in the second half- maybe he has found a position where he can use his stregths rather than get done by his weaknesses.

liek I said- he was very good in the second half- maybe he has found a position where he can use his stregths rather than get done by his weaknesses.

Love the backhanded slap to the first half JAB. When Boyd can only touch the ball 10 times a game, kick it sideways, and lay less tackles, I'll expect you to bring the same heat.

Love the backhanded slap to the first half JAB. When Boyd can only touch the ball 10 times a game, kick it sideways, and lay less tackles, I'll expect you to bring the same heat.
Nothing back handed abotu my view at all JOT.

Just watching the last Q replay.

Great sense of occasion, coaching and people management by Voss to keep Dow in the game when he had planned to sub him with Ed. He adjusted on the fly by recognizing in the moment the benefit/motivation to Dow personally and the team in keeping Dow in the game. That’s simply good leadership.

I really really hope Dow goes on a tear from now, would genuinely make me so happy and maybe show there was some sort of method to the madness of the match committee in not picking him when he’s killing it in the 2’s week in and week out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was great in the second half, ok in the first quarter and anonymous in the second when the saints were on top.

Did some good things I didn't expect but still was pretty anonymous defensively, fantastic smother apart.

I'd not have him best 22 but not unhappy if he's playing as injury cover if he can replicate that again.

Back